CSM 14 has been elected!

That says more about you than anything about the people that got elected.

These people got elected because they represent the players that care the most about the game. If the high sec community actually cared about the game they will find someone to represent them and vote him/her in.

I have a free tip for you: how much you care for something is completely meaningless when the people in charge don’t care about it and you don’t have the abbility to change those people.

There is no force in the universe that could make CCP care for what they don’t care. You can deny it, be angry about it, try to bargain about it or feel down about it but eventually the only thing you can do is accept it and give your money to people who care about the same things you care.

CCP hasn’t given a sh*t of my EVE for years. Thus I’ve moved on.

That is not true at all CCP are reasonable, if you give enough logical reasoning sometimes it pays off, but yea its hard not to get emotional sometimes.

patently false … you really don’t “get it”, do you?

The lack of or even having Killboard stats doesn’t prove anything.

Yeah… I’ve seen a few people claim that the CSM 14 nothing but nullblock representatives. Yes, they still dominate the council, but Exookiz (WH), Steve Ronuken (3rd Party Dev), and Olmeca Gold (Whaler / Anti-bloc) all managed to get a seat at the table. Not ideal, but it’s better than what the analysts were predicting (8 seats locked up by the nullblocs before voting even began). Perhaps the 12% increase in voter turnout is what we have to thank for this.

And who knows, perhaps if we can encourage even more people to vote, we can see even more seats go to other playstyles.

Or we can keep complaining and asking for the CSM to be disbanded, and then get angry when that strategy fails us for the 9th year in a row.

5 Likes

It proves that he is using a char that will not tie back to himself, he wants no repercussion for his actions, if eve uni website with all the eve information was named Anonymous eve info would people still trust the info written in it? Not anywhere near as much as now it would not hold as much power.

Yet again too many goons. The other sections of space are never going to get proper representation.

3 Likes

At the risk of somewhat rudely interjecting, I’d argue that it matters little that his words can’t be traced back to, what, one of the 1,000 toons or alts that we all have. I’d also question why there would be any “repurcussion”, and just what such “repurcussions” would, in your mind be - I mean, there’s no way in the world that you could trace my words back to my PanFam accounts - but does that make them any more (or less) valuable/worthless? No, not at all…

What’s important, is not who says what, but whether the words carry any truth and weight. If they don’t, then just leave them be, to fester in the bin.

We can compare apples and oranges all day long - but that gets everyone precisely nowhere.

For my part, I’d just like to congratulate everyone (including the Goons) elected. I trust that you will all use best endeavours at all times, and sometimes, just sometimes, remember that a null mindset does not necessarily know what’s best for the solitary hisec carebear.

Congratulations! I’m kinda jealous of all the fun that you will undoubtedly have during the coming year :grin:

[Edit: typo]

3 Likes

I only meant repercussions as in to hurt the credibility of that character which yea doesn’t really matter because its 1 of 1000, but yea getting way off topic.

1 Like

vote-muppet-moon-cou-will-get-one-anyway-20412393

7 Likes

A bunch of the same names, and I am guessing more the same.

You know sometimes you have pick up the Etch a Sketch it give a good shake, not just keep turning the nobs.

Oh well back to Alpha, and not caring.

3 Likes

Bye then…not that we care…

1 Like

I have never asked for it to be disbanded.

My request is simple. Break EVE down into segments…

10 representatives.

2 High Sec
2 Low Sec
2 Worm Hole
2 Null sec
2 Faction Warfare

This way you have all 5 major groups covered.

6 Likes

I love how the whole world cries about electoral college and then cries when they get it the popular way.

3 Likes

Why don’t you run next year DMC?

2 Likes

Good question and thanks for asking.

Over the years I’ve thought about it a few times. I don’t have the backing of a large Alliance and I doubt my character has enough of a high profile to get elected. Also the qualification rules are kinda vague, specifically this one:

You must have a history of honoring the EULA and the Terms of Service. We will screen every applicant thoroughly and EULA/TOS violations on your record can result in a rejected application.

1 Like

Congratulations to all those who are elected.

I’m sure you are well aware that you are representatives of not only the community as a whole but also of the prospective new players who are not yet playing EvE.
And we all do care for the health of the game, regardless of what the naysayers here in this thread are writing. It’s just opinions that may differ.

But you are also in a very tough spot. I know what it feels like to be “just a counselor” and to see those in power make decisions you feel inwardly to be just wrong (and not even being able to talk about).

I wish you stamina and wisdom and unity!

2 Likes

I think they are mostly checking for signs of account sharing, you’d make a great CSM definitely go for it next year bro, you don’t need a whole alliance backing just a good campaign a clear vision and a good Vid helps as proven this year.

2 Likes

Thanks for saying that, definitely got time to think about it.

2 Likes