Compression tax

Now, don’t go using semantics… i’m sure someone will say something about semantics structure station etc. etc etc. that we know what the OP was talking about…

The Idea is a pretty valid one but in literal weeks? Days? People ( station owners) will just compete and drive the tax down to near zero lol.

people don’t own stations… that was cowrockets point…

OH i get the 2 mixed up so much. I am referring to upwell citadels sorry

structures… stations are strictly NPC… thats why citadels/upwells etc are called structures… to make the difference easily made when referencing either object in space.

1 Like

The sheer power of compression should mean it should be taxed. You can move 2-3bil in a miasmos.

Or consider that one unit of compressed veldspar is undeniably more useful than 100 veldspar. And there’s no cost for that benefit. No meaningful choice to not compress.

2 Likes

Taxation is theft reeeeee

Taxing Compression should of been a thing from the beginning.

I was surprised when I learned there was no fee to compress ore. Its very unlike Eve to provide such an important service for free.

Especially now since they are allowing moon goo to be compressed.

1 Like

Exactly. It means more materials being transported to a single area for consumption than spreading activities out like CCP say they want (but then do the opposite).

Edit- contrary to what @Lucas_Kell is saying, i consider more compression and a lack of tax a massive buff to Perimeter T2 refinery.

1 Like

I know they were at one point against compressing Moon Goo, but i guess after them screwing up this past year and a half… what are they drinking??

If that’s how it’s working, surely that’s what eve was made for.

I’m pro npc tax for hisec at least. The rest is something that can be fleshed out as part of a structure overhaul.

I hate access lists as they are. I’m currently favouring a binary ‘alliance only’ or ‘public’ choice.

as long as the station owner can set the tax rate and CCP not get another isk sink out of it, sounds reasonable to me

Maybe the solution is to restructure the station ownership and service model to make it so that there are diminishing returns or additional costs scaling up with the membership count.

The war ally system would need to go and war fees would need to be scaled with member count (but in a logical way instead of the thing CCP did a few years ago with their “pay-per-target” logic) as well to prevent dogpiling on attackers of alt holding corporations. Or just tax out-of-alliance station usage at nearly-NPC rates.

It’s funny to see how miners and producers suddenly don’t understand the concepts of business, cost and providing a service anymore when it suits them.

It was built to allow for such ‘business’ practices.

New player or not is irrelevant or an attempt ar ‘think of the children’.

that’s not being double taxed that’s being taxed once for two separate services.

I still can’t figure out why CCP removed the tax from compression it was originally supposed to be there but didn’t survive sisi. It had something to do with not being able to split compression and refining tax so they just decided it was easier not to have compression tax iirc

all this did was limit the amount of public structures not near trade hubs. Because no one is going to be refining there but they will happily use your free compression.

1 Like

What are the costs, besides the costs of wanting to own a station, which in no way should be passed on to other players?

1 Like

and perhaps a docking/undocking, repping and tethering tax as well then ?

If you don’t want people using it for simple compression, don’t have the reprocessing active, or restrict docking.
In other words, yes, POS’s have maintenance costs and not all greed is good.

1 Like