CULTURE: Khanid Cultural Dinner [22 June 21:00 NEST]

You must understand, Miss Loai, some people have trouble expanding their horizons. I for one look forward to whatever regional cuisine and beverage you serve us. I know you would suffer none but the finest quality for such an occasion.

4 Likes

People will happily eat things like bacon flavoured ice cream made with cow milk, but even suggest yak or horse milk and then oooooo youā€™ve gone too far.

4 Likes

You know, itā€™s kind of funny that the assumption was made that I was speaking of Kumis.

Surely not the horse. Iā€™m rather looking forward to the horse!

The beetles are pretty good, too. Iā€™m not sure theyā€™re ā€œdinnerā€ food exactly, though.

2 Likes

Now, now, Ms. Arrendis, you actually liked one traditional Khanid fried dessert if I recall correctly.

Dare I ask which?

Dare I ask how Nauplius knows that Arrendis liked a particular dessert? Because that worries me.

2 Likes

Heā€™s always trying to feed people. Apparently thatā€™s the way to a ladyā€™s heart.

1 Like

It is, often enough, but generally speaking, kidnapping, enslaving, torturing, and murdering her people tends to cancel that out.

5 Likes

I, Lord Vaari ask permission to join your cultural diner.

Our alliance exalted leader is well known Khanid loyalist, Lord Crases.

In primary I ask personal permission to join.

Secondarily I ask alliance wide permission to join.

I will address this question off the IGS. You or Lord Crases will hear from me shortly.

I imagine you will be staying docked for this Dinnerā€¦

oh nice, a dinner, iā€™ll certainly be there

1 Like

Its spelled with a C. Crases, Kithrus Avrose Crases.

Iā€™ve noticed an uptake in my name being mispronounced or my title being left out with dramatic pregnant pauses. None of which is hurtful in itself but I canā€™t help but wonder;
Iā€™m one the lest popular with the Amarr bloc its true but itā€™s amusing that there are concerns of AM members being polite at this dinner but no respect is given in the first place.

1 Like

You know, Crases, when you respond to a gesture of goodwill that LUMEN gives you in such a petty manner just because the Directrix very slightly misspelled your surname, which is pretty reasonable considering itā€™s not part of your CONCORD I.D. for whatever reasonā€¦ well, itā€™s no wonder why more respect isnā€™t given.

6 Likes

Yes well as mentioned its been a trend that includes yourself.

Like so.

Iā€™m not part of LUMEN. Iā€™ve no interest in giving you any gestures of goodwill.

4 Likes

Politeness costs nothing.

Seems like thatā€™s too high a price for some people.

1 Like

This is blatantly untrue.

The cost in of a requirement to be polite to people who keep on talking about atrocities against your people and committing acts of betrayal and treason, is immense.

It costs energy in self-control, and it costs public perception in what is deemed acceptable.

And more over, it costs dignity. It is not free, emotionally, socially, or spiritually, to act meek and call someone ā€œLordā€ or ā€œMissā€ or ask them to kindly consider your perspective or even simply stay quiet, when they promote subjugating you and murdering or torturing you if they cannot.

3 Likes