Current King of ratting?

hven’t played for a few years, used to be Pimped out golems, though ridiuclously spendy were the undisputed kings of ratting and anomolies…

is that still true? What’s changed last few years? There a new king?

1 Like

Yes, Marauders are still one of the best ships for running L4 missions and most PvE activities, for ratting or Anomalies there are some different metas, among others are groups of smartbombing BSs (4-5 players), if you want a cheap alternative you can go with a VNI and orbit at ~40km range and watch rats be pulverized by your Heavy Drones. Some also use the Rattlesnake which does the job almost as good as a Marauder.

2 Likes

But as far as a pimped ship expensive solo player, marauder (golem) still is it eh nothing better even at high cost?

Paladins just…if I recall they were just awful…the lasers just couldn’t handle it, and kronos either cuz the rails couldn’t compete with the missile damage.

Speaking on null sec for the less price that pimped golem you could by thanny and run those through easily also keep in mind that t2 hulls insurance still broken as years before but you got a descent amount of isk you your carrier popped.

While missiles does have the advantage of not being locked to a single type of dmg (EM, Them, Kin or Exp), they do have their own flaws which is missile travel time. Guns on the other hand have the advantage of the dmg being instantly applied, but then the flaw being that they are locked into 2 types of dmg; Em/Them for Lasers, Kin/Them for Hybrid, Exp/Em or Kin/Them for Projectile.
So it all comes down to how effecient you want to run your PvE activities. If you want Speed above all else then Guns is slightly better than Missiles, but if you want diversity Missiles are the best to use. Lastly if you don’t really have a preference between the two, then you can use Drones as a midway option with the benefit of being next to no running costs (unless you lose your drones).

2 Likes

Heard the Nidhoggur is the way to go

2 Likes

the Hel… dank tics

2 Likes

Super ratting, anything else is a waste of time

2 Likes

For ratting in nullsec I would recommend a VNI running anomalies. With good/near-perfect skills you get 20m ISK/tick while only risking 80M worth of ship+modules.

To earn more ISK/tick simply scale up how many accounts you’re running at once. With 5 VNIs on the field you will get almost 100m ISK/tick (assuming no interruptions) which is a lot more than a carrier and almost as much as a super, however the amount of ISK you are ‘risking’ is miniscule compared to the amount you earn.

As far as I’m concerned this is the ‘best’ answer as you could, in theory, scale up how many VNI alts you have indefinitely, as long as the system you’re in has the anom capacity. You can’t do the same with carriers, supers, or any other ships, as they require micro which makes multiboxing difficult.

2 Likes

I find that view flawed on missile flight, I know it takes 3 salvos to pop most battleships I come across of 3 salvoes and im switching targets come 4th. 0 waste if your worried about that as most people point out to me “OMG your wasting missiles and a cycle!!”

Regardless if you manage your launchers correctly to achieve 0 wasted salvos there is still missile flight time, so there is nothing wrong with what I said.

1 Like

For L4’s blitzing Machariel is probably the best. I use that in combination with Vargur depending on the mission.

For max income will mix that with burner missions that require specialized/expensive smaller ships.

1 Like

One point, depending on how long you have been away, Micro Jump Drives. Some of the pain of the Paladin was dealing with missions or anomalies where you could not avoid spawns close to your ship.
With the advent of the MJD, land, align up, MJD away. Now those frigs with high transvsrsal havebti burn straight at you and die.

1 Like

Kings of ratting? Titans? Supercarriers do the job very well. Pricey, not as much as titans tho.

At first you should look into mirror. Look at yourself in the mirror. Ask yourself: “Do I have a job?” If your answer is: “Yes, I do have a job!”, then log into account management and buy a PLEX.

Ratting is the most inefficient way of life in both game and real life. Period.

2 Likes

Do I have a job? Yes! I’m smart enough to convert real money for virtual plex cards and feel like a king? Yes! Go buy PLEX!

1 Like

until your in so much debt you have 2 jobs just to make ends meet and are filing bankruptcy to void what you have to pay on the credit cards.

2 Likes

Paladan was never bad, it was and still is cap heavy and requires excellent gunnery and cap skills to use properly…

never really understand the hate for the pally. yes, it’s restricted to em/therm BUT…

Crystals instantly reload
INSTANT damage application
Excellent projection to 100km+

For sansha/blood raider level 4’s there is nothing more efficient than a well skilled pally for that combination of clear time/tank/dps and tractoring ability. Fit Tachs. Keep your guns separate. You’ll find you can usually instapop anything smaller than a battlecruiser out to like 80km. when a lot of your missions have rats spawning at the 40-80km range, which is really the sweet spot for the pally’s beams, you can literally warp into a room and instablap everything as fast as you can lock them.

In contrast, the golem is a better all-rounder but slower, the vargur also has instant damage application but has to reload and suffers from higher tracking issues with artillery, and I’ve never flown the kronos so I can’t comment there.

TL;DR
If you’re doing sansha/bloods 90% of the time: Pally
Anything else: Golem

1 Like

I using a myrmidon, drop drones, microjumpdrive out, orbit big rock, cheap and efficient. Have to stick to forsaken hubs though.

1 Like

I rat in Blood Raider area when i don’t feel like PvP or such.

Solo: VNI - ~20 mil tick without loot and salvage. If you want to also loot and salvage, drop MTU at each location and come back later. You will get 5-7 mil per site, but IMO it’s not worth the time spent. Best is Forsaken Hub for this.

Gang of 3: Machariels with SBs, it’s literally AFK ratting, go to rock haven, turn on reppers, turn on SBs, MJD out when rats are dead, go to next haven, rinse and repeat. ~40 mil / tick without the implant for Energy Pulse Weapons. Only problem that a fit is almost 2 bils.

From return of investment point of view, you’ll earn more with the VNI, as it pays itself in 1 hour of ratting. Machariels pay themselves in 1 week or so if you are not doing hardcore ratting few hours a day every day. If you have the budget, go Thany and rat solo the havens, Cons: lots of micro management for fighters, and awareness. Need to align first, etc.

Or, the fun way: create a fleet, go shoot rorquals , freighters and other big stuff, get the loot.

1 Like