Criminals: Do You Have A Code?

Yes. I think plexing for injectors could become quite addictive, and take away a huge part of EVE ‘Waiting’ Online- the sense of learning to do while your character trains up and achieving something for yourself.

I don’t find it distasteful, but I have realised I find the idea of me, in my situation, plexing distasteful and I would get bored of the game.

I know no one asked and the thread has kind of gone sideways so hope the Op can excuse me but in fact my personal code of Plex and buying isk, that is working for me now, because the game could get boring for me without the long term goals and work in game to acquire stuff , is:

Can’t buy plex for cosmetic items, not clothes for my barbies as they are my way of saying I made isks trading look at my stuff, in a way my barbies’ clothes are a pew pew pvpers killmarks (look at my cheap top you can tell I’m only low middle class at the moment)-

Can’t buy plex for say a nice skin should I ever get a Cap ship or nice faction BS, or a marauder or something. But MY WIFE CAN BUY ME PLEX FOR A PRESENT AND GET ME A CARRIER OR SOMETHING FOR CHRISTMAS NEXT YEAR AND A NICE SKIN (I’m shouting so she can hear).

Can buy plex for EXTRACTORS to redistribute my skill points across chars, as they are my skillpoints and I actualy lose points in the process.

Can buy plex for MCT if need and don’t have isk, but would feel a bit dirty.

Can ignore the above rules and actually buy plex for hulls or for an in game project, as long as I am in a position to recoup the cost plus extra from the project, but would feel dirty and like I had failed somehow- OR RL commitments change and I have more RL money than eve time to play (nothing wrong with someone who works 60 hours a week buying plex when I’m currently working part time- if I buy it working part time with the privilege to play when I want to, then that feels dirty).

Can buy plex if there is an awesome deal like half price premium pack recently, but use plex in that case for subbing or mct.

NEVER buy plex while drunk or otherwise enhanced.

1 Like

Eye hav a cod. Its called "billehs cod."
Eye hav riten a massage bellow in mi cod sea if yoo can brake teh cod and bee an eef cod-master.

H4110 M1 N4M3 15 8177346432TTYY6TDXCGRXCGH GGDR HHYGF 4ND 386F FFDCGFXCVVFUK

I have 2 codes:

-The Code

-shoot, kill, pod, loot, get corpse

1 Like

No one wears pants when they play EVE!

…at least I don’t.

Interesting.

Some delusions to how EvE is or was missed the mark by a mile. When EvE was actually a cold and dark place, ransoms was how “Pirates” made their money. Because krabbing sucked and did not have time for it. And it was a general rule of all your big Pirate type corps it was either number one or two in the comandments. “Thou Shal honor ransoms”

it was very simple and had nothing to do with White Knights. It was a business model. Period.

But, other peeps were out on a rampage and killed whenever and how ever, and the poor pubbies could not tell the difference between a Pirate and a Ganker. So, sometime before all the big guys left the game, there was a “Special Snowflake” agenda to tell everyone to stop paying ransoms.

And it is was then easy from there on in… pop ship, pod you and scoop the loot. F’ck it.

White Knighting…HAHAHAHAHAH

1 Like

Agree in full, and ransoms are harder now but I still get plenty to pay so I don’t think it’s a dead art as such.

New Halaima Code of Conduct. The only code any law abiding citizen of eve should follow.

7 Likes

I believe any kill is a kill no matter if they ragequit the game after or not…, Ransoms will be killed for trusting anyone in eve in the first place. Everyone must die.

I not only have a code, I have The Code.

As do you all.

1 Like

2004 Pirate here. Just to shed some truth on the topic. The above quote is false. At least for me in 2004. I can’t speak for the first generations like m0o and so forth.

Ransoms did happen, but this was not our only source of income. To say it was is to say we always knew what was fitted and how much it was worth in the moment. This wasn’t always the case. Sure, people did ransom and even paid more than their worth because the time to recoup your losses was much harder back in the day then it is today. For example, it took awhile to replace a battleship. Now, people replace them in minutes if not seconds without blinking an eye.

As EVE pushed on, most started just killing than ransoming because god knows what they could really have hiding away in their hulls or have fitted. It was a trust and when you’re facing the end of a gun or a big freaking missile (Ravens ruled the skies back then), you would say anything to live.

The other thing, which holds true even today for me, ransoming takes time. Now with people popping cynos and dropping the freaking world on your head, there is really no time to open a convo. You kill, you loot and you move on.

What makes me sad is most of you just kill for the killmail and you leave the loot behind. It’s not even about the ISK anymore. It’s about bragging rights only. Sad times we fly in.

3 Likes

Indeed. Very sad times.

1 Like

The game is inundated with them it used to play well with the gaming crowd but times are changing and the dinosaurs in null are raging at the dropping numbers and blaming CCP for it. While backing high-sec griefing corps, forcing the new gaming generation to walk away briskly.

While I consider myself the complete 180 of a player criminal, and I myself have a code for dealing with criminal players, its simple.

1. A criminal is not honorable therefore cannot be trusted and anything they say cannot be trusted, so never negotiate at the point of a gun, give them the bird instead.

The New Halamia Code of Conduct?

Lies made by a mad man does not constitute truth, only the EULA needs to be obeyed, anything else is false and therefore sinful.

I only bother to ransom things like Freighter, Jump Freighter, and Orca pilots. Why? Because when incargo scan them, they often times are hauling way more than they should in one go.

So my mindset is that if I catch someone in one of those ships that whatever the outcome, I am very likely to not catch them again. I don’t care how the next persons interaction with them goes, so all I care about is leveraging their extreme neglect and greed to have them pay their way out of a grim situation.

When the deed is done, depending on how they react I am totally cool with explaining what happened, where they went wrong, and even providing tips on how to be better. I aim to be a ruthless space bastard and honoring ransoms doesn’t fit into that mold… so far I would say I’m living up to this persona pretty well.

1 Like

My only code in EvE is to be civil. All of the friends I have made in New Eden have been targets of some sort of aggression (be it in-pod or here on the forums) or onlookers to such aggression. But once the shooting stops, I’m always open to friendly conversation, whether it’s to teach newer players how to avoid/survive getting shot at by folks like me or just generally swapping war stories. Often times, my targets aren’t exactly open to pleasant conversation, and that’s fine too.

Part of being civil is honoring my word, be it to honor ransoms (which I don’t offer often), or to follow through on contracts (which I am no longer in a position to accept). Because at the end of the day, in a world of Internet spaceships your word is the only tangible commodity that you have.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.