Cyno counter

Like… Quoting? Highlight the part you want to quote and then click on “Quote”…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be better to change mobile cyno inhibitor? I agree that it is quite useless as it is now.

Current cyno inhib issues:

• short range of area of effect
  • short duration
  • long activation time
  • cannot be scooped back
  • visible on dscan (ie. nobody is going to be baited by it - if they see it there they won’t use cyno in its range)
  • and for the effect it is very overpriced (or too hard to make)
3 Likes

why do i keep seeing threads like this yet continue to go weeks with active pvp and never see a cap or blops gang? i mean am i just some enigma or do these guys play in a way that some how leads them to getting dropped on over and over?

ways to counter cynos

System jammer

deployable jammer

Zkill

obvious bait is obvious.

HS

WH

cyno restricted sites ie FW

ways to counter cyno counters

covert cynos

keep your cynos clean

less obvious bait is less obvious

cyno off grid with a tackle on site

yeah seems pretty damned balanced all things considered. if anything it leans in favor of not getting cynoed

i mean ffs almost every idea in this thread turns cynos into things only useable by large groups something i’m pretty sure is the opposite of what they want

and yet they are regularly used… fancy that

short AOE

yeah… its not supposed to deny the entire grid only force you to have to cyno from farther away. otherwise it turns into first to cyno and anchor wins.

Short duration

well that’s relative for the most part they last more than long enough to swing the fight if your enemy doesn’t react

cannot be scooped back/cost to much

again relative make these things any cheaper and large groups can toss them around like candy currently they are not out of reach of small groups but still cost enough to make larger ones thing about their deployment

visible on Dscan

well yeah… they were never meant to be used as bait nor do i feel they should be.

long activation time

again this one is important. it does not completely deny the area immediately. It forces your opponent to make a choice.

A. drop early possibly before all pilots are ready or show more of their hand than intended

B. wait and try to kill the inhib potentially delaying the drop a deadly amount of time and take DPS off ships

C. wait and try to cyno from a different point potentially putting your fleet out of position

1 Like

i think you are one of the goons or pandemic !one of this or maybe both!
Come in goons space …and you gona se cyno everywhere

when they see a ship…dosent mether if is jut a cruser they just cyno and jump with rorquals…titans…super and everything!!
i live in stain…there is no way to pvp in this region…
ok i chosed to move in nord…i jumped 2-3 gates onyx everhywhere with cyno!
ok i moved to drone region…same here
goons have cyno evenon capsule bro, check theyr killboard…everyone cynooooo!!!
they bite you with cyno in all psible ships in the game and all psoible alts…ou can check all killborads in the world thatyou wont gona espect!

cyno needs to be nerfed…or when you do cyno to have some 15-20 seconds until you can join the fight!
maybe to load grid like when you log in game and come from warp in cyno location…depends on ship warp speed!

once again i can go weeks w/o seeing a cyno there are areas all over eve where they are not as common as you claim including TWO ENTIRE AREAS of space that disallow cynos

if you don’t want to play with cynos you don’t have to its one of the great parts of eve. you get to pick and chose what sets of rules you want to play with.

1 Like

first of all is not fair like players to come on field gate by gate…and other joining fight just presing jump…!!
IS NOT FAIR!!

cyno should be a …a beacon…! achored on pos or a structure…not to be made by a ship
cyno for jump freighter to be changed in another module and to be launched by a ship.
.but the one for capitals and super capitals to be on structure!
i do`nt know how it willbe god…but cyno need to be nerfed…F1 MONKEY JOINING IN A FIGHT TO EASY!!

well if it’s that easy why don’t you do it? i mean it couldn’t be that there is actual work involved and that the fight does not simply pertain to the time and place the shooting happens?

■■■■ with your logic it’s unfair that a freighter gets ganked. its unfair that a BB was killed by 3 frigates, it’s unfair that the brawler was killed by a kiter.

