Computer Specs for Multi-boxing

My goal is to multi-box 12-14 Eve clients and am shopping for a new computer to do this.

Not concerned about graphics quality but very concerned about lag. I’ve tried multi-boxing with my current computer and get tremendous lag after 4 clients with the message “Not Responding” for various lengths of time on one or more client.

My local computer store (Lisbon, Portugal) wasn’t familiar with Eve Online, but went to Eve’s site and checked out the Recommended Requirements. They then proposed the build below:

PROCESSOR: I7 8700 1151 3.2 A 4.6G 12M 6C12T 65W BOX OEM
CPU COOLER: COOLER INTEL SKT 1151 ORIGINAL
MOTHERBOARD: B360M MORTAR, 4DDR4, HDMI/DVI-D/DP, M.2 PCIE
RAM: 32GB 2X16GB DDR4 2666 1X288 UDIMM CL 16 1.2V ADATA XPG
SSD: DISCO SSD SAMSUNG 250GB M2 PCIE 3.0 SERIES 960 EVO
HDD: HDD 3.5P WD BLUE 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA3 6GBPS
GPU: PGV MSI NVIDIA RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8GB GDDR6 PCIE3
CASE: MIDITOWER EUROTECH SLAYER RX21 GLASS SIDE
POWER SOURCE: FA ATX SEASONIC S12II 620W 48A (24A, 24A) 80P BRONZE

I’m not computer savvy, so would appreciate opinions as to their recommendation.

Many thanks in advance.

Mina

That computer seems more than sufficient.

With the graphics settings turned down, you should have no problem with that. If anything, that GPU is overkill unless you are trying to run multiple 4k monitors.

But first, did you try running some multibox software to manage the resources? Both ISBoxer and Eve-O Preview have the ability to minimize the CPU and GPU use of background clients. Unless you need them all open and fully responsive at all times, it goes a long way to stretching your system’s resources among multiple clients.

In fact, you might want to experiment with that on your current system first. I would suggest trying Eve-O Preview (it’s free!) and setting up the ‘Minimize inactive EVE clients’ feature to see how that works. Basically only the client in the foreground gets full resources and the CPU/GPU use of the background clients is throttled.

Also bear in mind that input broadcasting - using technology to send the same command simultaneously to multiple clients is a violation of the EULA and a bannable offense - each client needs to be controlled separately.

1 Like

hey @Mina_Upwell

this PC is MORE then enough to run 10 chars at the same time … 32GB is to much … we have no 64Bit client yet … its coming but i guess 8GB will be enough then too so you should be fine with 16GB

install EVE on the SSD

but … yea the PC sounds GREAT!!!

Many thanks for the replies!

My current computer has to be replaced - 10 years old, 32-bit, graphics card can’t run DX11, etc.

What I wanted to run by you folks is whether the proposed configuration would get the job done. A bit of overkill is fine as I’m sure I’ll be keeping the new one as long as I kept the old one.

Again, many thanks.

Mina

Rtx is so useless right now, but other than that, it’s a decent PC.

For eve, CPU is more important than graphics.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.