Confessor - DED & Missions

Hi all,

I’m trained up to use a Confessor and my fitting skills are pretty good. I’d like to start using one for some PvE, maybe some DED sites and/or L2/3 missions? I know there are probably more optimal options, but I’d like something that can get around relatively quickly, and just have fun.

Anyway, here is my fit:

[Confessor, Confessor Fast Warp PvE]

'Refuge' Adaptive Nano Plating I
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Small Armor Repairer II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Tracking Computer II

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Standard S
Expanded Probe Launcher II
[Empty High slot]

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Small Capacitor Control Circuit II

Aurora S x1
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x1
Imperial Navy Standard S x1
Optimal Range Script x1

So this would be a glass cannon, more or less, with the ability to snipe at around 25-30k in sharpshooter mode (out to 50k+ with aurora). I would only activate the MWD when needed to gain distance, as I’d like to take advantage of the Confessor’s low sig radius. I have some doubts about certain modules I chose, and need some advice.

1. Cap Recharger - is there a better option to gain more cap stability?

2. Tracking Computer - is this worth using? If so, should I use optimal range or tracking script?

3. Heatsink - should I use 3x of these, or 2x and another plating or damage control?

4. Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer - I couldn’t get any Locus Coordinators to fit due to the increased turret powergrid usage, so I put these on there for enhanced travel speed. I know they bloom the sig radius a bit, but would this be a problem in practice? Any other better options here?

5. Armor Repairer - does it make a HUGE difference if I use a Coreli A-Type armor repairer? I’d rather not spend another 30 mil if the difference isn’t drastic.

I appreciate any comments or critiques. If anyone has a fit they’ve been using with success and doesn’t mind sharing it, that would be great too! :slight_smile:

Use AB not MWD…Sig tank like a boss…less cap usage…and still dictate range.

That looks a lot like the one I use for low end DEDs in high sec (and also to periodically run the SoE arc when I’m bored). To answer your specific questions:

1. Not really. I think I have a Dark Blood cap recharger but faction is about the only thing you can do as the rest of the fit is tight.
  2. Keep it. I usually load optimal and use longer range crystals to kite but carry both scripts as per usual.
  3. Three. Murder all the things and use range control to help mitigate damage. Consider swapping one or more out for faction when you feel you can afford it.
  4. HVOs are great. The faster you can cover territory the better. Other options include CCCs and SMCs to help with your cap life.
  5. I use a Coreli B-Type iirc. It makes enough of a difference for me.

I’ve won enough competed sites in high sec just but rushing the loot with a MWD in prop mode that I’d keep it. Obviously you pulse the damn thing to manage sig.

That’s almost exactly the same as what I use.

You can easily get it cap stable even with MWD if you rig with 2x CCC II + 1x CCC I

I think I may have actually poached some of your fit from a different thread :grinning:

I made some minor changes to make a fit with 2x Locus Coordinators, getting the optimal range to almost 40km without tracking computer! I’m not sure if losing the hyperspatials would be worth it:

[Confessor, Confessor Sniper PvE]

'Refuge' Adaptive Nano Plating I
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Small Armor Repairer II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Expanded Probe Launcher II
[Empty High slot]

Small Energy Locus Coordinator II
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Aurora S x1
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x1
Imperial Navy Standard S x1
Optimal Range Script x1

Quick question about tactics. What mode do you typically use when kiting a blob of NPCs? Defense mode for the lower sig and pick them off from optimal range, or sharpshooter to just gain more distance/damage?

Also, which crystals do you use most frequently? I know with Aurora I can just pick them off slowly from an obscene range, but at the same time it’ll take longer to kill. Multi has great damage, but with the decreased optimal I’m not sure which situations this is good for. Is Standard the typical “go-to” for most cases?

[Confessor, Blood/Sansha]

Coreli A-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink

Gistii A-Type 1MN Afterburner
Federation Navy Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, RSS Core Scanner Probe
Salvager II

Small Anti-Thermal Pump II

Aurora S x4
Gleam S x4
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x4
Optimal Range Script x1
Tracking Speed Script x1

Here is a fit similar to what I use for hisec exploration against Blood/Sansha rats, only difference from what I run is an A-Type Energized adaptive, this fit will save about a bil. Does 500 dps at 22 km and over 300 at 80 km with my skills/implants. Can complete any hi-sec combat site including Vigils/Watches. Have never lost a contest with it.

