[Completed] Extended Downtime Notification - 26 October 2021

Which makes sense in theory. I mean they obviously screwed it up very badly for a prolonged period but things that aren’t as critical such as asset distribution should work without too many issues.

I do have an idea, I tried looking for cheap SAN’s, still looking lol.

I am not talking about CCP’s costs, they blew 3m on the upgrade, I am referring to the prices we would pay for used. Pretty sure we don’t blow 3m.

Please let me know if you find good quality used SAN’s on ebay. I’m still looking for some. Other enterprise hardware for us peasants, is easy to get at a low price.

You guys are so 1st degree (can’t read between the lines). Can’t you see her question as a poke in CCP’s ribs, a reminder to “fix” this limit.

This sounds like a dangerous plan … cross fingers!

2 Likes

No no, cross the streams.

I remember Eve when it was a great game.

3 Likes

In fact, if a SAN replace DB hardware, it’s mean more loading speed, so more item can be load in less time… Without overload servers.
There is therefore an undeniable possible link.

There is a link yes, but it’s not what this downtime is about

1 Like

I want compensated, All I have o say about that.

I know this is important for all ten of you but come on :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

hopefully this maint. fixes the random dc’s while in sites, abyssals etc. cant be my end if 1 character stays connected in station but the other in a site or abyssal gets dc’d.

4 Likes

when you stop asking. Instead advocate for less of them, you might get it faster.

I agree with that - and you lose a ship due to a disconnect and all the forum trolls just give you the old BS

don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose - what a bunch of crap

Relax on the salt ya? This is hardware work, not dev work.

2 Likes

Just want to point out to those suggesting higher limits because of the database upgrades, that it might also be a network and client thing.

If you made it that you could have thousands of bookmarks or items in a single container, it could cause a lot of lag as that data is downloaded and then processed by the client.

So many changes, the most worrisome is the SQL upgrade. Will I find my ISK in my wallet afterwards when I get back to my dock? :smiley:

So far seems fine did get stuck in a never ending gate jump tunnel in high sec, had to safe log lol, came back and could not move the camera or anything, but could jump the gate was bit sketchy with 7.2b in the cargo :slight_smile:

so when are the chat issues going to be fixed ?
im always losng connection to chat servers.

[15:45:01] EVE System > Channel changed to Local : Odin

im now 8 jumps from there and still no update to local, still shows the same people that were in odin

[15:45:01] EVE System > Channel changed to Local : Odin
[15:56:22] EVE System > Connection to chat server lost
[15:56:25] EVE System > Reconnected to chat server

If your camera doesn’t move, click on something in the Overview then click on the ‘Track’ button next to ‘Look at’ to the right of ‘Lock Target’. Worked for me.