Welcome your new CSM

Greetings,

The 16th Council of Stellar Management has been democratically elected by the EVE Online community! Please join us in welcoming new and re-elected members that will represent the players and collaborate with us for the next year.

Voting data can be downloaded here.

13 Likes

First.

Also we already knew the result 10 hrs ago dude :face_palm:

4 Likes

Grats new CSM.
7 of 10 are from null bloc as usual.
Democracy is working !

27 Likes

“Democratically Elected” :rofl:

North Korea holds more democratic elections.

37 Likes

Disgusting.

Horrendous.

Shameful.

Congrats to the CSM.

9 Likes

makes me wonder how many actual people vote or how many votes lets say the 10 chars with the most character votes combine.

This topic is at least not in slow mode. Whether by accident or intentional, CCP at least wants to keep the illusion of good elections up.

12 Likes

Great diversification…

14 Likes

How many of them are goons? Three? Does initiative count?

How successful was their “■■■■ all pubbies forever” we’re only voting for ourselves campaign?

5 Likes

Congratulations to the CSM that got in!

That said, it’s really damn disappointing who did.

Suitona and iBeast are great, and will really help the game, Mike is a champ as always, and Brisc is good for a null bloc guy.

The rest just continue the usual inane nullsec bias.

Rixx, Teddy, and Arsia Elkin would have made a real difference, and I’m disappointed they didnt get more votes. Hope the nulllords actually listen on low is all I can say…

14 Likes

@Gay_Pride_BOOOOOM Was not elected so this CSM will be a failure, like all the rest

4 Likes

I would really want know the absentee percentage.

I got to say it is a really let down Ron didn’t won, I got the impression that highsec doesn’t vote that much, but on other hand happy Rixx, the architect of the WCS nerf didn’t get in either (yeah childish from me).

I was really hoping new and fresh ideas , specially to attract and keep players.

“What is the definition of Insanity?”

3 Likes

STOKED to see iBeast and Suitonia on there!! :rocket:

Great job guys!!!

2 Likes

GAG. Good luck with this popularity contest. Innovation is out the door.

3 Likes

in case people are interested:

How it would turn our with different numbers on the council (and the script to generate that)

1 Like

Honestly, as long as Ron didn’t make it, didn’t really care what other nullbloc guys made it in.

'sup.

–Gadget Greets

No, it hasn’t. This is not how democracy works.

In an actual democracy, you can’t generate votes out of thin air just by purchasing additional ballots (conveniently offered for $15 a piece through a storefront run by the electoral oversight committee) and filling them in.

In an actual democracy, candidates are given equal platforms, and present those platforms by campaigning and competing in debates.

In an actual democracy, measures are taken to prevent gaming the electoral process through organized bloc-voting in order to maintain a system ruled by a minority of tyrants.

In an actual democracy, elected officials are obligated to represent the interests of all of their constituents, instead of merely those of the special-interests group fronting their for-profit entity.

Don’t kid yourself, or anyone else here. There’s nothing democratic about the CSM elections, or the entire system the CSM represents.

48 Likes

Wow. Its impressive to behold the strong grip and power of the null block nullbloc have over the shape of this game.

When I started playing I wasn’t aware of how much power these guys hold (Burn jita would have been my first clue). I would lie if I said I am not impressed.

Congratulations

5 Likes

Oh look, the usual “that’s not democracy, you can tell because people who represent my interests didn’t win” crowd has shown up.

Well, look at the CANDIDATES. Very few from outside null.

Nothing stopped all the “other playstyle” folks from running. Just like you can’t get people outside null to vote in the csm election, you mostly can’t get anyone from outside null to even run in the 1st place.

It should also be noted that none of the people here who complain about the csm election every time can be found anywhere on the ballot… I’d bet my bottom isk that almost none of them voted either.

In game as in out, people would rather complain afterwards rather than campaign .

4 Likes

I don’t care who’s in or out.
I’m just simply happy that @Mike_Azariah still belongs to the CSM! He’s the best and always will be!
Woo-hoo!!!

14 Likes