@Sarah_Olson that’s a pretty sweet fit, but unfortunately it’s way too blingy for me. I’m not able to drop 600 mil on a destroyer. However, it does look similar to the second fit I posted, so maybe I’ll try it with scaled down modules.

BTW - is that thing even close to cap stable?

Well there’s your problem…get out of highsec. It will be soooooo much more profitable to run the sites you wanna run somewhere like aridia or derilik or holden…much less competition and tons more sites to run. Its only scary till you learn how to avoid hunters…which is pretty damn easy tbh.

@Malisar It is quite expensive for a small ship, I know, but when you have so much money and nothing really to spend it on, why not bling it out. As for cap stability, I get 5 mins, 15 secs with everything running which is more than I have ever really needed. If you just pulse the repper every now and again, it is very much stable.

Your primary tank in this ship will be either a speed/sig combo, or just kite and use the awesome range of Aurora to snipe down the rat DPS. What I like to do is find a large, slow rat like a battlecruiser or battleship, even a cruiser will do, anchor a 20 km orbit around the rat with the AB on, and blap all the little stuff as it approaches. Orbiting with the AB around your anchor rat will mitigate most of the DPS coming from Cruiser sized rats and bigger, leaving only the small stuff with any real chance of doing much damage, and the small stuff dies really quickly anyway.

1 Like

I live on the Genesis-Aridia border but I use a Legion out there. The Confessor is just around for a change of pace once in awhile.

Sharpshooter. If you do it right you won’t get hit much so extra tank is not that useful.

@Destamon thanks for the advice!

@Sarah_Olson wow, you must have almost perfect skills. When I plug your fit into pyfa I get only about 410 DPS. Not to mention I’m about 3mw over on PG.

Just curious, what kind of implants do you use? Also, is it really only effective against Blood/Sansha, meaning it’s pretty much a waste on everything else?

@Malisar My skills are all level 5 relating to my fit, except Small Beam Laser Specialization which is 4. I have a full Genolution implant set, which makes the fit possible. Alternatively, and more cheaply, if you have sufficient fitting skills, a 3% powergrid implant will be enough.

EDIT: A lower powergrid afterburner can also be substituted for a fitting implant.

I’ve had no issues against Serpentis either. Just make sure to use thermal-heavy crystals against tanks ships (and especially the Phi Overseer).

For a while i’ve messed around with a tankier version, but i’m going to try out 3x heat sinks and see how it feels because of this. I’m not really into throwing 500mil into a 40mil hull, so I threw in a bunch of cheaper mods to adjust to where I want it to be.

[Confessor, sansha]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Core C-Type Armor EM Hardener
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer

Cap Recharger II
Coreli A-Type 1MN Afterburner
Cap Recharger II

Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Small Anti-Thermal Pump II
Small Auxiliary Thrusters II

I need either level 5 rigging skills, or lv4+ lv5 advanced weapon to hit the PG requirements, or I suppose a PG implant would do the trick, so I cut a Coordinator for Aux (cause im a speed whore?), unless something else sounds better? A regular probe launcher would reduce the price tag too. Just throwing this out there if anyone is having trouble with the PG requirements for double locus.

This cuts the price tag way down to under 200mil. If this performs comfortably for me, i’d swap a heat sink for a faction one, and then replace a recharger for a tracking computer, i’m just not sure how the 100 ehp/s repair fares against the 3/10 and 4/10 sites i run around in, but i’ll try it out and see what happens.

Hi foks,
this is my trustworthy and long time favorite ship in EVE (Astero excluded) :
[Confessor, Arc]

Small Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Small Armor Repairer II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Cap Recharger II
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Standard S
Salvager II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Small Energy Locus Coordinator I

With my skills - It requires a EG-602 PG implant, but overall the fit is dirt-cheap and so far - the most fun one I have ever flown.
Cap stable with everything on it is fully capable to do up to 4/10 in sansha space

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.