[Competition - 8,000 PLEX in prizes] Why We Fight (Drifters) poster competition

It’s that time again!

With the Drifter Crisis again taking center stage, the Arataka Research Consortium again calls for New Eden’s creative minds to rally to the cause. It’s easy in a cluster so torn by strife between Empire and Republic, Federation and State, nullsec blocs, gankers, pirates, and all the rest, that there exist seemingly inhuman enemies that wish us all ill.

In this moment of focus, however, let’s create lasting messages that show our determination, that remind us why we fight the Drifter menace, and will motivate others to join the cause!

ARC is offering 3500 PLEX for first place, 1500 PLEX for second place, 1000 PLEX for third, and 500 PLEX for each honorable mention. A 2000 PLEX prize will also be provided for best entry involving the Triglavian Collective or the Abyss! Unless, of course, this entry takes first place, in which case the 2000 will default to the next-highest place. Judging will be done after competition closes at the end of 15th June, and announced shortly thereafter.

Wondering about potential topics? Perhaps the insidious presence of scout Lancers disassembling Jove Observatories for parts, the Drifter’s use of Unidentified Wormholes to transit from their hives to New Eden at will, the assassination of Empress Jamyl I, the mysterious Nexus anomaly and spooky Drifter research, the attacks on Sisters of EVE assets or Empire fleets, or even the most recent attacks on Society of Conscious Thought shipyards, or… anything else you can think of that relates to the Drifters and Sleepers, really! And if you want to do something spooky involving the Triglavian Collective, well, we certainly won’t stop you. :wink:

Need any suggestions for slogans?
“Fight for you home! Fight for New Eden!”
“We Remember Safizon!”
“New Eden will not yield to Tyrants!”
“The Collective resists! Will you?”

The Rules:

• Yes, you may submit multiple images! In fact, a well-designed, well-executed set of images can be quite smashing. However, be forewarned that sets will be judged as a single entry, and multiple independent entries may be marked down if they are not of high quality.
  • Please use a lossless format such as .PNG or a similar format.
  • Please use an A series aspect ratio, whether landscape or portrait, for ease of printing. If you aim for a print-quality DPI at A3 size, then that’ll give us the flexiblity to print smaller versions if need be. Yes, these may end up being printed.
  • The competition is to motivate people to fight the Drifters. Please keep this in mind, whatever theme you go with!
  • Competition ends 23:59:59 UTC 15th June, which is to say the end of the day, 15th June, by server time.
    Prizes as of the beginning of this competition are 3,500 PLEX for first place, 1,500 PLEX for second place, 1,000 PLEX for third place, and 500 PLEX each for honorable mentions. A bonus prize of 2,000 PLEX goes to best entry involving the Triglavian Collective, unless this entry takes first place. These prizes may go up. If so, we’ll let you know.

As we receive questions, we will probably update this post with clarifications.

8 Likes

First entry to get it moving…

A3
Lossless file for full bleed printing (5mm bleed).

7 Likes

update’s below :wink:

3 Likes

Only 3 weeks left, are there some other posters from different communication channels?

A3

5 Likes

Hey, Nana! Still pretty slim pickings. :wink:

2 Likes

I suppose drifters are too scary even for artists.

1 Like

That, and I still need to push it in the direction of certain folk. :wink:

3 Likes

Let the propaganda posters floooooooow! \o/

A3

2 Likes

I speak for myself but I had barely enough inspiration to make the poster below, more to say to myself I did something then else.

High-res file

2 Likes

4 Likes

Finally! ABYSS! Made it thru! \o/

A3

4 Likes

DEFEND OUR FREEDOM!

2 Likes

Late, but not too late! \o/
A3

3 Likes

bleed

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

I should have looked up that thread earlier. Would have given me some ideas.
Well now it ended up being just another recruitment ad…

calling%20all%20fighter%20pilots%20-%20caldari%20navy

But because that seemed a bit too simple I put it in a scene:

scene_small

Full resolution PNG and PDF can be found here:

4 Likes

As there aren’t tons of entries I thought I’d enter and have a play with some Abyssal space images. First time I’ve ever done anything like this. Not sure it’s motivational though.

2 Likes

Here you go. It was fun : thanks for event !

WeTransfert link of the lossless A3 300 DPI file with 5 mm bleed : https://we.tl/bZ8DcUZxy2

Edit 16th june 22:30 :

Corrected some lighting effects that i didn’t have the time to correct yesterday

2 Likes

Hey there - are there any infos on the results of this contest?