Confused about hybrid weapons

The lower is the low sec status, the higher is value of the tag you get.

EMP, Fusion and phased plasma are the short range projectile ammo types.
The medium range(s) are very dependent on the ship bonuses.

ahh okay I think that is defiantly enough

I used a incursus, cheap fit, only about 800k ISK. the fit is like this:

[Incursus, cheap rat fit]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer I
Small ACM Compact Armor Repairer

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Cap Recharger I

Light Neutron Blaster I
Light Neutron Blaster I
Light Neutron Blaster I

Antimatter Charge S x720

oh no, so you should carry about a full antimatter, plutonium ad uranium?

I also trained mimatar frigates and projectile weapons, but never tried them I real combat. in the simulated rifter, the stats are overall inferior(maybe just because of my bad skills) to gallente and amarr ships I simulated.

Cheap is fine, but there’s definitely room for improvement there. First of all, don’t stack damage mods three-deep (except for very specialized setups, like for sniping). Two is fine, or one with a damage rig. You want to get a resistance mod in there. Maybe an energized multifrequency armor hardener (is that what they’re called these days?), or a reactive armor hardener (get its skill to at least level 4 ASAP). The middle and high slots seem fine. You definitely need to add rigs though, even if they’re cheap ones, like damage/RoF rigs (freeing up more lows for armor resist mods), although armor rigs are generally preferred.

Train for T2 guns ASAP, as that’s a massive payoff for a relatively small investment. Until then, upgrade the guns (and the rest of your gear) with named modules instead of pure T1. The cost is marginal, but the difference is tangible.

Generally speaking, no. Outside of railgun PvP setups where you might get kited at specific ranges and need to switch to the most optimal ammo at that range, with a blasterboat, you should be hugging the enemy. The only major consideration is tracking, so when you’re able to use Void S, which will be your primary ammo, also carry some regular (or navy) antimatter with you. I also carry Null (for PvP), although it’s rarely used.

1 Like

okay I need to train that. whats the skill name called?

okay I will do that, maybe ROF rigsas I dont expect my ship to survive if I got ganked. which accelerator increases hybrid firing rate again? thanks.

I am an alpha clone, I cant train those skills.

Resistance Phasing.

(Weapon Type) Collision Accelerator for damage and Burst Aerator for RoF. Don’t stack any single stat more than two-deep due to stacking penalties, except, as mentioned before, for very specific circumstances.

You can train for T2 small and even medium weapons as an Alpha.

ohh okay I thought all tech ii needed omega. thanks!

I will do exactly that.

Just to be clear, when I say stat, I actually mean “stat”, and not merely “module.” It doesn’t matter where the boost comes from; it will still be penalized (as long as it’s coming from a module of some sort - skills and implants don’t get penalized). So if you have two armor explosive hardeners, and add an armor explosive rig, you will be stacking three-deep. This even applies to command link leadership boosts. The weakest modules will receive the biggest penalties.

1 - 100% efficiency
2 - 87% efficiency
3 - 57% efficiency
4 - 28% efficiency
5 or more - don’t even bother

There are some very special caveats, however. Damage control and the reactive hardener don’t stack with all other resistance modules, but do stack with each other, so a particularly viable combination (at least for PvP) is 1x multifrequency energized membrane, 1x reactive hardener, and 1x damage control.

My throw-ins, in no particular order:
(I’ve been away this weekend and this is an interesting thread)

Stacking Penalties:

(in all the gory detail)

Hybrid Weapons: the ammunition type varies the range/damage much the same way that Frequency Crystals do in Energy turrets.
Projectile Weapons: the ammunition type varies the range/damage but can also change the damage type. The downside is the longer reloads which means there is an emphasis on the risk/cost/reward of getting the choice right for the target - changing ammunition mid-fight is costly.

The Incursus is better compared to the Punisher rather than the Executioner - the former are combat damage dealing ships with good defences, the Executioner is a tacking ship, the Gallente equivalent is the Atron.

To improve damage look through the Gunnery Skills, all those 3% and 5% per levels add up to “quite a lot”.

thanks! but what skills should I train other than small hybrid turrets? I am training surgical strike, rapid firing and the tracking skill now. I think that would help?

so its only half as efficient if I stack 3 heat sink/magnetif field stab, I will look at ways to improve it other than rigs. I had a few bad times where I accidentally put the wrong rig on my ship and had to destroy it.

edit: am I right to think that having a small active tank is better than a higher resistance buffer tank because it lasts longer?

The “Gunnery” skill itself also gives RoF. “Small ___ Specialization” gives damage to the applicable small T2 weapons, same for medium and large.

Just get all the gunnery support skills to 4 within the first 2 months of training or so. You should also remap your attributes, I would say 8 Perception/6 Intelligence for your first year (unless you want to do training maximization with the bonus remaps, which will get you to the end goal faster, but will require you to wait for certain things to finish before moving on to others, instead of being able to change your training path on the fly). Also get some +1/+2 implants ASAP.

So get used to not doing that. Filling in your slots isn’t “optional,” you’re literally using incomplete setups if you do.

Never use a buffer tank for PvE (with the exception of some shield setups).

For mission running (and generally for active tanks) you want high resistances - this reduces the amount of armour or shield head hit removes. As the booster/repairer replaces a fixed amount on each cycle it means it can keep up with more incoming fire, or you need to use it less often.

High resistances also help with buffer tanks, both in an absolute sense and if supported by logistics (effectively logistics is “active tank supported by someone else for you”). Generally: high resistances are a good thing. But be aware of stacking penalties when picking the modules to do this.

Armour tanks have a greater range of modules to choose from - the options often are personal preference in the speed/tank/firepower triangle.

okay I get it, lemme try to make a new incursus fit and try ratting with it. thanks!

Like I said, I run T2 Projectile weapons with both types of T2 Ammo, Hail is short range with high DPS and Barrage is long range with low DPS. I use Republic Fleet Phased Plasma because when compared to the T2 ammo, it’s range and DPS is in-between those two, thus it becomes medium range with medium DPS.

This is what I get in my Stiletto with 2x T2 125mm AC’s along with ship fit, skills, implants, etc.

Hail S = 120.1 DPS (Explosive) with 5,541 m Falloff range
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S = 93.7 DPS (Thermal) with 7,167 m Falloff range
Barrage S = 74.4 DPS (half Kinetic / Explosive) with 11 km Falloff range

Another reason I use RF Phased Plasma is it’s damage type is mostly Thermal which is on average a universal damage type to use.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.