Crimson Harvest 2018 - Event Feedback Thread

Good news is I was able to make over 1 billion off selling most of the accelerators I made!

Bad news is…I’m still sitting on 43 fresh Basic Cerebral Accelerator Blueprint Copies…current Jita prices means anyone who needs to buy component materials from the market and sell the accelerators will sell at a loss of 5 million per accelerator, meaning a loss of 25 million per BPC…

No one is legitimately selling or buying the Basic blueprint copies for any kind of worthwhile profit - not even 1 million per copy or a pack of copies if you can bring yourself to put that kind of a pricetag on them.

So right now, all of these are useless to me…

Maybe if we could still mine the ore, that’d make these things useful? XD

If you wanted to mine all 38560 Cthonic Attar out of a CHF, then there was a point to the proximity spawn. Also, if you wanted to kill the boss destroyer, since it only spawned with that wave, not the waves from killing the 3 silos.

Also, you can keep coming back and mining the entire site out as long as one toon stays there. So if you’re a solo miner, bring a friend, and if you have 2 toons, you’re set. Just don’t warp out of the site with both at once. I was mining with 3 skiffs, myself.

Obviously too late for this event, but good info for future reference for you or others.

Yes, Cold Iron skins are Blood Raider skins. In the 2nd year of Blood Raider halloween events (this was the 4th year), Cold Iron skins were the drops from the event sites for every t1/t2 Amarr ship (and also the t3dd Confessor… but not the t3c Legion, sadly… I think it’s the only Amarr ship without a Cold Iron skin as a result).

If your beacon was still up after someone cleared the rats that spawn from killing the 3 silos, then no one tripped the proximity spawn (4th spawn) at the far end of the room. to get all the ore on grid (and to kill the boss rat) you have to trip it. and once the wave that results dies, the beacon is gone. But you can still mine as long as you keep it open, as I said earlier.

You kill 1 boss per toon for 10 points, you kill 2 bosses for 20, you kill 3 bosses for 30, you kill 5 bosses for 40, and you kill 8 bosses for 50. If you don’t finish the chain by downtime, it resets to step 1.

Once you kill 8 bosses for 50, there’s a cooldown timer. I only did this once the entire event, the one day I grinded nothing but gauntlets (2 bosses per site vs. just 1 boss per site in the mining sites)… and for me it was long after I hit 1000 as well (ended up at 2550 x 3 toons in the end on Sunday night).

I tend to keep a ton of crap as well… when the Rorqual excavator drone was introduced, I sold my entire stash of 414 Elite Drone AIs from the 2 L4 security missions that drop them for billions and billions, was good day!

But for this? Well, I had like 2800, 1400, and 2400 of the first 3 data site components (by price)… the 4th (aka most expensive), Data Processor, I had 0 of. So it must only be from some specific high-level NS sites or something. Most of my data/relic hacking was years ago in HS, tho I’ve done a bit in NPC null and in WHs (but mostly the sleeper ones, not the pirate rat ones). So… very, very interesting.

I ended up buying 500 data processors in Jita (much cheaper there than Amarr at the start of the event, thankfully) and took 500 of each of the other 3 out of my stash, got 500 of each of the 2 PI P3 mats… and set them all up at a place to manufacture accels once I got enough BPCs and ore.

I’ve only used about 50 each of the materials so far… from making only advanced and standards for my own use (used all 7 of my advanced BPCs and 19 of my 26 standard BPCs so far… oh, and my 1 extended BPC and already put it up for sale after producing it). I probably have more than enough standards to keep me accelerated until November 26th when I’ll use my three extendeds from the agency points rewards.

So the real question is, do I want to finish making all the standards, start making some basics… and sell all these excess standards and basics on the market. It would help if I knew if this ore and these new minerals from it would be useful in future event/acceleration production endeavors, as I believe was hinted at somewhere.

3 Likes

I did a bit less site running and grinding than I usually do for an event, but I ended up with…

105 basic accel BPCs. jesus.
26 standard accel BPCs.
7 advanced accel BPCs. ;_; (so low… already used up all 14 of 'em across 3 toons, back to standards now)
1 extended accel BPC. (got 3 from the agency points, so selling this one at market atm)
+
36 Cold Iron skins (already collected 5 sets of 'em in the first Blood Raider event that dropped 'em, so just bonus skins for me to sell or hold onto to sell years from now).
2 Dark Blood Warp Scrams
1 Dark Blood Warp Disruptor
1 Dark Blood Medium Armor Rep
~20 other Dark Blood mods much cheaper than the above, incl PDS or RCU or something, ANP, and many many armor hardeners/platings/whatever. no EANM, tho. and no Dark Blood web, which I would have been most likely to actually use on a ship sooner than anything else. No, I didn’t get to play during the loooooot fiesta the first day, but most of the good drops I got were from 2-3 days later when they’d readjusting things (a bit) upwards… then the good faction drops stopped entirely, interestingly.

