Crimson Harvest 2022

I’m having such a frustrating time myself, worse than usual, and I typically enjoy these events.

Not this time.

Once again, the mistake has been made regarding forcing players to choose a faction, then having points count only if the opposition’s site is processed, which means doubling the amount of time required to complete the event, especially if you constantly keep finding sites for your faction.

In my roam throughout my choice regions, in 2 days, I’ve processed 1 combat site, found another that was taken, and hacked 3 data sites for my current faction, not my target faction, which means I got no points. In the end, the drops were lackluster.

Yes, it’s high-sec. Yes, the event is designed to force players into null-sec to encourage PVP and competition, but for me, I won’t do that - I know my limits, but I am no fan of having my time wasted. I have more important things to do or bigger fish to fry rather than go jump after jump and find literally nothing.

Especially over an event that encourages PVP by having your loot drop rate spiked to 90%, wherein you need something big and powerful to actually survive the combat sites. So you turn yourself into a big fat target by design.

I hate to say it, but I don’t see me participating in the rest of this event or future events if the deck is stacked so severely against the event runner and the time required is so astronomical as to make me look at my clock every time my search turns fruitless and say “Wow, I really am wasting my time.”

How To Fix It:

• Increase the frequency of sites - everywhere - heavily. This is not a time for scarcity. Players are human. We don’t have the time in our lives right now to spend hours at our computers finding nothing and gaining nothing when we could be doing something more productive, especially in EVE. If you want players to play the event, they need to be able to have access to the event sites.
  • Negate faction choice. The lack of frequency of sites is bad enough. Creating a system wherein the event points are earned only if sites for a particular faction are completed increased the amount of time required to actually earn all of the points for the event when you find yourself finding the wrong faction’s sites.
7 Likes