TLDR / Summary
Positive, constructive, and independent candidate without alliance pressure — Eve market expert since 2004 and new player friendly streamer on Twitch — will push for change because the status quo of abundance is killing content by deterring natural conflict — successful professional who will approach CCP at eye level — hardcore realist focusing efforts on achievable actions
Also check out my campaign video.
Quick intro about me outside of the game:
- I am 39 and currently living in Germany
- I have been fortunate to get the chance to live in the US for 10 years, South America for 8 years, Australia for three years and the rest in Europe
- Professionally, I have spent fifteen years in financial analysis and management consulting and now manage a market data analysis business
My EVE Online story:
I started playing Eve in 2004 and was immediately fascinated by the largely player run game economy and market. Since day one, I have been analyzing the markets, devising strategies - and yes also creating lots of spreadsheets - to gain an advantage over others and make that ISK. While trading has always been by focal point, I have also spent quite a bit of time in wormholes, where I still mainly live as part of a mid-size wormhole corp. I also like to spend time in abyssal space, which in my opinion is the best PvE content CCP has created so far.
Like most of us, I took some longer breaks from the game but was always drawn back in. Two months ago I started streaming on Twitch because I wanted to show new players that it is possible to PLEX an alpha account by station trading only while also teaching them how to do it. The success and positive feedback from the community definitely beat my expectations, so the stream is still going now. My main mission is to attract and retain new players to this fantastic game in order to secure its future.
My areas of expertise:
While I have tinkered in virtually all areas of Eve Online at some point, I am first and foremost a market trader. I have a very clear grasp of the Eve Ecosystem and and drivers that impact it. Every month I analyze the monthly economic report in detail in order to investigate the impacts of patches and player behavior on the in-game economy. I have created a myriad of spreadsheets to conduct my own analysis of the Eve markets, some of which I have shared with the community in order to enable others, especially new players, to become more active in the market.
What qualities set me apart from other candidates?
- I am as independent as you can be in Eve. I am not active in any big alliances or corporations and my complete focus is the health of the game. Through my stream and guides I help new players understand and be successful in the game. I invest a lot of personal time into this as I think it is crucial for the overall health of the game.
- I embrace change. I don’t cling to the status quo because I am afraid to lose power in the game. In my eyes, this has been a huge issue in the past. Too many changes were not implemented because a very vocal minority was too afraid to marginally adapt their playstyles for the benefit of a potentially healthier ecosystem. These players and candidates have lost sight of the fact that a stale game without natural conflict drivers like resource scarcity lacks appeal and will not attract and retain new players, which is the only thing that will ensure the survival of this game we all love.
- I am a hardcore realist because I understand what it means to run a profitable business in the real world. And in the end, that’s what Eve online is to CCP and Pearl Abyss. So I will not waste my and subsequently your time chasing unrealistic measures or campaigns. I will focus on action items that make sense for CCP as a business AND for us as a player base.
- I have achieved everything I have set out for in my personal career and my out-of-game life is well balanced. This means I can fully focus on the task at hand and will treat a possible appointment as if it were a professional part-time job. From my professional career I can also draw the confidence to approach CCP and the other CSM members at eye level meaning I will not shy back from intense discussions and I will not rest until I have done everything in my power to get you all what you deserve. A thriving game that you enjoy playing in whatever way you like to.
- Having lived on four continents for at least three years each, my extremely international background will allow me to seamlessly connect with players around the world to pool their feedback and effectively serve on the multi cultural institution that is the CSM.
Why am I applying for the CSM?
I love this game and want to play it for many more years. So I want to do my part to ensure that will be possible. While CCP has taken some steps in the right direction lately, I still think there is quite a long way to go and part of that is rebalancing the economy and larger ecosystem, something I have very deep expertise in. I want to help get it there and bring the experience and knowledge to do so.
What can players expect from me?
- Expect me to to listen to the player base and consider all sides of an issue before making up my mind and arguing for a position.
- Expect me to be humble towards the player base in light of the big task that you will have given me while confidently stepping up to CCP to effectively communicate our opinions at eye level.
- Expect me to always come prepared with a structured plan because I will treat this appointment like a professional job.
- Expect me to be a relentless champion of change. Unlike many other candidates, who cling to the status quo in fear of losing power and/or resources, I will fight for the necessary change to make this great game even better.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this and for considering me as your candidate for CSM 15. If you would like to reach out you can find me here or in game:
Quick note to better understand my character history: I am running under my public account that I also stream with because it naturally has the best name recognition. Due to the nature of the content I create, that means that it is a fresh account that I created specifically for the stream a few months ago. The corporation I run was just created last week in order to give new traders, who watch the stream, a place to hang out and exchange ideas. Feel free to reach out with any questions.