Could we get a HotKey for mine repeatedly please

I don’t know about any other miner, but when I’m using drones I get real tired of having to right click and select mine repeatedly. is there anyway to give us the option of setting a hotkey for this please.

how often, per minute, do you have to click it? i remember drones that just continuously went back and forth, without me needing to repeatedly tell them to mine.

since my mining skill is so high I normally have to change roids ever 2-3 minutes (I put all 5 drones on one rock)

Here is straight away where you can gain some efficiency.

Lock up 6 rocks and assign 1 drone to each of 5.

Now your 2-3 minutes becomes 10-15 minutes between assigning drones to a new rock and when one is chewed through, you just then lock another rock so you can assign the next drone immediately.

No need for CCP to make the game easier.

4 Likes

can’t you just click on the rock and press “F” it seems to work for my drones every time.

4 Likes

This. Which in all honestly is a simple task to notice if you just right click one individual drone. I found that too with Salvaging drones.

If you have a hot key set up for engage target. The drones will mine repeatedly until the asteroid is depleted.

Do you mine in highsec? If you do, please tell me where! Thanks!

1 Like

Naughty boy!

1 Like

I’m not talking about having the drones start mining. I’m talking when the asteroid is depleted the drones just return to orbit. while if they deplete while using a mining laser you get “Asteroid Depleted” announcement. Id like to see that announcement added to when drones deplete an asteroid.

What? You never said anything about announcements the posts you made in the past month, you just want a hotkey for drones to start mining.

There’s already a way to do it and mining isn’t so stressful to the point you actually need a hotkey for individual drones. Lock the roids, right click drone, mine, select next roid, right click, mine, so on so forth. If you want a hotkey for that, sure I guess, if it really matters that much to spend even less time than you already do on the screen when mining.

Now as for the announcement, That is a completely different idea, and one I could definitely agree on for the mining drone users.

Sounds like you need a mining permit before you start worrying about a hotkey.

Let’s keep things here in the question at hand and take the permits ingame, find the guy, blow him up, whatever, just don’t start that here.

I’m afraid that this is very much directly related to mining permits as it seems you want to make it easier for you to mine while semi-afk or afk. Is this your intent?

If in the end it makes it easier for them, doesn’t it make it easier for you guys to teach them Not to do it, as well as an opportunity to test how resilient their personality is when under the pressure of having to purchase said permit?

This is a question about One thing, of course it is related with other things, but let’s keep it on topic with That thing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.