[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 2020/06/24

Lol you do not need a psychiatrist… this is… definitely not normal. okay you might need to talk 1 if you haven’t already lol

jus kiddin bro its cool many ppl out there still deny their addiction after 10 plus yrs…

4032x3024 1.47 MB

Ok, 2 extended DTs then. Cool.

1st must be for taking ‘Red’ out from the game.

2nd would be for taking ‘dots’ out.

Good Job CCP, keep it up !

3 Likes

looks like 2 Terabytes at 5,200 mhz. That just might be enough to Calculate CCP’s local bar bill.

2 Likes

some of those numbers are correct!

2 Likes

caught me less than a second from the screen shot, well done :stuck_out_tongue:

is this for the SISI Mirror?

was hoping to see a permanent fix to the flawed chat system we’ve been operating under for two years now. when you see multiple reconnecting to chat system messages it is time to dock up and ship spin or log off.

How do you expect this thing to run fast without any RGB? /disappointed

no it’s not

R7425 with AMD EPYC? god knows man… maybe there’s nothing under the heat sink :slight_smile:

2 Likes

AMD or Intel?

Testing (well, year 1, they in production now) AMD EPYC for the last 2 years and I dont think you will ever get me back to Intel (CPU wise, still GREAT for Storage with the fastest IOPS I have ever seen on non-ram drives) short of an entirely new µArch

1 Like

:red_circle: I you remove the red dots :red_circle: you will have more processing power available to put sound back in… :red_circle:

4 Likes

no, this is testing new db hardware for tq

1 Like

close enough!! This is a R7525 with a single EPYC 7742

2 Likes

AMD!! We’ll see how 128 cores compares to 32 tomorrow!

4 Likes

Nice!

I dont recall if the backend runs linux or windows, but if linux, dont forget the huge community that exists, lots of performance left on the table with default linux settings :smiley:

I hear Wendell from Level1Linux/Techs does consulting for issues :stuck_out_tongue: (should it not blow intel outta the water of course :X)

1 Like

The core of the simulation is still on Windows (DB and Sol Nodes). This particular server is Win 2019 - and I hear you with lots left on the table, but not just with linux. SQL Server in general really benefits from tuning to the workload being thrown at it.

3 Likes

This is true, I never want to see another MMO DB again in my life, I worked the largest MMO’s DB and tuning OS for it, no thx…

Looking forward to results, make sure someone makes some pretty graphs :smiley:

3 Likes

we’ll do a dev blog for sure

5 Likes