Devblog: EVE Invasion World Tour: Round Seven - EVE Vegas 2019!

Check out this devblog for all the latest details on EVE Vegas 2019, including the full schedule and details on all the additional activities!

Read all about it here!

5 Likes

I’ll be there. Hope to ask you a few questions in person.

1 Like

8 Likes

In case people were confused by the dress code :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Look, this world tour thing is cool and all, but it just starts to feel like the amount of “devblogs” where you tour around the world and get drunk is a significant portion of all “devblogs”. Not saying that’s bad and I wasn’t counting, maybe it’s just subjective, I’m just saying…

5 Likes

Anyone else find that axe video super satisfying? I can’t stop watching it.

Thunk! Right in the middle.

1 Like

I’ll admit that most of my throws weren’t that good. :slight_smile: Falcon just managed to catch one of my good ones. :smiley:

I think it was my fifth throw or something. Beginners luck.

1 Like

The schedule will be packed with both player and developer content this year but has been laid oud
→ *out

might wanna also make sure ya have ID regardless of your age.

1 Like

Heh. Yep. I’ve been carded there.

And that was with the beard.

1 Like

same and i’m 51 lol

1 Like

Can confirm pretty much every single person will be carded at the Omnia. One of the local volunteers went to check it out a few weeks ago and asked (since we’ve had that come up in the past), and was told yes, we card everyone, even obvious seniors.

Papers Please?

No, sorry we’re here for the Eve Online convention…

1 Like

The day EVE Vegas happens I’ll be stuck in surgery getting my knee worked on. Hopefully there will be another US event next year. CCP o/ come to Denver next year. Everybody have fun out there and fly responsibly o7

1 Like

FYI: They’ve announced San Diego for sometime next year, but dates haven’t been announced yet.

1 Like

:sparkler: Wait…I don’t see falcon on the “list of CCPers who’ll be in attendance”. :sparkler:

Does anyone know if he’ll be there? I’m sure he won’t take the time to read this.

What is the purpose of carding people? I mean carding those obviously old enough to drink.

To make sure they are legally in the USA? That’s all I can think of, unless the states has some weird anti-discrimination law that makes it illegal to ask people for ID unless it’s a strictly randomised (or complete) process. Like no profiling based on ethnicity, age etc.

Well, whatever the reason, that sounds just idiotic to me. If I got to the door and was turned away because I’d left my passport in the hotel safe, I’d go nuts.

Its standard practice in Vegas. Card everyone, no exceptions, to ensure the standard of carding people. “If they look old enough” isn’t really a great strategy when everything is so tightly regulated in the industry and the fines are massive.

1 Like

Still not seeing anything on the schedule addressing the BO debacle or anything of the current situation…

1 Like

If they card everyone, they can’t be accused of discrimination. (and then sued)

1 Like