CSM and CCP, stop screwing us over

This is not a sandbox game, if it were CCP would stop interfering. Which they don’t.

I´d says ccp is looking for more players, atleast thats what it looks like from my point of view.
And PVE servers, any game (with option to choose pvp and/or pve), anytime, anywhere has always had the bigger number of players.

And i think it could be a marvelous pve game with some quest addition and more obvious goals.

SISI already exists.

if you want only the benefits PvE without any of the drawbacks of PvP, you shouldn’t be able to interact with players at all.

No selling your items to buy orders orders listed by other players, no buying items from the market sold by other players, and no items on contract to other players since all that is pvp too.

Most of the benefits in eve seems to be from pvp, and my point was that it could be a fantastic game even for people that doesnt love pvp. But then again, its just a thought.

It’s a bad thought that’s been had by hundreds of bad people like you and before you. Like I said, sisi already exists.

1 Like

And every time someone mentions PVE this is the first thing PVP players post, we can go in circles hand on hand of each other’s bums or we can just do what WOW did and be done with it, a server for PVP and PVE.

Here it comes; go to the sisi, in fact that place is not able to handle many players on it.

The fact of the matter is it can be done but what would a PVP server look like, and same for a PVE server, over time it should give ccp an answer on who is the larger paying group is and that is your customer base but with any business it is about maximizing profits and all (PVP and PVE), are wanted but it is the inherent bias of CCP devs who keep bashing certain player base to get beck to that “core” you speak of, sorry as they say the genie was let out of the bottle as they introduced PVE (specific), content and here we are many years later post the same craqqola and your puritan PVP argument is pointless as are PVE arguments, and that leads us back to the WOW solution as the only viable option, but I ante gonna lie, it would be an adjustment.

2 Likes

Implying they don’t know that already, which is a pretty stupid thing to believe.

Broken record on repeat,

As i said, the majority of the people in an mmo are pve based. until they start making changes to stop disrupting this form of game play, this game has no future.

Eve’s mentality is something like (in a wow format) “if you want to raid, you can get ganked while you fight a super-ultra hard boss that btw, if you die you lose all your lootz to”

It should be more like “while you fight a super-ultra hard boss, if you die you lose all your lootz to”.

Pvpers dont like that, and spout out this famous line “this is a pvp game” but the truth is what they are really saying is “we are egotistical assholes and want to pick on carebears, who cares if they dont like it they can leave the game, because its eve! a PvP game”.

As long as the immediate above remains true this game will continue to bleed all of its pve playerbase.

You want proof this is in fact true? disable high sec suicide ganking for 3 months (as an undisclosed duration). You will see people flock back to this game and have enough evidence to validate this.

4 Likes

If the game is a PvE game may I ask what is the purpose of PvE then.

Stop posting this ignorant nonsense. EVE had even more PvP disruption of PvE when it was first created, and somehow it had 16+ years of future (including many years of growth) ahead of it. So why does all of this magically change in 2020?

It should be more like “while you fight a super-ultra hard boss, if you die you lose all your lootz to”.

And once again you demonstrate your ignorance of game design. You can’t have difficulty in PvE because eventually players will figure out how to beat it, design an optimized farming setup and strategy, and reduce the risk to zero. Or, if you somehow make it impossible to do so, they’ll discover that it can’t be farmed and farm something else instead. The only way any meaningful risk can ever be added in a game like EVE is from PvP.

“we are egotistical assholes and want to pick on carebears, who cares if they dont like it they can leave the game, because its eve! a PvP game”.

More ignorance from a liar and a fraud. Why are you ignoring the people who do PvE and make an active effort to secure their own safety? PvE players are not forced by game mechanics to be helpless perma-victims, it is absolutely possible for PvP players to attack the raid group in the middle of a raid and get counter-attacked and slaughtered.

As long as the immediate above remains true this game will continue to bleed all of its pve playerbase.

Good. The people who ragequit over the fact that they can’t farm 23/7 with zero risk don’t belong in EVE anyway. They’re just going to get bored and quit so they might as well save some time and go directly to playing WoW instead.

3 Likes

Or to put it another way, enable HS AFK hauling/mining…

No…

1 Like

Are you trying to say it does not exist right now?
If people want to autopilot, they can. That is another issue.
If ccp does not like auto pilot, they should take it out.

Afk hauling exists, and its not because of sucide ganking exists or does not. Its because of AP.

No, that’s you strawman’ing…

Eve shouldnt be just risk vs reward but also partly greater effort greater reward, and by greater effort i dont mean having 20 orcas.

2 Likes

I agree. I’m a Indy/Research toons and like to carrier rat in null. I HATE PvP but will do Logi for them. How about supporting the Indy and research toons for a change. If not maybe will just move to Space Engineers because they sure do. You used to support us indy/research ppl but now unless you are PvP or in one of thier slave corps you are screwed

whut ?

The issue is - no one in null really needs more than a small handful of dedicated industry players. A pvp player could have an alt at decent skills to manufacture in a month from a standing start. Jump freighter logistics guys are useful but take a fleet doctrine like Mach’s - how difficult is it to throw 50 Mach blueprints in the oven and import the fittings from jita?

It’s always been that way, a pvp driven player who can build and mine bit to keep their war chest up is just more useful than a player who logs off every time ■■■■ hits the fan.

Highsec just received a massive NERF in the form of EC, the sole decent and accessible form of making isk in highsec. Nullsec gets to have 40+ sites a system, while the sole site that highsec had was nerfed to the ground. Thousands of players are worse off because of this.

lol.

2 Likes

lol.

Yup, lv4 agents require you to be omega, so newbies and alphas are screwed over, and to travel to a lv4 agent hotspot, while EC were in every other system and accessible to all highsec players. Incursions/Invasions require you to be in a fleet, hurting the solo player, the introvert, and the ones in timezones that don’t have many players and can’t form fleets well.

Naturally there are other ways to make isk in highsec, but it was the sole decent income source for the ‘typical’ highsec player, solo, not too wealthy, and limited in gameplay time.

1 Like