CSM 14 - The Voting is Now Open!

Good day,

The voting for the 14th Council of Stellar Management is now open! After you read the content of our devblog you can use this thread for discussion with your fellow Pilots.

3 Likes

All the best to the candidates.

4 Likes

Long time since I voted but I did. Stitch, Mike and Steve in that order :slight_smile:

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Had to make sure I was able to vote on a couple accounts for this one.

NULL SEC MONOPOLY ON THE CSM HAS TO GO!

Just registered my vote(s), see this thread for details on voting: who, how and why!
It’s VOTING TIME!

TL;DR:
Vote OLMECA GOLD -> MIKE AZARIAH -> EXOOKIZ -> STEVE RONUKEN for a better, brighter, EVErlasting future!

(And GL to all the candidates, of whatever persuasion!)

3 Likes

yay, another year of null-sec lobbying.

3 Likes

Would have been so nice if you actually linkified the URL in the ingame notification. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@ISD I thing all voting suggestion must go out of this topic.

Update

I have finished my candidate cheat sheet. Yes, I know I’m late. I intend to get started earlier and budget more time in following years.

I tried to get to the heart of the candidates campaigns in order help players make informed voting decisions without having to read through walls of text or listen to 30 minute interviews. I did include subjective opinions, but tried not to misrepresent candidates. I also glossed over the null-bloc candidates, instead choosing to focus my research efforts on everyone else.

The Nosy Gamer also has a quick and dirty guide up. It doesn’t include a lot of information about the candidates, but it is objective and politically neutral.

Finally, the CSM wire is well organized, and provides links to interviews, ballot statements, and campaign threads.

2 Likes

Where is the option to vote “disband the CSM”? :thinking:

10 Likes

Since I know no candidates as a new player, your appointment is meaningless to me, just putting that out there.

2 Likes

Is there a disband the CSM or none of the above option?

11 Likes

Corrupted System Membership

2 Likes

CCP, please remake Game of Thrones season 8, disband the CSM, and make a light bulb that only shines on things worth seeing.

Also, I hate Burger’s face. Stop putting him in front of a camera.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d love to see hisec pubbies in a room with Aryth, Merkelchen, etc. Maybe they’d learn a thing or two…

2 Likes

You sound as if you know something and have keyboard courage?

Who should I vote for?? I don’t know who. anybody?

1 Like

It is not unrealistic to suggest ending the CSM, it has no popular backing as evident of the dire turn out it will receive. This is contrary to the Alliance tourney which was disbanded despite having a large amount of support.

The CSM costs CCP money well in excess of the small amount of PLEX it generates, scrap it & resort to free forum feedback for game changes.

CCP stop trying to cater Eve for the minority, which is exactly what the CSM is, see falling subscription numbers & S.Koreans angrily pointing at you then to downward sliding graphs & then back at you for more info

3 Likes

It actually has a crap ton of support. Nullsec loves it, and CCP loves Nullsec (their battles frequently make the gaming news and they probably have really good player retention). I know disapproval outweighs support on the forums, but consider that people are far more likely to visit and post on the forums when they’re angry (and not when they’re content, ambivalent, happy, or have no opinion).

Also, people have been requesting that the CSM be disbanded for at least 7 years, and possibly even longer (I get an error when I try to search the pre 2011 forums). It hasn’t gotten anywhere. So, what’s your second choice -Maintain the status quo, or try and see if we can’t get some better representation and pass through some reform?

2 Likes

The CSM should be abolished.

7 Likes

Bummer for all the Alpha accounts since only Omega accounts can vote.

Soo, I just cast my vote and first slots went to all the High Sec candidates, then the rest of the slots was hopefully filled with FW, Low Sec, W-Hole and a couple of Null Sec Candidates. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if most of them are actually Null Sec Coalition members.

Anyway here’s my list:

Lorelei Ierendi
Mike Azariah
Steve Ronuken
Liz Lizardbreath
Insidious Sainthood
Zap InSpace
Jurius Doctor
Matthew Dust
Xenuria
Manic Velocity

1 Like