[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 7 December 2021

no different to always right? it will get released and youll get used to it, and everyone will stop complaining because no one votes with their subs so thats why CCP just does it.

not really… there are those, that it could be a year later and they’ll still complain.

1 Like

Don’t know…being able to build it and train necessary skills comes to mind

Hope all the tech2 BPOs are also migrated. Will be kinda funny if they are left behind…

Are we going to get hard numbers on this in the patchnotes?

Are we going to get hard numbers on this in the patchnotes?

Absolutely.

5 Likes

CCP has to roll some dices before they will announce numbers.

6 Likes

Thanks for pushing this controversial update before yearly Winter Yoiul Event, CCP. We all know you could kinda wait to implement this stuff after event, so the playerbase could engage and enjoy event in December, and start to figuring out new reality in January.

Unfortunately, you are rather bad in terms of timing when it comes to serious in-game changes implementation, CCP. Anyway, I just hope that after this patch hit Tranquility, there will be no bugs, glitches and exploits affecting winter event. We - players - are NOT your free QA testers on live server, remember that.

2 Likes

I look forward to seeing the hard numbers, as it stands based on what we currently have available, I am generally positive, despite the major hit the Procurer is taking, overall most things WILL be net positive, despite the doom and gloom people.

@CCP_Paragon @CCP_Rattati @CCP_Psych , and any other devs involved in this process, thank you for doing your best to stay focused on the changes, despite the bitching and whining of the loud ones. I appreciate the time, effort, and work you’ve put in.

6 Likes

But the compression changes aren’t happening yet, so they have time.

Their best was a complete failure of an update that the players had to fix for CCP. Just like it was the case with the skill window update. And the updates before that. It is always the players that fix the mess that CCP creates. However, as long as CCP has irreclaimables keep white-knighting for them. they can just keep on delivering crap.

REDNES

7 Likes

@CCP_Paragon

SOS…FULL STOP…SOS…FULL STOP.

You better check all the Implant Sets…I had some issues with the faction Omegas not applying their bonuses.

Also you better reconsider the Ice Residue because that is going to massively mess up the Winter Nexus Event. I don’t think people are going to like getting one out of three cycle drop rates with an RNG factor that can end with alot of stuff being lost.

Gas has the same RNG issue as well.

What happened to the 2022 Time Frame?

Also, if you don’t tweak the mineral amounts…the issue with the Roquals/Orcas…only shifts to Pochven. Where the majority of the richest minerals and resources are. And that has become the Blue Triangle as we speak. Which benefits a few people over everyone else. This patch has many bugs and problems, that if you guys ram it through is going to have some serious negative consequences for the game.

Why are you guys bullheaded trying to shove this through after the majority of players corp and non-corp said no?

The Mining Crystals also go against the grain of the games economy as well. Specialization and Efficiency are the name of the game. You are basically recreating the Roqual issue but with BARGES! Please reconsider this ASAP. Some of the ships can collect everything in less than 2 Cycles…if not one with the HULK!

Please take a very clear and deep look at your concepts. I think the entirety of 2021 as a whole with its “patches” needs to be reset. Because the mining side only needed a few tweaks here or there or some new modules and boosters.

There are much more glaring issues, and problems that need fixing to increase the survivability of this game.

If you Ram Rod this Patch…you will have confirmed that you are going to directly Nerf the Winter Nexus event for a pretty large chunk of the industrial/mining community of EVE Online.

Please Reconsider this. Because there are two buttons involved in this game of Cyber Chicken. Your Patch Button and our Unsub Button. [And I am concerned because the number of Unsubs and lapsing and biomassing toons has gone up massively. Players are clearing out, and this is a major concern. Last night I had a 14K PCU, on a Sunday!]

Please, Please.

Reconsider your actions at the 11th Hour.

7 Likes

It’ll probably work exactly the same way it’s worked for every other ship when CCP has changed the slot layouts: you won’t be able to undock with modules in slots that don’t exist, and old saved fittings will no longer be able to be fitted.

It’s not like they haven’t done this before. Procurers used to only have 1 high slot, and Covetors used to have 3.

4 Likes

We’ll see if its a failure come tomorrow I suppose, but, I doubt it. As it currently stands Zhalyd, if I change absolutely nothing about my current setup, based on numbers that were on test server before change, its a net resource gain of about 20-30% per the same amount of time invested, with the same number of toons per player. If I swap setups around for focused minmax, its 60-70% gain for same number of toons per time… but that’s effort. Effort I do plan to expend.

1 Like

currently, on hoboleaks, it looks as though things like event materials and mining mission materials will ignore residue/waste entirely

was specifically made and stated to be for further work on compression and rebalancing porpoise and mining frigates

Still don’t like the RANDOM waste / residue mechanic if only because of

I would much rather a flat lower amount of waste / residue.

1 Like

dogshit update, you can update your linkedin this company will not hold for a year with such garbage change

3 Likes

Why isn’t this put in the patch notes?
It was bad enough that CCP had to admit they were forced to increase mining mission amounts due to the wastage mechanics. Which shows already its a bad idea. [Doesn’t this mean also if someone doesn’t waste the resources they get double materials which theoretically means an Mining LP snowball effect starts?]
^ This is the kind of “How would a player think about this and exploit them” oversight. That is getting a bit old now.

1 Like

Because this isn’t the official patch notes, its an overview and notification, not the full bit.

As for ‘doubling mining mission materials’ that seems like it was quietly rolled back with the addition of a functional method of ignoring waste

I will believe it when I see it. Since CCP has a bad habit of saying a blanket we covered it, and there are millions of mission materials they couldn’t fully patch up.

3 Likes