Current state of highsec crime

I’ve been getting nostalgic about EVE and I’m thinking of coming back to the game after a 2 year hiatus. Last time I had logged in I found that my style of targeted solo wardecs had pretty much been nerfed out of the game. So what opportunities are there right now for murder & robbery in highsec? Any fun new ways to ah… make the best of current game mechanics at the expense of the carebear population? Any Belligerent Undesirables still keeping the dream alive?

1 Like

Meh, don’t need a wardec to murder people in highsec, just a pile of catalysts and a willingness to lose them :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

BU is very much still alive, maybe not to the same point as before, but still :smiley:

2 Likes

What’s high sec crime? Can I get an impact statement from all thread followers?

2 Likes

It’s still viable, but it requires new and different strategies. The target style is a little different and it requires a lot more use of spy alts. Luckily alpha accounts = infinite spy alts. It’s not the shooting fish in a barrel it used be though, it requires more dedication and more finesse.

1 Like

Shooting MTUs can lead to fun.

3 Likes

Somme people still mine with Jeff and and stealing those tends to make them mad.

OP, are you talking about the nerf to watch lists? It had a big affect on WH hunting.

It’s pretty much ganks, mass wardeccing and scams now. Everything else has been almost totally killed off.

Surgical wardeccing targeting ships isn’t viable since the watchlist change, the people that did it are now mostly in the mass wardec groups (like Marmite).

Surgical wardeccing targeting structures isn’t popular for some reason…

6 Likes

I’ve been doing this lately, you’d be surprised at what people leave lying around in their old POS.

1 Like

Oh yeah POSes can be lucrative. I was more thinking of the new structures where you get almost nothing unless you hit a very rare scenario like a 30 day build order for cruisers.

2 Likes

Yeah, the watchlist thing was what killed solo wardecs for me. I ran one or two after the nerf by placing spies in the target corp, but decided that it was just too much work for my limited play time. With these alpha accounts it seems like it would be a little easier to raise a stable of spy-alts, so I may give it another shot.

Anyone know how ninja-ing has changed? My off-grid boosting ships look suspiciously like on-grid boosting ships now and that throws a monkeywrench in my gears a little bit.

1 Like

Solo wardecs are still possible. Like a few others have pointed out, It does require more work, but still doable indeed, especially if you’re willing to invest in other alts vs a fleet of alphas (alphas make scouting difficult IMO since you can’t be on another account while on a alpha and by the time to log back into main the target will be gone).

Aside from wardecs there is the old fashioned ganking still as well if you wanna go that route, nothing stopping you from doing that. :blush:

That would be correct, off-grid boosting is also no-more. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

let’s be honest off grid boosting was OP af

7 Likes

Almost nothing, rigs fitted cause loot to drop

Not denying that, I agree that is was. I had a love-hate for the longest time because I had to bring the roqural on field, but at the same time, had a nice mining yield. :grin: Overall, I’m glad offgrid boosting is gone.

It’s not no loot, but there’s not the frequent 5b payoffs nor the rare 25b+ ones.

I know someone that hit a POS that was producing Golems. They walked with multiple freighter loads of T2 materials worth forty billion.

Edit to add: If someone hit my old manufacturing/invention POS they’d have put 25b in the hands of the loot gods and probably walked with half, assuming I didn’t evacuate the stuff in time. If they hit one of my Raitarus, I’ll be down 1200-2000m depending which they hit, and they’ll be up only a couple hundred million.

1 Like

I know, that’s what I liked about it.

2 Likes

There are still plenty of ways to be a shithead if that’s what you seek. Beligerent Undesirables is still “active” but is more or less a place where content creators hangout, so if you’re looking for like-minded individuals I would start there.

Wars without the watchlist are def more of a pain, but that’s nothing that some focused and personal wars can’t take care of. They are still great content. Ninja’ing and suspect baiting are still a thing and will probably always be as there’s no shortage of fools here in Eve.

1 Like

Psychotic monk was a moron…your progenitor. Used exploits regularly, and several failed csm runs? There’s no shortage of fools in eve. You surround yourself with them.

Crime is fine…only knuckleheads needed the watch list.