Combat Log

How does the search function actually work on your character sheet - interactions - combat log ?
Am I missing some brilliant way that this works or would it not be simpler to allow it to search for ship type than whatever else it does search for, I’m not sure what ? does anyone know ?

1 Like

Well, I’ve never really noticed the search option in the character sheet before.

However due to seeing this thread I checked it out and it seems it’s only available in certain pages and tabs of the character sheet. Basically it bypasses having to scroll through a long list when searching for something specific.

Skills Page
Will list all skills pertaining to specific term when typed in search option. e.g. type Frigate to list all Frigate skills.

Interactions Page
Standings Tab = Will list Faction, Corporation or Agent when name is typed in the search option.
Combat Log Tab = Will list log for specific ship when typed in search option, dependent on type of log selected - Kill or Loss.

Skins Page
Will list all active skins for specific ship when typed in search option. e.g. type Rifter to list all active skins for Rifter.

I don’t think @DeMichael_Crimson understood your question, his reply doesn’t make sense to me, but it bumped your thread, which seems I would have missed otherwise. :smile:

The way that feature works is it keeps the results within their page in the combat log, i.e. it merely filters out within each page the combat log entries that don’t match the search string, which is unintuitive and may be confusing if the first pages appear empty because they happen to contain no search results. You have to keep browsing the next pages in the combat log until you find a result that matches the search string.

2 Likes

I explained how the search option works in the various pages of the character sheet.

I know, that’s why your reply doesn’t make sense to me. He was asking specifically about Character Sheet > interactions > Combat Log, not about how the search function works elsewhere…

1 Like

And I included that as well.

The actual search is dependent on the type of log selected, either Kill or Loss. You have to type in the ship, such as Rifter to view a list for that ship.

Like I said earlier, it basically bypasses having to scroll through a long list when searching for a specific entry.

You are right, I see now it does work on ship type it just doesn’t tell you what page you are on but if you keep clicking next page eventually it will get to the page where there is a garmur for example if you were searching for gamurs

That’s exactly what I said in my reply, it will list the logs for specific ship when typed in search option, which is dependent on the type of log selected - Kill or Loss.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.