Cormorant fittings

I have used a lot of fits excluding blasters, trying to get a good dps, but even with the largest guns and the magnetic field stabilizers, i only get around 69.5 dps. What am i doing wrong?

[Cormorant, Cormorant PVP]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Sensor Booster II
Sensor Booster II
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
Defender Launcher I

Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator II
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x1780
Caldari Navy Thorium Charge S x1000
Spike S x2000
Defender Missile I x10
Targeting Range Script x2
Scan Resolution Script x2

Is with rails and has 218 DPS with Antimatter.

–

[Cormorant, Cormorant PVP]

Sensor Booster II
Sensor Booster II

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Ancillary Current Router I

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x2060
Caldari Navy Thorium Charge S x1000
Spike S x2000
Defender Missile I x10
Targeting Range Script x2
Scan Resolution Script x2

is with blasters and has 385 DPS with Antimatter.

1 Like

Probably nothing. A railgun fitted Cormorant is a good ship.

Skills do add a lot to weapon performance, Small Hybrid Turret Skill is +5% per level, Sharpshooter is another 5% per level, Rapid Firing is another 4% per level, and they all all stack up - train them to Level IV and that’s a lot of bonus. It’s not uncommon for a new pilot to skip them in favour of “want bigger ship and bigger guns” - a tempting trap that leads to disappointment with your new shiny ship.

The ammunition you are loading makes a significant difference. There is a trade off between range and damage - long range ammunition, Iron, will give you about 40% of the damage of short range ammunition. But Iron will reach out to three times the range - enabling you to kill things before they get too close to you.

The Cormorant is much more a long range sniper - the bonuses suit railguns: one of the longest range weapons in the game. Caldari ships tend to be more optimised for fighting at range rather than close in, evading damage rather than trying to soak it up. A good ship.

4 Likes

Wow! Thanks. I’ll push them to eve and see how it turns out, im an alpha clone so im wondering if i am able to use all this stuuff?

Ive been able to sort out the ammo issue, so i always pack antimatter, uranium and tungsten, since the range of lock on the cormorant is about 40 km so i get a decent amount of range with the Gurista rats, and the arbalest launcher has good range with the correct missiles. Anyway, ill push these to eve and see what i get. Thanks!!

It’s worth training the Long Range Targeting skill: 5% increase per level. Getting another 6-8km or so on your lock distance enables you to clear things as the burn towards you. Signature Analysis is also useful for more quickly locking a target and target management to allow you to handle more targets (subject to the ship’s limits) - allowing you to queue more up to be served by the guns.
In missions and ratting the speed you can clear, especially small, ships off the field is important.

Happy hunting!

1 Like

I think ive trained Long range targeting to level two or three. After being a caldari ive realized how useful kiting the rats is before they get close, so i use railguns and a microwarpdrive to keep at the very edge of my targeting range(40 km) then I kill them before they even get close to deal any damage. Do you reccomend any other fits for a cormorant for good dps and a good range as well?

Don’t forget about T2 ammo.

As below:

Railgun Cormorant

[Cormorant, TES Chaff]

Damage Control II

Small C5-L Compact Shield Booster
Compact EM Shield Amplifier

150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
[Empty High slot]

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Thermal Shield Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard I

A rather thrown together sort of fitting that I use to rapid clear small stuff in high-sec space.
I’m getting 200dps at 20km or so with faction Antimatter - not that I normally carry it.
The shield resistances have been made for dealing with Amarrian space; so Blood Raiders and the need to handle EM/Thermal damage. Not that I give them the chance to get too close.
I probably wouldn’t bother with the Capacitor Safeguard rig again - but the fittings too tight for a weapons rig. A targeting range rig might be a good idea (at the cost of shields!).

I hope they arent too expensive. I am a noob but ive read a lot, and im trying to establish some fleet contacts just in case i may need some help. Thanks for the fits and the tips man, i appreciate! :slight_smile:
o7

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.