All of the solo studios are now sold out. If you are cruising alone and wanting someone to share a cabin with, hop into our Discord (linked just above) and ask around, there are several looking to share!
I would dearly love to go, Greygal, but travel at that scale is just not an option for me.
Rates for cabins have changed, as of January 1, 2019. They’ve actually changed a bit every month, but this month they changed quite a bit, being within 60 days of the pay-by date.
Most of the lower tier/cost cabins have gone up by between $100-$300 per person, while most of the higher tier/cost cabins have stayed about the same or gone slightly down (Haven has gone down a lot, while mini suites are about $100 cheaper than they were).
Friendly reminder! You need to reserve (and pay) for your cabin by March 1st, 2019, in order to be guaranteed that you will receive the above-listed group bonuses and other group stuff.
If you book so late you are not considered part of the group booking, I’ll do what I can to ensure you still get T-shirt, dinner, etc., but again, I can’t guarantee it, especially if your booking is well past the time when I’ve confirmed the group dinner, ordered the T-shirts, etc. Get in touch with me if you’re going to be booking past (especially long past) March 1st, 2019, and let me know what’s up so I can do what I can to make it work
You CAN reserve and pay for a cabin after March 1st, 2019, however, you might not get all the group bonuses, rebates, Tshirt, etc.
FYI: I’ll be ordering the T-shirts in early to mid May. I’ve had a number of requests asking if it is possible to buy just the T-shirt. This should be possible, depending upon costs and hassle/time factor, etc. If its something I will be able to do and follow up on, I’ll set up a form for people who are NOT going on the cruise to be able to buy/order a T-shirt a couple of weeks before I order the T-shirts, probably late April to early May.
Currently, as of January 14:
- NO Solo Studios left
- VERY FEW inside cabins left (now for two people, rate is now $4,304.82 total w/all taxes/etc. - about $2152.41 per person)
- VERY FEW balcony cabins left (now for two people, rate is now $5,624.82 total w/all taxes/etc. - about $2812.41 per person)
- FOUR oceanview rooms are left (now $5,564.82 total for two people w/all taxes/etc. For another $100, you can get a balcony (bigger room/higher deck))
The $50.00 has been renewed yet again, and is currently only guaranteed through January 22, so call and reserve NOW!
As always, prices are subject to change!
As to joining the cruise and/or leaving the cruise in a port other than Seattle, I was told: “Everyone must initially board in Seattle, however, they can end the cruise at any of the stops. So if someone wanted to leave the cruise in Ketchikan, for example, that’s not a problem, just check out and disembark.” As to whether or not leaving the cruise early would result in lower cost, he was unable to answer me specifically for this cruise, but stated that in general, leaving early is not lower cost, due to not being able to rebook that same cabin with someone else.
We can reserve meeting space at no additional cost! If we need AV equipment (projectors, etc.) they do have “nominal” rental fees for that equipment. Availability, scheduling, costs, etc., will be available after the pay-by date (March 1).
I’m not sure you mentioned it, can I book online?
I mentioned it twice teasing Granted, I have a LOT of words up there!
Short answer is no. If you do book online, you won’t get the group bonuses etc.
To book a cabin, you MUST call our Cruise Specialist, and book directly with him.
- Our Cruise Specialist is Vijay Pradeep (pronounced “Vee Jay”)
- His DIRECT PHONE NUMBER is: 1-954-514-4422
- OUR GROUP NUMBER IS 780182
- He is available Monday-Thursday 10am-7pm, Friday 9am-6pm (Eastern Time Zone)
- If you get voice mail, leave your name, phone number, and our group number, and he’ll call you back. (He’s always called me back same day or next.)
- If you cannot reach him by phone for some reason, or an international phone call is going to cost you, contact me with your information and I’ll contact Vijay and make the reservation for you.
- When you call to book your cabin, you will need our group number, your name, address, date of birth, and credit/debit card number to make your deposit (currently $50, through at least January 22nd, 2019). He will provide you with confirmation number, and if you are not already a member of the Latitudes club, let him know and he’ll get you set up with a Latitudes member number.
