CSM 15 Week 2 Update

Well the second week is done and we have had three meetings so far in this week alone. One of which was a look at the Q3 Roadmap, our peek at what is to come. While I cannot go into details (you are going to see me saying that a LOT this year) I can say that many of the CSM are excited for what is planned. And for those who care about these things, Yes, we have asked about faction warfare and wormholes when the opportunities allowed.

Now a quick thing about Iceland. They do NOT get a long summer. As a result they tend to make the most of what weather and time that they do have. In my past years on the CSM this has led me to have low expectations for the short ā€˜get outside while that fiery orb warms usā€™ period when dealing with CCP. This does not mean that nothing gets done, just that it is done on island time. So if these briefings seem short you can blame NDA or summer or that I am just a miser hoarding secrets.

But I AM looking forward to what is to come. Once again a reminder to you that if you have questions? Issues? Send 'em in.

m

3 Likes

Remember: donā€™t let Brisc steal your thunder.

Everything that you like, it was all me.

Everything that you hate, it was all Vily.

Also - Mike, I think if you log out and log back in, your CSM tag will show up.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to attribute success to those who actually regularly engages with forum users (ie. Mike and Brisc) and Iā€™m going to attribute failure to everyone else.

@Mike_Azariah out of curiosity: without specifying which item, is the NDA flexible enough for you to say ā€œA lot of items on my platform were/were not on the tableā€ or ā€œI am/am not happy with the direction things are going inā€? A vague idea is better than no idea of what to expect when Righteous Mike is happy and Evil-Doer Brisc is sad :muscle:.

2 Likes

What is this thing you call . . . Logging out?

m

3 Likes

All I want to know is how loudly the null-lords wailed and moaned during any given CSM meeting.

1 Like

While everyone appreciates you two coming in here and communicating, let me second the request for a bit more info than we met, we talked, we became excited/upset. ( I donā€™t know the latin for that}
Brisc, you could say something like items I championed last time were discussed with at least 1 of them being actively worked on or Mike, you could state that your area of expertise was actively discussed and you think everyone will see important changes in HS in the very near future. Vague as hell, but somewhat more encouraging than a weekly acknowledgment that you two are still alive.

In an era of a renewed CCP development and broad and strong changes in the game by the devs, more information and impressions from you two are needed to quell the feeling of uncertainty and worry about whether or not anyoneā€™s particular playstyle is on the chopping block. We all know how ineffective CCP is when interacting on these forumsā€¦and give CCP Aurora a nudge to encourage her and her team to be more active here.

3 Likes

venimus, conveniremus, lamentavimus

2 Likes

They wonā€™t say that. Since this probably is borderline of NDA. Especially when ā€œitems I championedā€ can be ā€œbetter nullā€ or exact matter/idea. You wont get more than ā€œwe met, we talked, we became excited/upsetā€.

Two things,

1. Correlation is not causation so for the first little while anything coming out has been in the pipe for a while. We may be warned and give our feedback nothing we can or have brought to the table as part of our platforms has had any chance to gain traction or in some cases even be heard by the right folks yet. CCP may say ā€˜agileā€™ but we just got here and have not even met all the relevant teams yet.

2. I will not play guessing games and dance around the NDA with hints about whose agenda is being moved to the front. You will find out soon enough. Please do not ask me for such hints unless you are trying to get me thrown off the CSM.

thanks

m

2 Likes

So we should ask Brisc for hints instead?

2 Likes

I wonder if my tag is gone yet.

Edit: Freedom!

2 Likes

Thanks for the flashback to being an alter boy. :roll_eyes:

The only good thing that came from that was an appreciation for history. :smiley:

1 Like

Took me a while to figure it out, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will try to be a little more specific, at least in what I told CCP. Last meeting there wasnā€™t anything I specifically can talk about that would make sense in context. Just some of my soapbox CSM concerns that I bring up at the beginning of a term.

The other thing is that a lot of our advocacy happens in various Slack channels that arenā€™t part of meetings, and itā€™s hard to go into things like that because that tends to be a back and forth conversation. I can tell you Iā€™ve brought up the red dot, among other things, but I canā€™t talk about anything beyond what Iā€™ve said.

1 Like

Is CCP working on blue donut skins? Yes/No

I can play dominos better than you can
No wayyyy
I can

makes more sense when i sing it

m

NDA :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably Hilmarā€™s pet project - Purple Donut Skinsā„¢. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.