Speaking of which, most of my advanced BPCs came within a few days of each other on the first weekend of the event… I got the extended in the last few days of the event, but hadn’t had an advanced in days and days.

I would have turned the basic rate WAY down (it’s not even worth making most of them) and maybe reduced it from a 5-run BPC to 3-run (who’s going to waste the ore/minerals and PI/data site parts to make all those basics?!)… I would have kept the standard 3-run BPC where it was. I would have made the advanced BPC 3-run instead of 2-run and make it drop a BIT more. And I guess the extended BPC is fine being super-rare, but… 1-run? come on. make that 3-run as well. Standardize all 4 BPCs to 3-runs for consistency’s sake.

But overall a good event. I liked both sites. I hit 1000 points after 4-5 days of running sites, I think? The variety because of the site differences was good. Being able to swap from 3 Ishtars to run combat sites and/or clear out a mining site for mining… to 3 Skiffs to mine for awhile (either dumping as I filled or else jetcanning/creative MTUing to get the whole site mined out in 1.25 hours or so and coming back in haulers to pick it all up)… woulda used an Orca on my booster toon but my mining Orca is in a WH atm, ah well.

3 Likes

Having not read the whole thread (ahem), I just wanted to say that this is the first event that I actually enjoyed, and enjoyed quite a bit. I’m primarily into industry and only recently expanding into combat. Imagine my squee when I found out that (a) I can run the combat portion of these Harvest sites even with my crummy T1 drone cruiser, but then (b) my industry skills make the mining/crafting portion really worthwhile.

So I just wanted to thank CCP for coming up with an event that’s balanced enough to engage a broader variety of play styles, and I hope this sort of thing continues to be a feature in upcoming events.

4 Likes

my personal appreciation was

• mining and combat were mixed and available.
  • different approach for both sites, also different approaches in each site. kill or not the optional waves ?
  • fast respawn of sites made it interesting to time the completion of one site and do the other one.
  • the real loot of this event was the combat boosters.
  • the rats were in enough number, had a correct strength, yet were not OP like the sleepers (remembers those scrams+neut+web ? I do), and allowed people to make different strategies.
  • the boss were very distinctive : BC and DS were boss, no issue with that. that’s a good thing.
  • the change of atmosphere wen warping in is nice. Actually, the whole harvester site is nice.

No concerning the issues

• too bad there was no exploration required. Next time make the mining sites require probes please.
  • missing the drifter AB-running 1200 m/s boss that scrams you defensively. Too bad because the frigs did go at that speed, although with mwd. would have been fun to have the BC or DS go at that speed and web +neut you correctly :slight_smile:
  • the loot on the first day was unforgivable mistake. Seriously. made 1B in 2h. WTF ?
  • the basic BPc required too much materials. please make them scale basic material requirement as per provided SP : basic=6, standard=10, advanced=12, and extended=30
  • make the required ore be a specific type. something that is not mined often. common moon ore ? omber ?
1 Like

I see it differently. There was exploration required eg for materials to build accelerators.

The final BPcs were published on SiSi a week before the event started. In that time, I flew around 4/5 regions looking for these materials. One in particular could not be had, at any price, in any market. The only way to get it in advance was to explore for it, and only in Minmatar space.

These sites did not “require” probes, but I was probed in cleared sites at least three times. Once by a cruiser who then changed into a mining vessel and came into the site looking for a boost. Second time by an mtu hunter. Third time by someone almost certainly chasing my augmented drones. So, there was a lot of exploration opportunities … for those who chose to use them.

I wish people would stop harping on about this. All any of the players on the event chat did at the time was complain about how good the loot was. And then the same people started complaining immediately it was nerfed. I cleared and mined two sites in those first 4/5 hours. Once you ignored the fireworks it was debatable if my loot return broke 100+ M. And I could never clear a gauntlet solo so was not able to do anythting about it.
Yes, a mistake was made. But the return was relative to a few. Just move on.

Again, I see it differently. I made and sold 15 basic units in the first 1/2 days. Opportunity cost to sell all of the materials used in these (including tricarboxyl @300k each) was about 14.5M. Instead, I sold these units @18M each. There was nothing wrong with the material balance, it was the player market that unbalanced it all.
The market eventually priced the basics at a 5M loss each if you tried to make them. You are complaining to the wrong people about the wrong thing. Plus, nothing in EvE scales linerally. You ALWAYS pay more for less via a diminishing returns algorithm.

