Current Loot System (PvP)

Ugggggghhhhh…

Run the site, drop a MTU, bookmark it, and go on.

The MTU will be done by the time you return.

There’s no need to change the looting system

It’s created some of the best stories in EVE.

1 Like

There would be more of those stories if there was more to loot, instead of raw isk payout delivered straight to an unstealable wallet.

No there would not. The loot that most often leads to battles is the loot generated post PvP. It’s people trying to make a living off the spoils left behind from those other people they killed.

And we have what you are asking for, the Encounter Surveillance System. It’s a mobile structured used for ratting in nul. It really does not seem to generate content or combat.

Just popping in to say this is a shameful idea and you should feel bad :facepalm:

1 Like

Because its broken, also bounties are not handed out as tags if you go the regular route.

Tags would have so much benefits for the game:

• makes botting more difficult
  • foster MTU shooting
  • get more if you hunt down ratters
  • help the market if tags have to be handed in off region

In general creates more interaction, and helps fighting AFK activities (at least a bit).

If a ratter is loaded with tags/loot, that is more loot generated ( or specifically, dropped) post PvP. A destroyed player ship does not generate loot. It only drops what was onboard - loot fairy.

You arent making sense.

These arguments are for couple of years just in front of CCP devs noses. Still nothing is done. Probably responsible people fear the wrath of established ratters with CSM plugs.

/puts on tinfoil hat

1 Like

Nothing is more rewarding than a mission runner trying to get his loot back :wink:

2 Likes

But it’s not all about the mission runners. I remember many a great battle in RvB being fought over who gets to loot the field. The back and forth, reforming quickly to get back and kill off the fleet so we can claim their loot and ours, it was a blast.

Even in nul, my heart was racing as I snuck up to loot T2 prober wreck near a gate camp. Netted me a nice 30 mil for the probe launcher.

You are contradicting yourself.

I am proposing that the isk value is delivered, in large part, in loot.
Yet you seem to wish it was delivered in large part in isk, as now.

Make up your mind.

A wise man once said that shooting rats was PvE, and that getting away with the loot was often PvP.

3 Likes

This.

You cant steal their isk, but you can steal their loot.

I’m not talking about mission loot at all.

I am talking specifically about the conflicts that can occur over looting a PvP field of combat.

What I am saying is that your concept, “more loot dropped by rats intead of isk bounty would lead to more conflict” has absolutely nothing to do with the loot leading to conflict concept that people are talking about.

People were talking about looting a PvP battlefield. The OP said the loot should be given out through a redemption system. Many of us countered that the fight over the PvP loot has lead to many great conflicts. Ratting and NPC bounties do not play into it. This is a topic about PvP loot. So your notion, though well intended and potentially being a suggestion for new features and ideas has nothing to do with looting a PvP field.

Neither am I.

Im talking about PvE loot, instead of isk.

That applies to NPC bounties, integrally.

TLDR: Instead of isk in bounties, PvE should drop loot (perhaps tags) that are worth the remainder in isk. This is similar to Officer Effects which are traded in at isk , or this model could have LP value, to an NPC station.

It doesnt really matter what form the loot payout takes, as long as its not raw isk straight to the wallet, thus creating more opportunity to steal the loot either onsite or by wrecking the PvEr filled with those.

Loot is loot
Any change you make to loot applies to everyone

And the current form is balanced for everyone.
Why change something that’s not broken?

I am not advocating any change.

and lose it to the mtu hunters \o/

\o/ indeed!