As of January 17th, ONLY 2 of the “spa balcony” are left. I’m not sure if that’s the “spa balcony suite” cabin or the “spa balcony” cabin, but either way, there’s only 2 of them left
January 24 Update: Of the few balcony cabins left, our cruise guy Vijay was able to put aside five of the balcony cabins into our group block at a small savings of $5,592.82 total w/all taxes, port fees, etc., for two people (that’s about $2,796.41 per person) … it’s a small savings of about $100 over the current best rate. There’s only five of these available right now, however!
YES, you can reserve a cabin after March 1st! Payment in full is required at time of reservation, however. You will still get your choice of group bonuses (unlimited alcohol, etc.)
Please be aware I’ll be ordering our embroidered polo shirts on May 20, 2019. If you reserve after May 20th, I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to get you a shirt in time for the cruise. (You’ll still get one, but I may have to get it to you after the cruise). ONLY people who are going on the cruise will be able to get one of these fabulous embroidered polos!
Quite a few people have asked if they can get a tshirt even if they aren’t going on the cruise. I’ll have tshirts (screen-printed tshirt, not embroidered polo) available Soon™ - will probably make those available as part of a fundraiser, more info Soon™!
FYI a block of six solo studio cabins has opened up, they are $2,961 with all taxes/port fees/gratuities/etc. All six are on Deck 12, if you know anyone who is wanting one of the solo studios let them know to call Vijay. Still $50 deposit until end of month (granted would need to be paid in full by March 2nd still)!
UPDATE MARCH 2, 2019:
YES! You can still book a cabin and join this cruise! As we are now within the 120-days of sailing date, however, you will have to pay in full at time of booking. You still will receive all our group bonuses, T-shirt and loot, etc.
I have removed most of the detailed cost information listed above, and removed the info that only applied before March 2nd, because costs and availability are now fluctuating a LOT. Many cabin types are sold out or very few are available. For the latest information on cabin availability and cost, please call our group specialist, Vijay (His direct phone number is: 1-954-514-4422 and our group number is 780182.
As a guideline you can check the prices per person listed here for our sailing date (June 30th-July 7th) - the price you will be quoted by Vijay will be this price or a bit lower. https://www.ncl.com/cruises/7-day-awe-of-alaska-inside-passage-and-glacier-bay-from-seattle-BLISS7SEAJNUSGYKTNVICSEA
I’ll have the details regarding the undock party in Seattle on June 29th finalized in mid-March.
Questions? Join our Discord channel https://discord.gg/vWKySx5
Cool SWAG - free
Alaska - $$
Undock Party - free
Go karts on the cruise ship - $12
Laser tag on the cruise ship - $12
Spending time with fellow eve nerds - priceless
We’ll be having a meetup/undock party in Seattle on June 29th, 2019 at the Crab Pot restaurant - all Eve players are invited to join in the fun! Food, swag, loot, and giggles guaranteed!
Full details and ticket/meal prices: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/eveonline-seattle-meetupcruisers-of-eve-undock-party-tickets-61983064013
A vegetarian option will be added on Monday or Tuesday.
Questions, just ask!
I guess I get to be the first to congratulate GG on a successful first run of a rather different kind of EVE meet-up!
I’d like to thank the 32 players/friends/family of EVE for being very welcoming to a virtual unknown and making a rather out-of-character vacation a memorable and very positive experience.
I was pretty hesitant going in for a number of reasons, but among the EVE-related highlights (Alaska itself is obviously a highlight):
- the Crab Pot dinner was the first time I met an active EVE player
- I met 2 of the FCs I’ve flown with.
- getting to talk to a good friend in-game face-to-face
- crafting on the observation deck
- my first experience with pen-and-paper role-playing
- having people see the name badge and ask me about the group, so I get to explain EVE to them.
- discovering that my EVE meet occupation is “stray”, because everyone adopted me for a time
- getting my butt whipped at Cards Against Humanity by one of the elder stateswomen of the cruise
There are more, but it doesn’t happen at all without Greygal, so we all owe her a big thank you!!