[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 27.10.2020

Hello, space friends,

There will be an extended downtime tomorrow, 27 October, that is expected to last for up to 45 minutes. We will start accepting connections as soon as the necessary work at the back end is finished with 11:45 UTC being the latest for all services to resume.

Please plan your online journey accordingly. I will keep you updated on the status here and via EVE Status Twitter.

o7

11 Likes

UPDATES:

27 October

11:11
It seems our hamsters got new superpowers and managed to process all the tasks in a record time! Tranquility is back online accepting connections :slight_smile:

Happy flying, space friends o7

11:04
The extended maintenance is underway. You can view the patch notes from today’s deployment here :slight_smile:

26 October

18:23
Downtime duration has been reduced from 45 to 25 mins total. We will be working to get TQ back online by 11:25 UTC.

9 Likes

1st player comment, any particular reason? :smiley:

They’re applying a stealth nerf to all highsec mission-running ships. Any ship in highsec deadspace that doesn’t have at least 5 PVP killmarks on it does 90% less damage. :smirk:

10 Likes

Or maybe they are just removing asteroid belts all together cuz :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I suddenly see a market for selling (by contract) BS hulls with 5 kill marks!

Funny, I’m seeing a market in building Rifters to use as piloted target drones. >.>

1 Like

Likely the standings rollback will happen tomorrow

Nothing exciting this time around, I am afraid. We have a couple of longer running database tasks to perform and our development team needs additional time after maintenance to ensure everything is nice and dandy for you :slight_smile:

I will be getting the patch notes ready for everyone first thing in the morning!

12 Likes

Any ETA on the asteroid belts of nullsec getting fixed? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

And I’m seeing a market in selling tornados and catalysts with 5 kill marks! :laughing:
mhh ok, those are not realy pve running ships :slight_smile:

Drone standing purge?

“Standings purge” vs “database tasks.” Potatoe / Potahto.

Could this have something to do with the lagfest?

Any chance you could give some feedback about the lag hapening between 19;00 / 00:00?
Would be great to know you guys are taking care of it.

Uh wait, weren’t you installing the Howling Interdictors patch ?

Font rollback? :thinking: :rofl:

1 Like

I am happy you asked. We have been meeting today with the teams to discuss the situation as we saw an increased number of reports about disconnects and lag in the last few days. Our internal metrics are looking healthy and there do not appear to be any irregularities that could explain the poor experience some players have been having.

We are currently looking for patterns to see if there are any external factors that might be causing the issue, similarly as we saw earlier this year with specific ISPs. We would appreciate contact from players reporting these problems by sending a support ticket to our Player Experience team, so we can collect data and continue our investigation on that front.

6 Likes

That’s the plan :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’re getting killmarks on those, you’re using them wrong.

2 Likes