Why? This would have been completely inconsistent with the rest of the lore introduced with this event. Just look at the forum posts here on death glow, blood raiders etc to get a sense of how important this type of gameplay is to EvE’s role players. Using common ore would not have worked with the death glow story.

1 Like

I disagree, we need to stress that, because the issue was on SiSi and reported 2 weeks before it was copied over to TQ. Messing in such a way with the ingame market is a serious thing.

Again it clearly showed that no quality testing is happening once a feature is on SiSi and player feedback there is ignored, and this is bad.

2 Likes

No, there was not exploration required for the event.
CCP already made events that required a probe for some sites, and I say it was good.

BTW I had all the items I needed to make … dunno, 100 accelerators ? without the need to purchase anything but PI and the mineral on the market.

I was not, 3 jumps from jita, noticed a single individual warping to me while I have mined at least 10 sites completely. I was using covetors and augmented drones on my orca, plus a MTU to gather the wrecks and loot.

I wish you stopped asking people to stop.
This issue is very serious about the way the test server works. It is supposed to avoid exactly what happened. The issue was not from people not reporting bugs.

The fact people complain when it is over looting, does not remove them the right to complain when it is under looting.

is a lie.

The market adapted to the drop rate and the building requirements. The building requirement and the drop rate were too high. This means that the “basic” bpc were completely useless as people should instead use the materials for “advanced” bpc.

To have the reprocess and the mining make sense. -.-

This ignoring of feedback is an assumption. As is the opinion, posted subsequently by an ISD, that the SiSi occurrence was actually deliberate, in order to prove that all possible drops did occur. What happened subsequently was that someone forgot to apply the loot tables (dial back the probabilities) of these drops actually occurring on TQ. If that opinion is close to factual, then what happened on SiSi was meant to happen.

Me too … except 1 mat. Plus the mineral, which I mined instead of buying. The only way for me to get that item, both in advance and specifically for the event, was to explore for it.

As noted in separate post, the event on SiSi might not have been testing what you assume it was ie it is proposed that they were testing the functioning of drops on a 0/1 basis, not the proportionality of those drops on either a proportional or RNG basis. Whether that is true or not I do not know. Do you?

And your reasoned argument is what exactly?

But nobody cares about that. The test server is made so we can TEST things and FIND ISSUES - and report them.

Dude if you can’t understand that, just leave already.

You are already having a hard time understanding that the TEST SERVER is here for people to TEST, and thus for CCP to FIX BUGS, thus I think you can’t understand something more complex.

While that is a nice theory, it fails in practice because it would require testing against an RNG. the sensible way to test that is either unit testing or setting the drop probability to 100% to see if everything drops.

I have no clue if CCP publishes “patch notes” for the test server (it’s been some 10 years since I was last on Sisi) but if that was deliberate loot table setup, it should have been noted on the patch notes so people don’t report it as a bug.

Either way CCP screwed up.

It’s an observation. A lot of the major issues and bugs happened on TQ in the last years on patch day were reported on SiSi before.

1 Like

And even if it was the only one, this still means there is something wrong in CCP way of handling the information from players.

Interesting… just out of curiosity, mind telling us which system you were in when you got scanned down and warped in on? If not, that’s cool (could also just say kinda generally where if you don’t want to be too specific).

Personally, I did combat sites in a series of semi-quiet systems in Domain, mostly within 6-10 jumps from Amarr (I usually hunt for event sites all over Amarr space, from Domain to Tash-Murkon to Khanid to Kor-Azor and so forth, but this event had such quick-respawning sites + both sites in every system so I really didn’t feel the need to roam very far)… but I did all my mining in one system (Ashab), which has been my current base in HS as of the past couple of years. And I didn’t want to have to haul ore multiple jumps, so I just refrained from mining anywhere else, only killing rats/looting/salvaging in either type of site in any other system.

Then just dumped all ore/minerals at the Ashab trade hub Sotiyo and did all my refining and manufacturing there for convenience. Worked well, was happy with it… but anyway, my point being was that I never got combat probed down even though Ashab is smack dab in between Amarr and Mad/Niarja gank pipe, so… just surprised.

And I’ve been combat probed in L4 missions in Ashab and while running (non-suspect) abyssal deadspace sites before, so I was surprised it didn’t happen, really. I’m wondering if you were even closer to Jita than @Anderson_Geten’s 3-jumps from Jita location.

BTW I also was ganked when moon mining in a retriever in this system.

Maybe the gankers were mining too, dunno.

Gotta build them catalysts and thrashers and taloses and brutixes and tornados somehow, I guess. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.