Container Passwords

Hello and good day all, I have some questions about container passwords and configurating that.

1. Are the container passwords cap sensitive?
  2. Can you use symbols/characters in the password?
  3. Do you have to configure the container after setting the password to lock everyone out of it?
  4. Do you have to have a seperate password for Configuration Password or does the Set New Password set all the password for the container?

Why is there no videos or post about how to do this already? Any advice or information on this will be helpful! Thank you for your time and help.

Edit - New Questions
5. Why does the secure container not lock out the character that set the password?
6. These should be like safes, right? Were once it is locked, every time you want in it you need to enter the password!?

1 Like

Well, it’s been a long time since I messed with Secure Containers. The best way to know for sure is try it in-game on a Small Secure Container and then update this thread with the results.

Anyway, I’ll try to answer your questions as best as I can remember.

1. Are the container passwords cap sensitive?
    Not sure but I think they are.

2. Can you use symbols/characters in the password?
    Again, not sure but I think yes.

3. Do you have to configure the container after setting the password to lock everyone out of it?
    No, after setting the password and anchoring it, the container will be locked to anyone who tries to open it

4. Do you have to have a seperate password for Configuration Password or does the Set New Password set all the password for the container?
    Set new password should delete old passwords.

5. Why does the secure container not lock out the character that set the password?
    I think it’s probably a QoL thing, allowing you easy access to it as long as you remain on-grid with it within a specific distance.

6. These should be like safes, right? Were once it is locked, every time you want in it you need to enter the password!?
    Yeah, maybe the tumbler just needs to be spun for it to lock again, probably happens automatically when you leave the grid.

7. Why is there no videos or post about how to do this already?
    That’s a very good question. Guess you’re now elected to do it. :wink:

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter if you put a password, there is an option Inge to rest and unlock it if your ganked

What?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.