Concord Changes

The thing is, you wouldn’t trust a doctor who tells that to fix a broken leg, you need a year of psychotherapy, because healing your mind will heal your bone.

1 Like

■■■■ this noise Concord and low security space is fine the way it is we don’t need a ■■■■ it up

1 Like

This guy has some serious issues. Just look at his posting history.

1 Like

Nope looks like he is increasing them. Eight seconds in a 0.9 system is an increase form the current ~6 seconds. Same with a 0.8 system at 12 vs. the current 7 seconds.

Maybe.

And what evidence of this do you have. CCP Rise presented on ganking and its effect on new players and one of the findings was that <1% of players were ganked in their first 15 days. That alone surprised them as it was a common trope that new players are being ganked out of the game.

Of course the idea is rather laughable. How many players have anything of much value in their ships at 15 days or less of age? Not many. Ganking is generally a for profit business.

Once again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge of the game.

Indeed. If you are a station trader, do invention, move cargo around for ISK, do PI, mine, etc. there is no de novo ISK creation and thus no issue with inflation.

Also correct, and CCP has introduced something that can address this. PLEX. A new player buying PLEX with his CC and then selling it to an older rich player will help with that inequality. To what extent it works I don’t know. I would love it if CCP provided us with some analysis on this though…

What about the 0.5? I thought it was a little longer than that at present. Still, not very much different if at all.

While they did, they also didn’t say anything about eliminating people who never undocked or never got out of a rookie system from those stats, so that 1% figure wasn’t a very useful figure in those regards, since we have no idea how many of the 99% had quit before they ever entered an area where it was even possible to get ganked.
And considering CODE have run several ‘gank the ventures’ competitions, newbie ventures certainly do get ganked.

Not that I think it is likely to be a huge problem even then, but those figures and assumptions do miss some key points.

Thats because they are alpha state players, and if you gank them you violate the EULA and will get banned. Everyone knows you dont mess with the new players, the help chats, or the rookie channels or this (ban) will happen.

This is a BS statistic, like many that ccp tries to pedal (just like their “scamming is good for players and helps keeps retention up”). They are stats that are intended in modifying the way people think, because ccp does not have the gull to actually put money into fixing the game (which is why the population is dropping and has been since 2011 not to mention the hordes of problems in eve’s design, which is subjected to player abuse).

Ccp avoids these points or dispatches CSM goonies who dont know the shady truths about ccp’s practices to hide the truth, so ccp can save money on development resources.

That’s true, but the idea that the statistic is more than an order of magnitude given the number of players they selected I don’t think is very realistic. I’m going to guess that even if we controlled for these things we wouldn’t much difference.

Dude, the presentation was in 2015 before Alphas were even on the radar. Further, the anti-ganking rule for new players is in starter systems. Once a “new player” ventures out beyond the starter system he/she is fair game.

Nice example of motivated reasoning. “I don’t like the result, therefore I’ll simply dismiss it.” Well done.

Considering the recent changes to war decs you are simply talking out of your sphincter.

I see what your trying to do with your alt, not gona work.

My alt?

I think they think you are my alt actually.

Goddamn…now that’s funny. :rofl:

Oh ■■■■…did my replying this fast implicate us? :thinking:

It’s either we are alts or we both camp the forums on our computers and phones because we are bored… Can’t tell which

I’m finishing up a glass of scotch then off to bed…wait, am I your alt or you my alt?

Or are we all Chribba alts… and our lives an illusion.

2 Likes

Overall: no. What you’re proposing wouldn’t “push PVP into the belts”, it would simply allow for safer travel through losec. Well, at least it would until losec pirates adopted suicide ganking tactics just like their hisec bretheren already use. All your change would do is make losec more like hisec, which is the very last thing losec needs.

You made a claim, Scipio questioned it. Basic logic dictates that the burden of proof is on you in this instance. So unless you do actually provide some proof of having played since 2003, anyone who cares is perfectly justified in dismissing that claim out of hand. I’d suggest sticking to the merits of your ideas instead of trying (badly) to argue from a position of authority.

I have to applaud you, never before has one person been able to get so many players, who disagree with each so often, to agree with each other so many times.

8 Likes

I thought you’re my alt? :frowning:

1 Like

Putting this here as well, to make sure everyone is aware of the OP.

1 Like

Nitshe alt detected…

:wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.