CONCORD introduces the Dynamic Bounty System

Less predictability is a good thing. Ratters will now become more migratory and the potential for conflict increased.

You are welcome.

I am as yet undecided about this.

I am the only one wondering how the hell does this work with sov multipliers -_-

Am I the only one thinking CCP staff have moved from BoB to Goons and are hoping that the Goons have done enough Krabbing to cover whatever the latest hair brianed idea.

I changed my mind I am decided another stupid idea like the nullsec blackout.

I expect there’ll also be some form of stacking penalty on the value for repeat deaths to the same person/in the same system/in a particular timeframe/etc.

EVE players might want this, “content creators” and “influencers” likely won’t if it reduces the number of hits on a twitch stream. Its sad so many would watch a muppet flying around in cheesy nano-fit panther blowing up ratters and miners. Maybe not every battle needs to be a Pyrrhic outcome, but its a damn sight better than watching a group of vikings kick lemmings off a cliff to make a video.

There was a video about curling, at some point the sport was plagued with people who just rammed each other’s shots out the the way, and whoever won was the team that went last. Eventually the rules changed, but for some it was not fast enough. It is shameful how long it took for the war declaration mechanic to change, and even more shameful how easy it is for criminals to game the crime watch and standings systems.

Tell that to all the people in Jita 4-4 doing project discovery.

That may be so out in the alaskan wilderness. In the so called ‘civilised’ part of Eve seems to be about how many catalysts are needed to pop a ship and still make a profit.

Wasn’t it Sutonia who said “What’s this, an autistic gate camp?”.

Do you know anyone who’s good at fundraising and might be willing to start a project to buy Eve online?

Well, the CSM, specifically Brisc, seemed to do a fair job of getting CCP to look at some spreadsheets that indicated war declarations maybe weren’t so good for the game after all. Now maybe its a bit much to expect CCP to look at this kind of data themselves, but it was nice to see a mechanic almost 15 years old get a pretty solid rebalance in under a 18 months?

So often its asked “CCP, do you even play eve?” or “The Devs don’t even play their own game” and then a statement like this comes along and its all the more sad. Yes, CCP playes EVE, though it seems those who do favour a considerably more toxic gameplay than the general community.

One thing is clear from the last couple of big changes is the CSM has told CCP and CCP has chosen not to listen. Go back the start of enosis mechanics and CCP was warned about troll enosis interceptors. It was as obvious as turd floating in a pool to everyone but CCP.

Naw, it has to be the Drone interfacing nerf after PL got their assess handed to them by a bunch of scrubs in Domnix’s.

That is a little misguided. A lot of 0.0 entities have an SRP that enables a large chunk of pilots to enjoy their gameplay without ever seeing what red cross/triangle looks like.

This is so true. What is even more disgusting is the drop was noticeable in spite of the logon propaganda and the sales that went on. It will be interesting to see where the numbers go once people are no longer stuck inside hiding from the COVID-5G Zombie Apocalypse.

Don’t see how this is going to stop renter alliances, it just makes the territory they have worth more.

No, the filaments are being used to avoid PvP when trapped by anything resembling a real threat.

Better make it so alpha accounts don’t contribute or it’ll just be a bunch of "Multiplier Alt [1-99] dying one after the other.

4 Likes

A) Because of CCP’s track record of being exactly that dumb.
B) Kill value includes the value of things in the cargo. Wanna see how fast all of null can agree on one particular player-produced commodity to manipulate into a stupidly-high market value?

7 Likes

Don’t Hate CCP. Pearl Abyss want us to buy more plex. That’s the most reason in all of this crazy updates in my opinion.

2 Likes

People keep blaming PA for basically everything CCP does, but as near as anyone can tell, PA’s been completely hands-off. And why shouldn’t they be? They’re not looking for CCP to maximize their revenue stream.

PA didn’t buy CCP because ‘OMG, these guys make bank!’ If CCP was making enough money for that scenario, they would’ve been the ones buying someone else. PA makes absolute bank, which is why they were looking for someplace to sock their money away.

That is why they bought CCP, and it’s why they can be so hands-off and not actually give a crap what CCP does, by and large. They didn’t buy CCP to make money, they bought CCP to hide money. Specifically, from the tax man. If they ever need that money back, they can sell CCP, or they can liquidate the company while transferring the IP to themselves, or they can just sell off the EVE IP and shut CCP down, whichever option brings them more scratch at the time.

But until then? Until that day comes, all they really want out of CCP is ‘don’t screw up so bad we can’t recoup our investment’. And that bar gets lower and lower as time passes, because the longer CCP manages to exist, the more valuable their IP becomes, all on its own, as an established IP.

PA doesn’t care if you buy more PLEX. They just want their little tax-hideout to not implode.

9 Likes

I see you are remembering the FW changes fiasco. What a time to be alive.

Nice one CCP. Another effort to increase PvP in game, and a nerf for the nullsec carebears.

1 Like

And many others.

so i have to rat in a system to bring index up to get better bounties. while at the same time if i rat in a system i make the bounties go down seems like maybe some more thought needs to be put into this devs.

You are forgetting that they are not actually in ships…which is what I was replying to.

