[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 2020/06/24

xeon based - probably 72 cores latest with huge amount of memory - dunno over 1tb? blue plastic tells that this bare metal is branded probably DELL. just lazy to look for model name. anyway nice for db server.

Imo its really not that complicated - server knows when the fight started and can look up incoming reps for participants just as easy as it looks up incoming damage.
But generally you are right, supports are always thankless, noone is able to see when they are doing their job great and everyone spots at a glance any mistake they make.

Now scammers in jita can spam for Hypernode relays even faster! wp CCP :slight_smile:

any devs i can talk to

If you are having payment issues or did not receive PLEX you purchased, please contact customer support for assistance.

1 Like

i have glitch has had half a working week with the info they asked for and they have done nothing but fail im asking here as to get them to take this seriously thank you tho

potato?

We may have had a CPU spike just after failing overā€¦ but its all good now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this running a MS SQL db server?

If it does, it would be fun to hint a license price for this 64-core CPU/server thatā€™s running on. :slight_smile:

It is a MS SQL server, and its not fun in any way to hint or think about the license cost :slight_smile:

2 Likes

64 cores, 1TB of RAM. But thats only half of the mainboard. Full Spec will be two Epyc 7H12 :slight_smile:

Close! 64 cores is right (we have SMT enabled, so 128 HT cores) but it has 2 TB of memory

1 Like

Is the licence cost more than the hardware? :smiley:

Hah, almostā€¦will you seat the second socket aswell or keep it open for future upgrades?

This is actually just a proof of conceptā€¦ itā€™s a loaner box to see how we like it and how the AMD architecture will work for EVE (I love our vendors!). But I canā€™t imagine we would ever fill the other socket, at least not with another CPU like this.

2 Likes

when is the shortage phase over.
Moon ore sucks atm belt mining gives waaay more isk like 3-4 times more

Thatā€™s most likely by design. Before the changes, you rarely saw people in belts, especially in null. Now that there are less anoms, less moon goo, that kind of thing people are actually having to belt mine again. This is probably the best nerf CCP could have came up with for the rorq, as belt mining is really not a drone thing typically where you light the core and sit half the day. Rocks are smaller for one, and the rats more frequent and stronger.

If I may suggest for the next proof of concept:
IBM z15, and MS SQL on Linux, or maybe migration to DB2/zOS :slight_smile:

Thereā€™s just something about the z architecture that feels like a true alien technology.

skills and things I trained on get lost in the system wide what every you do to it developing people

You mean we donā€™t have to cram ecm bursts on logi anymore?