PvP fits for caldari assault ships and destroyers

It’s been many years since I have done any PvP. Past years I have only been trading very slowly. I have this new character which I will train Caldari for good old times sake.

I have good skills for Hawk and soon for Corax. After Caldari Destroyer V I will train small hybrid guns to V so I can use Harpy and Cormorant too.

What kind of fits are good for these four ships? Mostly T2, but migth use cheap faction mods too…

I’m assuming solo PvP, but you should really specify what kind of PvP you’re interested in when asking for fits.

Go to Zkillboard

Search for your ship of interest

Select the Solo filter

Look at the “Top Characters”

Check out some of their lossmails (preferably those preceded by a chain of killmails). I found this example from the current Top Character for the Harpy. It veers close to the MWD Shield Brawler fit found on the EVE University wiki page for the Harpy.

Check Youtube. You can sometimes find gems like this with both fit and commentary.

2 Likes

Also subscribe to the eveiseasy youtube channel and watch the Corax and Cormorant video.

1 Like

I would very strongly recommend you skill into T2 guns before worrying about T2 hulls, because you can use those T2 guns (and that sweet, sweet T2 ammo) on all ships, not just T2 hulls. For example, the longbow cormorant can shoot out to 100km but it really needs Spike to be able to do it. The T2 ammo is what really makes some fits work.

1 Like

kestrel is love kestrel is life.

corax is trash

1 Like

I’ll reply to myself: they all are pretty much of crap.

Sorry for the late reply but I overlooked this. Just to make sure, don’t put a 100 million mod, enchanted or not, on a 1 million boat.

[Hawk, Hawk v2a]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Damage Control II

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Dread Guristas Medium Shield Booster
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler

Rocket Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Rocket
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst II

Agency ‘Hardshell’ TB5 Dose II
Standard Blue Pill Booster
Standard Crash Booster

Scourge Rage Rocket x2000
Scourge Javelin Rocket x1000
Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket x1000
Navy Cap Booster 400 x21

============

This is my current fit for hawk. With the crash pill you will apply to frigates the same as if you used a web. Dual prop makes it useful for engaging or escaping while having some range control inside scram range. The t2 neut has 20% more range than compact making it viable to orbit at 6000m and slowly suck them dry. When you engage a scram ship or get a scram off on a mwd enemy then you can disable the MWD on your hawk (switch it off completely) and then be technically cap stable.

You have enough cpu that with a 1% implant for under 1 mil you can swap the DCU for a t2 ADC and run it like that if you really want however I find the ADC to be better for fleet fights and significantly less useful for protacted fights vs other AF or similar power level ships. More useful for face tanking high dps crap like algos, less useful for fights that drag out, the longer the fight goes the more damage you will take and eventually the DCU is better than the ADC.

How is the tank of this? what cant it out tank?

How long is a piece of string? It depends partly on your flying. If you can get anything using short range guns to 7km you will tank just about anything. For laser ships its marginally more complicated but there is a reason that laser vessels have limited mids. Between one thing and another this hawk is super strong but requires a bit of brain power.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.