[Competition - 8,000 PLEX in prizes] Why We Fight (Drifters) poster competition

I did not hear any.

Reddit thread is silent too.
Maybe people did dive into the summer wormhole.

@Makoto_Priano any news ?

News: I EXIST!

Hoo boy.

Alright. Without getting into the gritty details, suffice it to say that I scheduled this contest over a period where the tail end would coincide with a vacation. The idea was that the finalization and scoring’d fall after I got back. The vacation was lovely, but the return to default, normal life was jarring and possibly a bit destructive for my motivation and mental health. I could get into a longer discussion of all components, but I’ll say it simply as this: thank you for your patience, such as it is. For many of you, you know when we’ve run competitions in the past we’ve been timely and responsive on the administrative end, and this is an aberration. My hope is we’ll avoid any repetition when next we attempt such a thing.

Additionally, on the administrative end, the Triglavian Collective/Abyss bounty is something that was structured a bit strangely in hindsight. My apologies for that! In the future, we’ll probably structure ‘subject bounties’ in a different way.

That said, here’s an album with all of the entries we received! If this is missing anything, please nudge me and I’ll make sure to provide appropriate recompense.

Firstly, honorable mention to Arthur Jadeshin for his piece! It was a stand-out in style, with its bright, clean design, but it ultimately couldn’t compete with the front runners. All the same, Arthur, we’ll be contracting you 500 PLEX in thanks for your entry. :smiley:

In third place, but benefiting from the Abyss bounty, is Nana Skalski’s ‘Filled With Answers’ Abyssal piece! Cleanly and smartly composed, the touch of orange and the catchy tag-line really sold this one for us.

In second place, Nora Maldoran’s Dragonfly recruitment poster, posed in the proper environment of a hangar! The original piece itself was perhaps too minimalist to really excite response, as rich as it was in an in-world context, but putting it into the scene really made the piece.

Lastly, in first place, congratulations to competition stalwart labtecwar for his ‘if they bleed’ piece! As always, sir, your mix of clean design and clear vision really made a brilliant set of pieces. While all of your pieces were contenders at one stage or another, it was really the ‘if they bleed’ that called to us. The ominously shadowed design came together with an almost movie advert-like style, suggesting narrative in a way that we so rarely see. Well done!

So, that should more or less settle our judging and prize allotment. Prizes as described here have been contracted from Alexander Priano in Jita; if there’s something amiss, please don’t hesitate to evemail me. Again, you have my sincerest apologies for the delay on this. Simply said, mental health’s a bitch.

<3

3 Likes

Congrats to all and thank you for the competition. I hope all is well with you @Makoto_Priano

1 Like

Thank you for hosting this awesome competitions. :hearts:
It’s always great to challenge the own creativity and get to see the ideas others come up with.

Now, here is the “comic version” of my entry which I was not sure enough about to submit before. :sweat_smile:

o7

3 Likes

Congrats to the winners.

For once, I didn’t get in that place that is close but still not good enough.

2 Likes

Big thanks for everyone and especially Makoto Priano. Ah, the smell of PLEX in the afternoon. :relieved:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.