CONFIRMED BY CCP: As predicted, the new gates are functionally inevitable

The agency page for the new event makes it very clear that there is no ‘structured’ way to resist the new gates being added to the cluster. The event quests are only geared towards helping the Empires. This means that they only way to inhibit progress is through standard pvp tactics.

Here’s the problem…the people and groups practiced in such gameplay tend to be the same crowd that likes change for the sake of change. This isn’t a dynamic tug of war…it’s an inevitability that only rewards the side supporting the empires and the new gates.

Before you swoop in here with to make distinctions without differences that are utterly useless, spare me, I’m really not in the mood. Troll away if you must but I’m going to ignore it.

The event is absolute garbage, poorly designed and completely one sided. At least during the Trig Invasions CCP actually pretended there were two real sides.

15 Likes

CONFIRMED: Functionally inevitable

2 Likes

That’s not doing to load of rubbish justice in the slightest. It is a smack in the face of any player who was so stupid to believe in CCP’s words about sandbox and agency and emergent gameplay. It is an insult to anything CCP stood for in the past.

10 Likes

so more ways into null without border chokepoints?

How about a device that allows us to collapse bubbles?

2 Likes

Ahh the effects of a player council dominated by pvp and nullsec interests deciding on which high sec regions need new gates. Priceless.

So extremely bitter. So extremely angry.

5 Likes

Indeed, the game seems more and more targeted at PvP-only, max easy damage (removing stabs, for example) so people will start converting plex to cannon-fodder faster and faster.

Edit: typo

1 Like

No shortage of things to whine about in Eve is there.

I predict there will be something in the next patch/event to whine about too.

5 Likes

I am hardly a regular whiner either here, Facebook or even the pub. I do say however,that A) almost every recent change seems be aimed at maxing out profit for CCP and PA, not making the game any better or more fun, and B) that this is event was really, badly thought out. It’s senseless lore-wise, and scaled really bad given the amount of players trying to join.

But you’re also right: there is never a shortage of people whing about about other people’s complaints, however legitimate.

1 Like

is somebody forcing you to do the event? Is somebody forcing you to use these gates? is somebody forcing you to stay in these systems?

Of course not, and I ditched it, went AFK mining in Odebeinn. But I don’t see why people shouldn’t complain either.

1 Like

5 Likes

That’s called a gun, missiles or drones work too.

2 Likes

if you’re wondering why all these shitty changes are happening so frequently, it’s like they’re shovelling dirt back into the hole they dug to lower the coffin they completed nailing shut when soundwave left the game.

3 Likes

Not being forced to do an event is not a valid excuse for TRASH CONTENT. Your reply was about as useless as this event.

4 Likes

It’s spicing up the universe a bit, it has bearly changed in all its existence I would argue that its not big enough of a change would love for the whole universe to get flipped on its heads and everyone gets to figure out new strats.

Possibly, but the frequency of a complaint is hardly a judge of that complaint’s validity. People who complain about complaining are doing nothing but trying to silence people they don’t agree with. It’s a tired and true tactic for stifling debate.

1 Like

Dishonest argument. Event participation is not relevant to the outcome. Event participation is also not relevant to the design quality of the event.

A good meme, but mischaracterized and inapplicable.

2 Likes

I wasn’t planning on doing the event. As I learned about Solitude not wanting the gate, I really wasn’t going to do the event. As I learned Amarr was getting a Jita shortcut, I was 99% sure i wasn’t going to do the event. When i learned (kinda already knew based on dev time spent) that CCP was turning the event into a set of WOW style missions that Solitude, Dodixie, Hek, Rens and PVPers are getting bent over and Blessed Stain, Amarr, and Jita are getting Buffed again. Im fine in HS mining Plagio “Yelling at the Clouds”.

3 Likes

so will have a shortcut to jita close to my home …
i missed my caldari weaboo friends :smiley:
good job CCP

1 Like