Current war mechanics

Can’t say . Maybe CCP will make a month “structure transfer” with a % chance to transfer structure to the attacking fleet.

Also it would go completely out of Eve if killing a hull does not destroy it …

Dear OP,

A cheer to you for well describing the feelings of a now dead play style. Good memories. Good kills, good loot, definitely more losses… getting personal…

Tl;dr you fears are correct. Everyone expected shell corps for structures and most HS carebears jumping into non-eligible entities, because both options are easy, reduce risk and have no drawbacks whatsoever. And it happened.

From time to time you get glimpses of past splendour: corps that wants to make a stand or make a mistake, but rarely.

So join the blanket and kill without desire, a drone pushed only by inertia and kill stats. Or try something else.

I wish you luck in both cases.

Fly safe.

3 Likes

Ok so this will completely kill the mega wardec corps and their current members will split to solo wardec hunting corps. Is that what you want?

I mean why would you even form an alliance with these rules? It has only drawbacks, costs extremely long to train, I think it was 2bil to learn and further upkeep costs. When you can stay solo and don’t cooperate with other players?

Yes and that would be a good thing for pretty much everyone. To be more precise: it wouldn’t kill them completely but it would solve the problem that resulted out of those mega wardec corps.

No they wouldn’t. Corps of different sizes would form and do PVP on different scales in empire. This is basically how it was round about 10 years ago. You would still have big wardec corps that keep wardeccing zerosec alliances and wait for idiots to enter a tradehub. Those big corps wouldn’t wardec smaller empire corps though because that would most likely be not “efficient” for their way of doing “PVP”. But there would also be small corps that would actively hunt for their targets with passion which of course is what i want. That was my whole intention.

Well, exactly the same way as you do it now i guess.

Why do ppl form alliances in the first place then? This has nothing to do with this topic at all. Big wardec alliances were already a thing long before you were able to wardec pretty much everyone at the same time. So whoever like that kind of clay pigeon shooting would still be able to do it, just not on a level that destroys the game for many smaller corps.

It’s not about staying solo… you clearly have no clue what you are talking about, sorry. We were cooperating in small groups, others in bigger groups. And yes, some ppl were doing that stuff solo. But why the f*ck should they not, if they want to? It’s not like everyone was playing the war-game solo back then.

Thank you but i stopped trying to find something exciting to do in eve. At the moment, there is unfortunately nothing that would keep me playing. As you can see, i still check back here and there though :smiley:

I hope you found something for yourself though?

Ah… so I gather you were not around 6-10 years ago in EVE or never did any wardecs. If you were part of the wardec community during that time you would understand why it was better then the current iteration.

1 Like

I don’t know why but I find it rather relaxing. It has never bothered me to do for some reason.

Small structures aren’t worth the ammo to kill them.

Drones and lasers with t1 crystals = no ammo use.

Eve’s war and crime mechanics used to be the most interesting, visceral, and immersive pvp mechanics available anywhere in the gaming community.

I loved it… and I played it non-stop.

The retirement of crime and war mechanics that COULD hurt people’s feelings was the retirement of the community that played in those mechanics.

I quit like the rest of them.

I found this online one time looking for the killboard of an old “griefer” character I had.

http://smug-bastard.blogspot.com/2014/01/one-good-blast-from-past-deserves.html?m=1
(The first few paragraphs are hard to read, jump 5 or 6 down before starting)

This guy wrote the story of me griefing him and his Corp… 3 years after it happened.

This was obviously a major event in his mind. This war, like many others, didn’t even stay on my radar as a major event… even though he’s right.

This war creates some of the top PvP players in Concentrated Evil (a Corp I helped start), which went on to become the flagship of Marmites.

The guy who writes this blog and his friends got war from two griefer corps. We kicked the tar out of them. Then the other guys got them… and they started talking to us. We extorted some cash out of them and then we… liked them.

And relationships and friends and interactions happened.

We refit and trained them, and crushed the other griefer Corp… with them.

This was a story. It was visceral and emotional and FUN.

This guy remembered it enough to blog about it 3 years after, even though he was on the losing end of almost the whole event.

This was Eve when it was fun.

I find it impossible to play now.

5 Likes

I always enjoy reading blogs like that, cheers for the link.

Try … http://novakaneinc.blogspot.com/ , Kane has chased me out of Minmatar lowsec a few times lol.

We still try to hunt the old traditional way, but things have changed alot. Contact me by mail in game if you like

True, it’s no lie that as someone that used to enjoy hunting and stalking war targets the days of old were the best. CCP’s vision of wars has shifted to one where instead of attacking players and ships, it’s all about the structures.

Wouldn’t be so bad if access lists and war immune corps didn’t exist.

Can we eliminate the cool down 24 hours? Why can’t you just have a hard end of a war. The structure goes down in a fight its over; end. You don’t pay the war bill the war is over; end.

Why give a free day to players that don’t pay the bills or another 24 hours of a defeated corp to keep being attacked and hunted when they are no longer war illegible?

Ok, but no 24hr warmup. Dec goes live immediately.

3 Likes

Sure, as long as we get rid of the 24 hour wait period before the war starts.

1 Like

Ah, you guys want sneak attacks. Na. If a corp has no more structures they should not be at war anymore. No cool down. You don’t pay your bill; it should be over.

The warmups and cooldowns are there to give CONCORD proper time to process the paperwork involved with legalizing combat in High-Security space, friend.

I can tell you’re oh so anxious to not be hunted as soon as your structure goes pop or the bill goes unpaid, but rest easy - only 24 hours till you can mine your heart out.

War mechanics are perfect as they are, PvP trash that can’t cut it in lowsec and nullsec can keep crying, no newbies or carebears for them to bully :slight_smile:

I dont want to shoot newbies, but rather the guy using them as a meat shield. Keep hiding behind your “I’m protecting newbies” arguement for why you arent war deccable.

1 Like

I dont want to shoot newbies, but rather the guy using them as a meat shield. Keep hiding behind your “I’m protecting newbies” arguement for why you arent war deccable.

Nah you just PvP trash that wants to hurt new players, go meet me next time I’m in lowsec if you really want to shoot me, problem is your terrible at PvP and won’t LOL