Community Fittings: Where do they come from?

That’s another option and also works. I still personally feel it’s all silly and needs to go but anything is better than the “here’s 4 different ones, just pick the best one that is also the most costly”.

1 Like

My post was not meant as an excuse to ■■■■■ about Hateless fittings or why he stopped streaming. At least he stepped up and provided some useable fittings for the Community, which is a good thing.

But back to topic:

I’ve played the game in a Do-It-Yourself fashion (with a different char) for about a year. Not buying anything from the player market. If you do this, you are happy about any better meta item you find. Then you feel the progress, as it might be intended back in the day. And you also need to figure out where to find them. Which rats to shoot, in which region. It was a nice but also exhausting experience.

With the gigantic trade hub Jita you can skip that part entirely and buy the best meta stuff for a somewhat low price. No need to bother with Meta 0-3. I don’t judge about that. If you want to win, use the best stuff you can afford, right?

From what I’ve seen, the drop rates decrease with the meta level, as one would expect. Meaning, the initial developers intended some sort of progress in usage, with lower supply forcing the usage of lower tiers.

I guess nowadays most people will only use the lower levels if nothing else fits within the CPU/PG limits. Again, totally understandable.

How do alliances think about that when creating their doctrine fits? My guess would be that they mostly rely on producible T2 stuff and only use Meta if the market supply is plenty? Like for the propmods?

Alliances use T1 or T2 for most of their stuff simply because it means it can be produced. I made a bunch of “easy starting rookie” fits which mostly use meta 1-2 to keep down costs. No real newbie should fit his first 500k destroyer with 5 mil in meta 4 guns, he’s not going to notice the performance difference anyway.

1 Like

Thanks, exactly my thoughts.

My first experiences in PvP was in faction warfare (another char) with cheap Breachers, Rifters, Tristans. I had the shakes and my heart was pumping like crazy. Mistakes left and right. Forgot to activate modules, not launched drones, burned modules, capped myself out. And so on. Attacked a fellow Minmatar player because the overview told me he is red (security -10).

And how was I supposed to know which ships I can fight with any chance of success? Or what the differences are between brawling, scram kiting, and kiting?

That’s why I think using cheaper fits is the way to go in the beginning. You will notice the point when that extra dps/range could make the difference between a lossmail and a killmail.

1 Like

The original fits were developed on this forum here. A second round of fits were developed when eve Academy launched. The third round of fits were quite recent and are contributions from Eve partner program.

1 Like

How might I submit a very practical battle barge fit?

Just have all ships fitted optimally why not.

Get rid of the “illusion of choice”

In fact just have one supership that does it all.

Its what everyone seems to want.

My vote is its on a Sacrilege hull, though scaled up 250 times so its a cap because its “aspirational” (*yes read that in as whiny and nasally a voice as you can imagine)

Sure, however the Community Fits were, iirc, supposed to be good quality fits submitted by the community and vetted by a CCP team.

Probably the type of fits you and Aisha are talking about would be the ones in the Beginner Fits and Beginner Fits+ chat channels.

People who need standardised fits are people who lack understanding and experience while doing basic things, so newbies.

People who have been playing for a while not only understand the game better and/or have better access to fits through their corp, alliance or peers, they also (probably) are not helped by generic fits as they have vastly more playstyle options.

Community fits are, or should be, for newbies doing basic things that newbies can be expected to do.

1 Like

I agree with the bolded part, but would like to add to it:

They should be good quality fits for newbies, because the purpose of those fits is to help players who do not yet know how to create or adjust fits to their own needs. In other words, newbies.

Beginner fits would be for players who just came out of the tutorial and do not yet have the skills for the other newbie community fits.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.