2018/06/05 - Extended Downtime Deployment Discussion Thread!

Hey guys,

As announced on Thursday, today’s downtime will be extended up to around three hours (perhaps longer) as we deploy a massive number of changes to phase out the old outpost system.

Downtime should last approximately three hours. This timeframe is however only an estimate, as Tranquility’s database will be performing the following operations during downtime:

• Moving more than 53,300,000 inventory items.
  • Moving more than 75,800 market orders.
  • Moving more than 33,000 contracts.
  • Taking care of more than 240,000 bookmarks.

Several tests have been carried out on mirrors of Tranquility’s database to ascertain how long this will take, and rough estimates right now show that it should be within around two and a half hours, with the addition of a number of other downtime jobs and changes that need to occur.

Updates will be provided in this thread as to progress of the downtime as we make the conversion!

Cheers!

• F
6 Likes

UPDATES:

11:00 UTC

TRANQUILITY HAS BEEN TAKEN OFFLINE & DOWNTIME HAS BEGUN!

11:15 UTC

CHANGES THAT ARE NOT PART OF THE OUTPOST PHASE OUT ARE CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS.

11:17 UTC

THE OUTPOST PHASE OUT HAS BEGUN - 5/1217 OUTPOSTS CONVERTED.

11:32 UTC

OUTPOST PHASE OUT ONGOING - 75/1217 OUTPOSTS CONVERTED - TIME ELAPSED IS 16 MINS.

11:47 UTC

OUTPOST PHASE OUT ONGOING - 223/1217 OUTPOSTS CONVERTED - TIME ELAPSED IS 30 MINS.

11:58 UTC

ACCIDENTAL RELEASE OF A DUMP OF FEDOS FROM UNITY STATION. CLEANUP IS ONGOING.

12:02 UTC

FEDOS STILL SCUTTLING ABOUT. SEVERAL NETS HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED. NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

12:08 UTC

OUTPOST PHASE OUT ONGOING - 441/1217 OUTPOSTS CONVERTED - TIME ELAPSED IS 50 MINS.

12:23 UTC

WE’RE NOW ROUGHLY 50% OF THE WAY THROUGH THE OUTPOST CONVERSION PROCESS.

12:40 UTC

CONVERSION STILL ONGOING - TOTAL CONVERSION TIME SHOULD BE A LITTLE OVER 2 HOURS.

13:20 UTC

OUTPOST PHASE OUT ONGOING 1112/1217 OUTPOSTS CONVERTED.

13:25 UTC

OUTPOST CONVERSION COMPLETE - RUNTIME 02:08:11

13:27 UTC

CHECKS CURRENTLY ONGOING - TQ STARTING UP SOON

13:34 UTC

REGULAR DOWNTIME JOBS NOW ONGOING - TQ STARTING UP SOON

13:46 UTC

TQ IS NOW STARTING UP FOR TESTING IN VIP MODE

13:52 UTC

VIP MODE TESTING COMPLETE

13:56 UTC

TRANQUILITY IS NOW ONLINE AND ACCEPTING CONNECTIONS!

19 Likes

All the best for the DBAs.

4 Likes

Just out of curiosity, how many hamsters died to bring you that information?

:sunglasses: :psyccp:

8 Likes

The forum header notification does not include the link to this topic. I am surprised that this is still not done automatically by your super awesome discourse forum backend. :slight_smile:

Quafe on standby folks, Best of luck CCP This sounds like a large task!

1 Like

Read between lines:

5 Likes

I bet 1 ISK this ends in a desaster :joy:

Maybe by disaster …

1 Like

Good luck! :smiley:

are we there yet :slight_smile:

A … few … more … hamsters …

2 Likes

All the best. I will have to trigger a couple of Asset Safety transfers tonight …

Until we can sign back in to Jita…

1165272880_preview_guidelines_trustno1

7 Likes

played every day last week except Thursday.

only news I’ve seen is about the upcoming vote where alliances pass on their most irritating people to CCP.

nothing about this…

7 Likes

@Alana_Packham
this change was announced befor or at fanfest so … clear for a while now …

JuuR

2 Likes

Pour one out for the old outposts, folks. I’ll miss them. Spent a lot of my early EVE days out in Provi’s outposts; I’m sure I still have some stuff in a few of them.

I’m sure the new system will be great, but I’ll always have a soft spot in my heart for those old warhorses. They were my home for so many years…

5 Likes

HAHA lol

I was gonna do some exploring and haul some ships for PvP… Err… It’ll be tight, I think I can do it. MAYBE…