CSPA service charge

This notification is subject to a CSPA service charge of 10 ISK, which you must accept to complete the invitation.
According to the CONCORD Spam Prevention Act, all communication initiations between parties that have not explicitly whitelisted each other through the use of an access control list shall be subject to a configurable service fee which shall be collected by the Fluid comm operator.

Okay, WHAT in the HELL is that CCP ???

I can understand a service charge to prevent spamming but why does the CSPA charge me to e-mail a player ???
And itā€™s not even about the 1 isk or 10 isk, I now have 3 billions isk. Itā€™s the idea that Iā€™ll be charged just to e-mail someone !
Thatā€™s frankly unacceptable! Itā€™s extortion !!

CCP!! Quit being so GODDAMN greedy !! Iā€™m already giving you money for Omega AND buying PLEX ! What the HELL do you want from ME ?
NO, I will NOT give you full access to my bank account !

And Fluid comm operator ?? That sounds like a con-job ripoff just like your so-called ā€˜invasionā€™ !

I wonā€™t quit playing because the ā€˜learning curveā€™ is steep but if you continue to prove that ALL youā€™re interested in is to put your hand in my pocket with laughable and ridiculous excuses then the other games I own will look more and more interesting than your so-called ā€œSandboxā€

And YES, I wonā€™t be missed but EVE wonā€™t be missed either !

1 Like

Players can specify whether or not to apply CSPA charges to unknown senders, and what the charge will be (up to 1 million ISK). Most players do not apply CSPA charges.

It is a voluntary mechanism.

2 Likes

Iā€™m NOT an ā€˜unknown senderā€™ ! The player is in my Buddy List !

I think ā€œsenderā€ as in heā€™s never received an EVEmail from you before. He might not be aware he has CSPA charges enabled, though itā€™s not a bad thing. Most players donā€™t ragepost over 10 ISK. Thatā€™s less than half a second worth of Veldspar mining in a Corvette

I guess you didnā€™t read this:

Oh, I read it. But youā€™re still butthurt over a monetary quantity not even a first-hour-playing-EVE player would complain about. Itā€™s an effective spam mitigation mechanism :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

there are some corps that spam recruitment posts including to new playersā€¦ this helps mitigate it.

Wake up manā€¦ If your other post did not already show how clueless you are this definitely does.

It is not CCP that adds the charge to mail people it is the receiver himself. I can switch that on right now and when anybody tries to mail me they have to pay that charge.

So instead of ragingā€¦ maybe ask?

8 Likes

:laughing::joy::rofl:

Oh ok, cool.

My apology for the rant.

Sorry for wasting your guysā€™ time to answer this thread.

I guess this Forum isnā€™t for me. Iā€™m too clueless. Iā€™ll ask in-game if I need any info next time.

Good riddance

2 Likes

You didnā€™t ask a question in your OP, you ranted and blamed CCP for something that is in the players hands. Any answer has been appropriate to your rant, which ranting is actually against the rules of the forum. If you would have approached the topic differently, and asking what the CSPA charge is, and how to disable it etc, you would have gotten better responses.

I actually prefer the posts that are pure emotion, rage and anguish. The ones that try to debate game mechanics always end up boring and repetitive.

4 Likes

My two year old stepsonā€™s parrot told me to tell you to ā€œL2Pnubā€

I dunno what that means

Kids today and their acronyms

2 Likes

To be fair, as with everything else, CCP hasnā€™t documented this for ā– ā– ā– ā– .

No, itā€™s fine, rants are welcome too. Just remember that the forum rules state that you have to pay the anime girl tax when you post one. One anime girl picture per paragraph of rant.

2 Likes

To be fair, one constructive idea came from this post: ā€œmaybe CSPA charges should be exempt buddy list and/or blue standingsā€

:pen::spiral_notepad:

2 Likes

Closed at OPā€™s polite request.

3 Likes