CONCORD introduces the Dynamic Bounty System

So you don’t need to spread at all and trying to find a treasure trove of a system with a high multiplier and lots of anoms and signatures is not even a possibility. Sounds already like a typical Rattati feature.

4 Likes

You do have to spread out? because you get punished for excessive ratting in a single system, so if you don’t move somewhere else while that system goes back to it’s equilibrium, you’ll get worse bounties as the multiplier decreases…

But it’s just an equilibrium and not a good multiplier. It’s just normal and you don#t get any reward for the spread unless you welp some frigs into a smartbomber. That’s not a good system at all. That’s just lazy.

3 Likes

We don’t know how the pvp aspect will actually work, you’re making an assumption without information to back it up lol, for all we know it could scale and welping some t1 frigs to a smartbomber could do nothing.

4 Likes

That does not change the fact in any way that unused systems do not provide any positive reward to move into. There is nothing special about them, there is no additional reward for moving around into less uses pockets of your space.

1 Like

Other than the fact it won’t have diminished ratting bounties? You’re acting like people won’t gravitate towards systems with good multipliers, and those systems won’t have their multipliers drop. People will prefer a system with a neutral multiplier, than one that is negative. There shouldn’t be a reward for unused space, the point is to make you use that space.

3 Likes

you its pretty much forcing pvp. thank god i switched to a large mining alt spread and the abyss so i dont have to deal with that crap

2 Likes

THESE ARE NOT CONCLUSIONS. THESE ARE YOUR UNDERLYING PREMISES.

Next: what exactly does “High level of player combat and death” mean?

ie: is this ‘the ISK valuation of player losses must be large’, in which case, it’s vulnerable to market manipulation (I see price spikes on Auto Targeting Unit Is coming), or is it ‘the number of player ships blown up in the system must be high’, in which case, CORVETTE THUNDERDOME ON THE UNDOCK!!!

So… which is it?

In either case, the optimized solution for any large group is, of course, to insurance fraud their own stuff to one another in a system to maintain ratting values. How far up or down does the multiplier go?

12 Likes

You realize your mining alt spread or abyss running is still subject to PvP yes? you can get ganked coming out of an abyssal site, you can have your miners ganked. Moving from a system with a bad multiplier to one that is neutral or good isn’t necessarily going to force you to PvP, it just stops people from huddling into their backend -1.0 system.

People will pvp regardless of what you do, you can settle for nothings changed if you don’t want to pvp, you’ll just have to move around

That’s not a reward. That’s just the normal state. A reward is something that goes beyond the normal. It would be a system with a positive multiplier that someone could find and either use for ratting for themselves in a nomad-lifestyle, which potentially attracts attention from sov holders nearby, or use it for camping until locals find it and want to exploit it. That is a good system. Letting unused systems not become a treasure chest is lazy, pointless and unimaginative.

That’s probably Rattati’s stance as well and it only goes to show just how bad you and he are at designing good gameplay. With a system like I described it, systems in Outer Ring, Great Wildlands and other deserted null sec areas would turn into area of desire for locals. In the system of Rattati and you, it’s just the same old uselessness. Thanks for missing yet another chance to introduce some good gameplay. CCP already missed it with the failed rolling of ores into asteroid belts, they miss it again here. typical.

5 Likes

LXQ2-T should be a nice ratting system after the change.

3 Likes

Not for long. Once people start ratting there, it’ll crash.

another good change, good work CCP.

5 Likes

I’m not sure you’ve actually lived in NPC Null before, but ratting wasn’t the primary way we make isk out here. There isn’t enough anoms in a system to really benefit from increased bounties either way. This will apply more to SOV Null than NPC Null. Being rewarded for not using space wouldn’t have made places like Outer Ring, Syndicate, or Great Wildlands any better. We’ve adapted to the region and figured out how to make money without the need for anom ratting.

3 Likes

i run the abyss in back water systems where there is so little traffic and when it comes on to my mining best believe I have that ■■■■ on lock. losing a few miners isn’t all that anyways. even losing a few rorqual is like a droplet in a large pond to me. the issue for me is the fact of forced pvp where if there is no fighting your system doesn’t grow at all, I’m not even saying that it should gradually grow up to great levels like an active system with pvp if its left alone but it should go up even a little so that if an area is exhausted due to excessive ratting you can say he over there is unused and the the index hasn’t be troubled and you can move over there , kind of how like fisherman well fish, you over exhaust an area you either leave it or move somewhere where fish is abundant and rinse and repeat

I suspect they’ll do something like connecting the dead ship’s value to the multiplier change.

I have spent years in Syndicate, Curse and Stain. Thanks, I know what I am talking about. This is exactly why deserted regions like Great Wildlands or Outer Ring, which have next to no agent mission reach into the region, would benefit from an actual reward system in abandoned space. More people would come to the region if they find treasure troves there, which means more organic PVP instead of of this forced bovine waste that Rattati tries to implement from DUST. Judging by your messages, you have not lived there long enough to figure out ways to make ISK and to foster PVP. Maybe someone should teach you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ah, like the current bounty system? Yea it would be nice if this new Dynamic Bounty System doesn’t result in more extra value due to destruction, than a portion of the value lost in combat in that solar system.

You’re still missing it, those systems will not magically become treasure troves because the 1 anom will now have a 120% bounty pay out lol.

Thanks for the offer, but I’ve been doing mighty fine myself, there is plenty of organic pvp, and groups like Waffles, SOUND, FIGL, EVE Uni, etc provide plenty of good fights.
There are a substantial amount of good moons available in the area and all the locals have enough to keep their wallets full and the pvp flowing. Come by and visit :slight_smile:

That depends on whether or not CCP have learned anything in the last 17 years, about how quickly the playerbase will find and exploit any weakness they find.

Hopefully yes, realistically the chances of either scenario being the case are about even.

3 Likes