CSM 17 Summit Review

So far I am not exactly thrilled with mandatory Photon. Exactly as predicted, CCP has made things even worse in some areas that they newly touched.

A nice number of improvements, especially all sorts of issue that Brisc labeled as “laundry issues”, but also steps in the wrong direction. This is a really great prospect for the future.

A CSM member being an asshat is OK though? :ok_hand:

1 Like

Keep telling yourself that.

So you think you are special? How jolly modest of you.

Anyway, when are you going to pop over to the 21.02 Feedback thread Version 21.02 - General Feedback - EVE Information Portal / Announcements - EVE Online Forums and tell all the good people there that they are “whiny” “random dudes” who should just buy bigger monitors?

Because, as I predicted this morning…

… the forced change is going down a storm. But hey, CSM did not think it merited any pushback at their precious summit.

Gosh, 69 posts already in just the first five hours, 99.99% negative, and 26 in the paired Known Issues thread, compared to the 166 posts in nine days that @Dyver_Phycad and I are hyperbolically accused of turning into a “dumpster fire train wreck.”

Move along, nothing to see here.

Toodles

I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how few people have complained, honestly. Reddit is positively tame, and the biggest complainers are being downvoted pretty significantly.

As I told folks earlier this week, I expected the Photon team to make a significant number of fixes before the rollout today and they did. It’s not perfect, and there’s still work to do, but we are moving in the right direction.

Tread lightly, or else the next 25 posts I make in this thread are going to be persistent. Those 50 posts will be borderline belligerent on insisting – if not berating – Brisc to get us mother ■■■■■■■ cat ears and do a mic drop as his time with this CSM comes to a close. Those next 150 posts I make will reinforce the fact that WE ALL KNOW that cat ears are THE MOST important cosmetics and monetization (or lack of it) issue in this game, and people who want to discuss other things in this thread are free to ignore the 250 posts I’ll make.

I suspect you won’t have a problem with me hijacking this thread with 300 posts of my own on the VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC OF CAT EARS.

2 Likes

You are right, I have absolutely no problem with people posting freely on threads. Unlike some other people.

Well, Don Quijote, then then try a dose of “don’t be an asshole about other peoples’ topics” while you figure out what a windmill is.

2 Likes

If cat ears in any shape or form help to finance the server, it has my full support.

I know what a windmill is.

I also know how to spell the name of Cervantes’ eponymous hero, unlike you.

Better to be him than Dapple!

A guy like you is smart enough to know about the original spelling pre-invention-of-the-letter-j and dumb enough to think using modern language and spelling is somehow an insult.

A guy like you is smart enough to construct meaningful feedback on Photon UI and dumb enough to deliver it in the most repulsive manner possible.

You don’t have to keep following the pattern, but I’m not your mother and there’s no doctors that cure cases of Foot and Mouth disease.

Now who is tilting at windmills?

If you want to see how Brisc is doing in winning people over with his patronising twaddle regarding Photon, pop on over to the 21.01 Feedback thread. You think I am repulsive… ah, bless.

Toodles

You do realize you’re insulting yourself in this analogy, or are you suggesting I am giving you too much credit for your own self awareness?

Here’s how I see things:

You persistently presented your concern, very persistently.

You got feedback about stifling other topics here.

You and company rejected that because very few folks like me were ignoring you, successfully. Barely. So of course you weren’t stifling anything.

You insult the topics I bring up anyway dragging me into your petty squabble. Never apologizing.

Who are you proving right?

No, you can stay, I’ll leave this forsaken thread. I insist.

You and the others have already convinced me not to run for CSM next year, what else do you want? Blood?

1 Like

Of course not.

I am not a US lawyer.

What do you do? Let me guess - you’re in IT.

Not even warm. Though I have been an expert customer of IT.

I have been on the receiving end of plenty of real kinetic unpleasantness in my younger days, so petty insults here pretty much bounce off. Still do the same job, just don’t get rocketed so often these days.

I also have had cause to work with lots of lawyers.

Didn’t answer my question, but I shouldn’t have expected you to. Apparently folks are only allowed to taunt me with my profession.

Oh for pity’s sake. What I do has upset a lot more people than you and your little forum elves. There are certain professions that do not identify themselves on t’internet for very good reasons. Called Persec.

Thank you for your service.

1 Like