FFS HTFU and stop bitching. cynos can and are avoided cynos can and are completely eliminated from peoples game cynos are not as simple as “press button win”

1 Like

what is the chance to escape to a cyno that have scarm on you…and there is a super jumping,
is targheting you in 2 sec and you die in 4-5 and i say that becase small ganks have no chance in this game to have fun! new players also
you should stop bitching around F1 Babuin.
cyno should give a warning before is up like small ganks to have time 15 seconds to take action and regroup or bail!
if you are a small corporation you canoot cyno counter…
cyno inhibitor need 2 minutes to anchor…you die in 2min x60 time until this is anchoring
sistem jammer…wtf are you talking about? do you think you can put one in goons space or this systems ? this you can put it only in suveranity space ///and thereis no chance cuz of players tha gona cyno you before think to put it up
do you ever think like cynabal to put cyno? (checked killboard…and history)

about freigters should have a separate cyno! like thos one that is in game.//but only for transport ships not for F1 babuins

go to goons space for one week and you gona undersand me!
until that stop reply!

excuse me as i try to break the code that was your post. its tricky at first you think its English but as you go deeper you find it’s anything but

you lost the fight when you let yourself get scrammed just like a condor loses to a kestrel once it gets caught.

yes they do i have spent the last five years in small gangs that consist of new players.

wat?

… they do there are several seconds after a cyno first goes up before the first ship loads grid even if they timed it perfectly. not to mention all the pre-warning you had via zkill

small corp and newbies

… its not meant to counter that type of cyno

maybe idk don’t go roaming in the home court of one of the most powerful groups in eve this could help you in the future

yes that’s right for such a powerful tool you need to put in the work. and considering we managed to hold almost an entire constellation out in scalding pass for almost 3 months with just 10 core pilots and a handful of newbros yes there is indeed a chance you can get one set up.

this part of your code i could not break

yes cynabals are indeed often used as cynos. so are brutix, paladins, gnosis and many other ships. and yes using zkill is a great way to see if a pilot has a history of being bait before engaging.

i do not need to go to goons space to know that’s a bad idea. at the same time there is nothing wrong with goons space being this way. you do understand they didn’t get to that point by magic right? and that it is the culmination of the combined work of thousands of players over more than a decade?

2 Likes

i’m a top of the top pvp player and a really threat when i come with my incredible ship to a low sec system so they decide to risk everythings on me! what a fight!

no serious, if they just take time to check my zkill, they dont have to move all this thingies, even a nyx! :slight_smile:
i understand them, it’s so hard to get a kill upon 30m so they do the job properly
cyno? only for coward who cant fight with a big epeen behind them!
o/

… you sound like a miner bitching about CODE

1 Like

So if someone drops capitals on your gang it’s unfair , but if u kill a defenseless mining barge or ratting VNI with your small gang is fair ?
No , you don’t care cause it’s not your loss right?
Stop crying , if EvE would be fair it would have a match making system like other games…

5 Likes

They do have a cyno counter…its called weapons, you even get to pick from all the kinds of modules, drones…missiles…lasers…pick one. The cyno pilot is immobile and incapable to defending themselves xD kill it with fire and if you are too slow…sorry get better.

2 Likes

yea but i have to jump gate by gate to catch that mining barge not just pres Jump!
after all you have time to warp when i jump gate!!you have a huge chance to escape…
in compararion with a cyno i you are pointed,you are dead in seconds!
even not pointed supers put sirens on you aftej jumping in 2 seconds!

I think some if you don`t have any ideea what you talcking about!!
cyno up in 0 sec
super jump -tackled in 2 seconds
is not any chance to get out or kill cyno in 2 seconds!!
some of you leave coment here without know even how that worcking

Between jumping and tackling are multiple seconds , cause the super is at least 2-3 seconds in jumptunnel, + locking time of a super with NSA + lockingtime of those fighters , so we u get tackled by a cYno u have at least 10 sec. To escape.
Don’t get in scram range , have a MJD and you are safe , if u get scrammed it’s your fault.
And tbf if a ceptor jumps in a system and warps to a belt u prob. Have the same reaction time as getting pointed by a cYno.
So stop crying , sometimes you are the wolf and sometimes the lamp.

1 Like
  1. Fix Cyno inhibitors there is no reason they should not work like Standard mobile Bubbles.
  2. Adding fuel cost to move stuff is always a plus. Makes me more isk from ice products.
  3. can also just allow heavy and Light dictor modules nullify cyno modules. This is also a plus for market as it adds more value to ships and modules and makes a swing in market price.
2 Likes

translated

saying that is like you are a good pvp=-er but i checkt your killboard you are just a noob talking about alien strategy!

first of all to tackle a ship you need to put scram…in that time you get scramed too…
and here im talking about something else...this game is resumed only on cyno! NOBODY is idiot to go in scram range but you have to do it...after all you dont go in scram rannge…but everyone now have cyno on ship…and you have to bail fight…bailing fight everyday cuz in any space all have cyno…and there is no fun!

OPs baiting u silly gooses