Criminals and gank failures

You guys are hilarious. You must have the mods in your pocket. The whole goal of SAFETY is to harass, troll, and demean people.

But i guess that’s ok. Me talking about? Not so much.

You’re all a bunch of cry babies.

I honestly feel sorry for people like you.

Can we get back to something interesting and relevant…

The guy who baited me in a Nereus, I had a look at his ship fit, as he got blapped himself. Whilst I understand what he is up to…when I created this fit I was puzzled.

The fit shows his shield recharging in just 46 seconds, quite impressive. But with 18,000 EHP he is vulnerable to alpha shots, and it seems that is what got him. What I don’t understand, though, is that the ‘shields’ part of the fitting says 480 hp/s…but that does not divide into his shield strength…which shows 9000 hp and a recharge time of 46 s

So where is the 480 hp/s coming from ? Is that the ‘actual’ shield recharge rate.

It seems that when I chided a Russian player for using gay as an insult and suggested more acceptable names to call them, I was defined as homophobic. It is all there in this thread. If anything shows just how completely deranged they are acting, this is it.

He has used 3 x T2 purger rigs and 5 faction shield relays to get a passive shield recharge of that amount. This is before resists by the way, so to get the actual recharge against the damage for example thermal take 480 / (1-0.2) = 600, against explosive 960, as in 480 / (1-0.5) = 960.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s an act.

But, the whole cancel culture and PC movement won’t last, it has no foundation.

Yes, but is his ship recharging just the 9000 shield points in 46 seconds…or, is it recharging at 480 hp/s ( which is what the fitting says ) which over 46 seconds is 22,000 or so, which would be closer to the stated 18,500 EHP.

I think to fully charge back to 100% from 0% would take 46 seconds, my understanding is that the 480 hp/s is the optimal recharge of the shield at the peak recharge rate, which is not always the same based on the state of the shield.

It has been a while since I looked at this but the shield recharge is different depend on the charge left on the shield.

Look at this

Go about half way down that and it will be explained.

1 Like

Another issue that puzzles me…no doubt you guys can answer…

I notice that despite being status -10, quite often Safety members do not appear flashy. I know that is the case when they are tethered at Eudama, but I have seen them ‘not flashy’ on numerous other occasions. For example yesterday I waited for them at the Isinokka/Oipo gate and Aiko passed through ( way too fast for me to even lock on )…and was not flashy at all during the few seconds at the gate.

Lag could be one explanation, but you may be using different tabs on your overview which may have different settings on -10 criminals, perhaps you have some of your settings where certain states over-ride other states.

Open overview settings, select Tab Presents and then States. It can get rather messy.

Check Appearance too, Colourtag and Background.

2 Likes

Hi CR. My understanding of ‘cancel culture’ is that it seeks to trash a person’s reputation, on the basis of (usually) one particular trait or deed.

Some anti-gankers do this when talking about gankers. Given your statement, above, I take it that you believe them to be wrong.

The shield recharge rate varies by how much shield you have, the greatest rate only being around 30%

Yes, like calling me a homophobe and the like?

This should be as limited as possible to in-game actions.

I think “criminal activity” is wrong. CONCORD thinks “criminal activity” is wrong.

Why is it so hard for people to grasp?

I was, to a certain extent, agreeing with you, CR. But I wished to probe the depth of your commitment to what you said.

I googled ‘phobia’, and the result indicates that it is a ‘fear of’ or ‘aversion to’ something. I don’t think the current use of the term ‘homophobe’ accurately reflects that definition.

I’ve seen enough of the world to have learned that human beings are never as simple as headlines or soundbites make them appear to be.

2 Likes

Criminal activity is part of the game…it is built into it. The problem I have is not a ‘moral’ one, but that its not like there’s just Robin Hood and his band of merry men…there’s more Robin Hoods in the game than one can count. Everyone and their dog wants to be a ganker. I’d rather be an opportunist lone wolf , maybe with a small band of others.

1 Like

Could he be loyalanon?

1 Like

Could he? No!

1 Like

I think the best part of that killmail was the final blow from a guy in a retriever.

1 Like

Looks like someone was salty about this post. Definitely wasn’t us though.

Don’t underestimate retrievers

Now that is an odd ship to gank with?

Can I define that as a gank failure, it looks like one to me? :stuck_out_tongue:

NB:

Newsflash. Ganker forum warfare unit successful in getting AG thread highlighting their failures closed down by spamming it with fake and over the top allegations. This adds to the list of notable success they have achieved over recent months with this strategy.

3 Likes