Cormy brawler pvp fit needed

hi all,

I’m looking for a cormorant PvP fit, most of the ones I’ve seen are a good few years old and what with all the recent changes I was wondering if there was a more up to date set up.

1 Like

I wouldn’t suggest either of the fits posted above… one of them doesn’t even have a prop mod, which imo is just crazy.

I can say I have had success with this fit in the past:

[Cormorant, PvP]

Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Medium Shield Extender II
5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II

75mm Gatling Rail II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Rocket

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II

Once you get within scram range try to maintain 8km-9km distance (burning straight in can mean death) and most everything melts. If you find yourself pointed switching ammo (Iridium) enables you to engage targets out to std point range without issues.

Good hunting! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

She wanted a brawler. It depends on where you use this brawler. In an FW Plex, where you are likely going to be scrammed right on the warp-in beacon of a plex, you don’t necessarily need a propulsion module.

thanks for the fit.

I’m returning back to eve after a 2-3 year break and so much has changed. don’t think I will jump into FW space as that didn’t go to plan and I realise I need to relearn PvP again.

so I’m thinking of low sec fights possibly use the corny as bait.

Not sure how you missed this, but the fit I provided is a brawler (I used it in FW space, but the MWD works in null too), unless you consider inside scram range not brawling? It just also has the benefit of being able to apply damage outside scram range (to chase off/kill things like pesky slicers).

And so you’re not intending to even attempt to get into range so you can use short range ammo and make use of the blasters? Without any prop mod anyone with a web will kill you (or get away) and anyone will a long point will kill you (eventually), it seriously limits what you can engage & kill (in any space).

The OP might also like to consider the KBs of the pilots who lost the fits you posted vs mine (may need to go back a few pages, but the fit still works) for additional detail on which may be better (i.e. what it can kill vs what it dies to).

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Cypr3ss

I modified your fit and put higher calibre rails on and switched the scram for a web as someone else provided the point and it really melted a Maller but it has only been one kill so I need to explore the fit more.

Thanks for the input guys

To me, small rails fall firmly into scram kite territory. A true brawler fit will have Neutron balsters a scram and a web.

The no-prop Corm is very niche but it does have it’s uses. Against most things that you’d want to fight while flying it and would have an AB, web, or both and try to pull range, if you do it right then they’re dead before they get the chance since a no-prop blaster Corm can dump something like 450-500 DPS.

example no-prop brawling Cormorant

[Cormorant, no-prop brawl]

Warp Scrambler II
Medium Shield Extender II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
[Empty High slot]

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I

With Void and heat it does ~500 DPS, with 3.8+1.6 km range, and with Null it gets 360 DPS hot at ~7.1+4.4 km. It still has about 7.7k EHP as well, so it turns a fight into a straightforward DPS race.

For more general use it’s definitely not as good because of that lack of a prop mod, but if you want to camp small FW plexes as a participant or rando neutral it’s pretty decent since you can just sit on the warpin and catch things that enter before then brawling them down with 500 DPS.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.