CONFIRMED BY CCP: As predicted, the new gates are functionally inevitable

It will only be visible in the character portrait.

gates have impact on things that are not visible in the game.

eg trade streams, exploration routes, alternate ways, isolation of systems/constellations/regions. And for this last part I hate this change, because it makes some constellations (minmatar ones) less isolated, and at the same time less valuable for other non disclosed reasons.

Looking forward to renting out my own private sandbox, nod nod wink wink CCP. These gate changes really open up my area of empire space, quietly thrilled.

What hubrus maketh think a few eggers could steer the course of Empires

Lol the idea that its about the event being already predetermined is funny.

Its about getting you hungry for Mining Boosters

2 Likes

And tears and salt are, as always, free.

Salts CCP harvest itself are free.

3 Likes

At least no one is whining about walking in stations and stupidly priced monocles anymore. I miss those days.

Wasn’t that the time that CCP were great and didn’t spit in the face of their players? Or was it even before then?

I’m getting confused about when people were actually happy about anything CCP did.

man, is this true? all you get is clothes from the event?

I’m very happy about the indy and mining changes so far, since they serve to stimulate the economy and give access to newer indy minded players. Also, if the cloaking changes go in as advertised I like those too!

The point is, yes CCP can sometimes hit the mark. SOMETIMES.

Xeux said somewhere he’s sad CCP doesn’t get what makes their own game great. It’s starting to look more and more like that might be the case, at least in part.

1 Like

Welcome to how businesses operate, everything they do is to try and make as much money as possible, CCP hasn’t been trying to make a “fun” game for a very long time, they have always had investors to deal with, it just got worse when they were acquired as they are now entirely under the thumb of an overlord

1 Like

More gates is okay, can’t have too many of those in space. The event, blah… I gain more without participating. My time is worth more.

If ships could dial in and do a system to system warp/dead space/hyper space/hyperwarp/dimensional shift/go into 2 dimensional space to travel (Some of you will know this reference)/ludicrous speed like in every other genre, we would not need gates, and “hunting” with combat and deep space probes would separate the Chad PVPers from the virgin gate campers.

But noooooo. So we get to have this stupid argument instead.
Cue the “everything happens at gates” virgins.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.