CSM 15 - All You Need to Know

yea we don’t need anybody from CODE. on CSM. Which now that i think about it, half nullsec is CODE. alts so CODE. monkeys are probably already on CSM.

So who is standing for HS then?

Anybody?

Bueller?

I value this outlook and hope to make changes for CSM16 should I be able to make my voice heard loud enough. The concept of CSM is great but we should look towards iterations on the election process. for one if we do not know what is on the agenda how can we elect the most effective members for the task? Should CCP have a say on who they want as representatives on the council?

Nobody from CODE has ever been elected to the CSM. Besides the fact that you need people to like you to vote for you and everybody hates CODE, there’s like 15 actual people in that corp anyway.

1 Like

There are plenty of small corp, small alliance and independent pilot candidates running this time.

This is how it is in any democratic system. To stand any chance at winning, you need to have a large base of support that will show up on election day. But that’s not the only thing you need to win. There are five Pandemic Horde candidates running this election, for instance. Only one or two of them are going to win. Same with Goons, same with the other big blocs. And I don’t know why you highsec guys all think CODE has a lot of members. They’re like 40 dudes multiboxing.

They don’t care about democracy in the larger sense. They want a focus group of player representatives to talk to, and they want to give the players the chance to pick who they want to represent them. The players have to set these constituencies up themselves, it’s not up to CCP to do it.

And here’s why you guys can never get anybody elected. You don’t vote. Well, yeah, then of course somebody like you isn’t going to end up on the CSM. How can you expect somebody to run and win when they can’t get folks to show up and vote for them?

This is a self fulfilling prophecy, and the same nonsense we hear every year. You have no right to complain about the make up of the CSM if you refuse to go look at the candidates and find someone who is close to your playstyle to vote for, if that’s what you care about.

1 Like

And here’s why you guys can never get anybody elected. You don’t vote.

Actually, just for the record, I have voted before, several times, and I do take an interest. I didn’t actually say in my post that I didn’t vote but the fact that you drew this conclusion, says way more about your judgemental attitude than any reality of mine.

Well, yeah, then of course somebody like you isn’t going to end up on the CSM.

Hilarious. More judgemental attitude.

I did actually stand once. And then realised through the experience that no one independent stands very much of a chance because the process is so overwhelmingly dominated by the bloc votes and their ability to marshal their mass voting power.

You wrote, “This is how it is in any democratic system.” Whilst this is possibly true, you only have to look at how screwed up the world is as a result.

Donald Trump is an idiot who thinks it’s acceptable to physically molest women, that people should consider drinking bleach to combat the Coronavirus and who effectively paid, like most presidents before him, to gain power, not because he’s intelligent but just because he’s stinking rich.

Boris Johnson is similar, a sexist womaniser, he has fathered illegitimate children, taken taxpayers money and wasted it and made a complete mess of dealing with the Coronavirus.

Surely in terms of electing representatives within the game we can do better than this?

This is a self fulfilling prophecy, and the same nonsense we hear every year. You have no right to complain about the make up of the CSM if you refuse to go look at the candidates and find someone who is close to your playstyle to vote for, if that’s what you care about.>

As previously stated I will look at the final roster of candidates for this year’s election and I might even vote, if, to quote your fluid and articulate prose, I “find someone who is close to your playstyle”.

I doubt it, however.

What I’ll probably find is a bunch of macho boy gankers and it’s the same story year after year after year…

I value this outlook and hope to make changes for CSM16 should I be able to make my voice heard loud enough.

Are you standing?

1 Like

Yeah I am running, my interview is on Thursday with CCP

1 Like

Your comment of “why would I bother voting” was pretty clear. Obviously, you had a reason to vote in the past (hopefully not only to vote for yourself), and you’ve still got reasons to vote now.

Yeah, Olmeca totally never got elected.

Most every CSM is filled with smart, diligent players who care about the game and are willing to put a ton of time and effort into helping make it even better. The system is working.

You’d be surprised. The field this time is pretty large and diverse. I don’t expect to win your vote, but I think there are a number of candidates, like Icarus, Mike Azariah, Jurius Doctor among others, who would be solid votes for someone like you.

1 Like

There are alot of solid picks this year, quite pleased. I may not have enough votes to cover them all…

1 Like

All CCP had to do is do the voting in game and not out of game and problem solved. Then each pilot votes instead of only those that are informed about it.

Edit: What CCP has done has worked well very easy to get linked back to the voting page from in game.
Well played CCP.

4 Likes

Good luck to all CSM Candidates on the upcoming election. There was a lot of good choices but in the end my 4 accounts voted these characters for CSM.

1. @Mike_Azariah

2. @Jurius_Doctor

3. @Styxx

4. @PJHustle

5. @Phantomite

6. @The_Oz

7. @Kenneth_Feld

8. @Ikarus_Cesaille

9. @Juvenius_Drakonius

10. @Komi_Valentine

5 Likes

You cant set this up how you want, otherwise the large alliance would set up candidates to be in each ‘constituencies ’ and vote in their people that way. Also players can vote based on how many omega accounts they have so you break it again as its not 1 person 1 vote.

Also CSM are not the only players to talk to CCP. There are several content creators and such that do, The biggest difference between CSM and those individuals is CSM is told things that are confidential, and may be able to convince CCP before something is done not after.

If you want your voice heard try talking to more people in general.

1 Like

Not bothering to even vote this year, hardly even looked at the candidates tbvh

1 Like

You like to PvP. Stitch Kaneland would be an obvious choice for you, imho.

Commenting in a forum group specifically about the electoral process and candidates that you didn’t engage is like going to a restaurant and saying, “I didn’t eat, hardly even looked at the menu”; it’s such a non-incident you gain an honorary lifetime membership in The Scope.

1 Like

Team Mike 4 Prez

The Scope? Not if Mike has anything to say about it…

1 Like

I’m not allowed to throw a playful jab at Mike now and then? lol

2 Likes

Or like commenting that the food looks ■■■■ and so does the service?

1 Like