COSMOS Sites Are Broken AF!

Ccp is aware of this but cosmos is simply too old to fix realistically.

1 Like

Unfortunately, COSMOS missions are somewhat legacy content and our tools to support them are a bit limited. Thus we are unable to issue any required mission items manually or reset the missions for you.

Unfortunately, our tools to help with COSMOS are indeed very limited and we are currently unable to fully assist with them, as my colleague mentioned.

COSMOS missions have always been known as one-time per character, so if the offer expired or the character failed the mission, there was no way to get it again.

I hope the developers clarify this in the future, initiate a reboot for COSMOS missions or instead merge them with existing mission levels, but there has been no information on such plans yet.

those were received from 3 different GM’s
best thing is to keep on CSM members like @Brisc_Rubal and @Mike_Azariah

There is very little chance that anything will be done with these anytime soon, for the reasons noted. This is ancient content, it’s hard to fix, and not really worth the resources.

1 Like

And by “hard to fix”, you mean it is beyond the abilities of the current developers to fix.

3 Likes

they recommended going to you guys, thats why i keep tagging you all… to kinda push CCP into either merging them with regular missions or something so they aren’t as broken as they are now.

They still plan on getting rid of it, but it may just have to be done by other means. Like a drone mechanic overhaul.

1 Like

The GMs recommend coming to us every time they get asked a question they can’t answer. These are very old, legacy code missions, and the amount of time it would take to fix them is not worth the resources they’d have to use - we get this all the time when trying to deal with very old parts of the game.

How about get CCP to announce that they are really broken, inform everyone that its coming with a blog to give people some heads up and have CCP just lock all the gates into the sites and remove the agents.
Then that way they are still in the game but not accessible and your not screwing with the code in a serious way?

LOL, you guys aren’t listening to me.

If it was that easy to just do that, they’d have done that by now. They’d have done it years ago. And asking these guys to do a Devblog is like pulling teeth. Again, this is just not something that is worth them spending much time on. Everybody knows these missions are busted, the minute somebody brings it up the entire community tells them they’re busted, etc.

Would you rather they divert six months of a dev team to pull these things out of the game, rather than working on new content or something that might impact more than a handful of folks?

1 Like

Sure why not. I’d personally rather the game be fixed, than them keep releasing new content and just sweeping the past mistakes under the carpet and pretend they don’t exist.

1 Like

I don’t know why you bother. I’d probably just be like the other CSM and never show my face here.

2 Likes

There are “other CSM” quietly doing great things for the player base without having to flash their ego. Just because someone is always front and center blarping for attention, doesn’t mean they are actually doing anything for you, the player.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Possibly, I wouldn’t know.

Still: dealing with the rabid drama idiocy of these forums spergs and, each and every time, create a well written reply with content takes more time than I would want to spend on it, especially given how busy I’d be with “quietly doing great things for the player base without having to flash their ego.”

Thanks! I’ll take that douchebaggery as a compliment I guess…

1 Like

Incompetence and dismissive attitude, that’s CCP in a nutshell.

4 Likes

Bit harsh.

Yep. I’m a harsh person.

One person’s harsh is other person’s truth, the thing is it is factual either way, which is pretty sad.

6 Likes

Like who?

1 Like

@Mike_Azariah for one.