Copying Executables

image

Often i fire up the eve client, i select my character i want to log on with, that fails and then this comes up, takes a few minutes to get to the end then I can actually fire up the character, why is this message coming up and how (if indeed i can) prevent it.

Did you download the full client?

Laucher is bugged for some reason it wants a full install even though the game was playing

I’m certain they will fix it… eventually. All we need is patience and a bit of faith.

Inside the Eve Online folder ( be it in C:\EVE or %ProgramFIles%\Steam\steamapps\common\EVE Online ) there will be a series of is a app-1.x.x folders, I am suspicious this is the content deployed by the ‘copying executables’ step, but have not had the need to investigate in detail.

I suspect this would be why the client starts, realises its out of date and then tries to go again after unpacking the new binaries.

thanks all,

yes full client was already installed