Combat anomaly sentry

Hi guys, so I tried out combat anomaly yesterday. I was flying a sniping commorant with a range of 50km shield tank. But when I’ve warped 60km to the Refugee. The sentries just chewed my shield easily before I could hit them. And rats also eating my hull so fast. How do you deal with those sentries?

1 Like

Most Refuge Anomaly sites are basically a level 3/10 site which, in my opinion should be run with a Cruiser. Some of the Refuge Anomaly sites could even be classified as 4/10.

As for the Sentry’s, I always take them out first. I believe you’d be in a better position to do that by warping in at 0 km’s to quickly orbit them at top speed. I forget what their range is, probably about 100 to 150 km’s, maybe even more.

Course Destroyers aren’t really known for having a defensive tank. They can do pretty good in the 1/10 and 2/10 sites since they can quickly kill the NPC Frigates.

Personally I think a Destroyer is hard pressed to do any of the larger anomaly sites.

Edit:
Would help to know which site and how your ship is fit…

3 Likes

Hi, thanks for the reply.
Here is my fit
[Cormorant,Sniper 100km]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

F-90 Compact Sensor Booster
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

150mm Railgun I
150mm Railgun I
150mm Railgun I
150mm Railgun I
150mm Railgun I
150mm Railgun I
150mm Railgun I

Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator I
Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator I
Small Ancillary Current Router I

I think I did a Guritas Refugee site

Yeah, that’s definitely a ‘Glass Cannon’, I think it’s more suited for Fleet Ops than solo PVE.

Main thing I see is there’s no Defensive tank on it, plus there’s a big EM hole in your shield resists. Course Guristas mainly shoot Kinetic (79%) and Thermal (18%). However, the Sentry’s could be shooting EM damage which might explain why your shields melt so fast.

Personally I’d do a complete refit and make the ship a short range brawler. Course I mainly pilot Minmatar ships and my character is maxed out on most skills but I messed around in PYFA and came up with this fit:

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll try out this fit tonight o7

1 Like

Well, you’ll probably have different stats and maybe some fitting issues. Make sure to first do a ghost fit in-game with the fitting screen option ‘simulate fit’.

Also can use T1 mods if there’s an issue with using T2. I usually fit up my Defensive Tank first, then do prop followed by tracking / damage increase mods, then weapons. I usually fit rigs last in case any fitting issues are encountered, such as Capacitor or Power Grid shortage. If no issues, then I use rigs to help buff ship stats in resists and damage output.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.