Все это очень странно. CCP больше не занимается продвижением уже существующих игровых механик и не создаёт на их основе новые или дополнения к ним, а просто клепает какую то дичь пытаясь объяснить всем что так веселее.
Взглянем правде в глаза, сейчас копку и производство убили. Я к примеру учил когда то скилы чтобы самому копать и производить для своих сокорпов. CCP не желает вернуть деньги за обман? Скилы есть, а возможности их использовать больше нет.
И уж точно CCP стоит перестать через день пичкать нас бесплатными копиями чертежей, это сравнимо с подарком пары обуви безногому человеку (вещь полезная, но воспользоваться невозможно). За что они так с нами?
Дальше CCP решило убить крабство, то есть честному крабу на подписку станет сложнее собирать ириски, само собой игру наводнят боты, это будет как ответная реакция организма на воздействие из вне. На что надеется CCP неясно.
Хотели сделать больше PVP? Да не правда, не PVP они делают, а делают все чтобы крабов могли убивать все чаще, для этого и дрифтерки появились, и филаменты, теперь вот банкоматы в каждую систему. Если так будет продолжаться, то крабы уйдут, а боты останутся, и окажется что для того чтобы играть в EVE, тебе нужно будет 5 акков, 4 из которых должны трудиться на грядках, а 1 сможет позволить себе развлечения. Ну это же реально бред.

Так же мне непонятно почему они не исправляют свои провалы? Как вам корабли с цепной пушкой? Скажите классно же на них гонять сотню кикимор что вам подарила очередная дрифтерка где то рядом? CCP решили махнуть рукой на эти корабли и пошли придумывать банкоматы для нулей? Я так понимаю потом они доберутся до фарма в ВХ и саньши, ведь это тоже приносит деньги.

Почему они создают контент который через силу заставляет людей делать что то, а не наоборот вызывает желание к чему то стремится? Почему нельзя сделать такой краб контент чтобы нужен был флот в фите PVP и ему было бы необходимо постоянно передвигаться чтобы зарабатывать приличные суммы (аналог тех же экспедиций только длиннее и получить начало проще)? Почему не сделать сайты для капталов? Пусть летают по региону и в 4-6 человек пытаются что то пройти, в это время они могли бы нарваться и на PVP контент.

Раньше обновления вызывали интерес, помню как вышла апокрифа, как выходил доминион, сколько нового и интересного в игру они принесли, а что сейчас? А сейчас каждое обновление вызывает все большее отторжение и так раз за разом.
Понимая логику CCP, ясно что новые обновления принесут для нас только новые страдания. Когда они уже избавятся от того идиота который придумывает только нерфы да тупые механики и наймут кого то действительно полезного?

3 Likes

In english

This is all very strange. CCP no longer promotes existing game mechanics and does not create new ones or additions to them on their basis, but simply rivets some kind of game trying to explain to everyone what is more fun.
Let’s face it, now digging and production have been killed. For example, I once taught skills to dig myself and produce for my sokorpov. Is CCP unwilling to refund money for cheating? There are skills, but there is no more opportunity to use them.
And certainly CCP should stop feeding us free copies of blueprints every other day, it’s comparable to giving a pair of shoes to a legless person (a useful thing, but impossible to use). Why are they doing this to us?
Further, CCP decided to kill the crabbing, that is, it will become more difficult for an honest crab to subscribe to collect toffee, of course the game will be flooded with bots, it will be like a response of the body to external influences. What CCP is hoping for is unclear.
Want to do more PVP? Yes, it’s not true, they do not do PVP, but they do everything so that crabs can be killed more and more often, for this, drifters appeared, and filaments, now there are ATMs in each system. If this continues, the crabs will leave, and the bots will remain, and it turns out that in order to play EVE, you will need 5 accounts, 4 of which must work in the beds, and 1 will be able to afford entertainment. Well, this is really nonsense.

I also don’t understand why they don’t fix their failures? How do you like ships with a chain gun? Tell me it’s cool to drive a hundred kikimors on them, what did the next drifter give you somewhere nearby? CCP decided to give up on these ships and went to invent ATMs for zeros? I understand that later they will get to the farm in WX and Sanshi, because this also brings money.

Why do they create content that by force makes people do something, and not vice versa makes them want to do something? Why can’t you make such crab content so that you need a fleet in the PVP fit and it would need to constantly move around in order to earn decent amounts (analogous to the same expeditions are only longer and get started easier)? Why not make sites for capitalists? Let them fly around the region and 4-6 people try to pass something, at this time they could run into PVP content.

Previously, updates aroused interest, I remember how the apocrypha came out, how the dominion came out, how much new and interesting they brought to the game, and what now? And now every update is causing more and more rejection and so over and over again.
Understanding the logic behind CCP, it is clear that new updates will only bring new suffering for us. When will they get rid of that idiot who comes up with only nerfs and stupid mechanics and hire someone really useful?

5 Likes

I think, like most recent patches, it was intended as a screw Goons thing. But it misses the mark big time.

Yea. And you were crying after a week or two about only combat fleets in space. All elite pvpers are the same. All of you think that other players are there just to provide juicy (and never shooting back) targets for you.

So much talk about pvp when what you and CCP keeps pushing for is ganks. The second a pvp fleet shows up, all the elite pvpers run away.

4 Likes

I don’t think so. Even CCP has figured out by now that their aim for screwing us over is so bad that it always hurts someone else far more.
They just seem to be under delusion that EVE is some kind of no consequences FPS game. Alternatively, so entitled that they believe that function of majority of their players is to provide easy ganking targets for their reddit echo chamber of elite pvpers.
In either case their aim is so bad that they often screw over that same echo chamber, like what happened with blackout where cries about “only pvp fleets in space” were heard to the outer reaches of our solar system.

4 Likes

given how bloated eve (with super easy farming and prolific rorquals mining billions a week each) became in the time period between 2016-2019, it kinda was.

which is why ccp are taking steps to correct that problem now.

You mean like Goons pretty much do for their bread and butter lols?

The irony is outstanding.