D'ceet is D'parting: Please D'leet

Every time I show up to a fleet with no ships in my hangar Dceet is always the homie with a loaner who lets me undock and live out my wildest spaceship fantasies HONK

I was also underage around the time of the first CSMs, back then I did some veldspar mining and then logged off for 15 years.

I returned with the free days granted on Viridian launch. At the end of those I bought in for an Omega month and looked for corps. A good friend, someone who I have not said words to for a decade, saw my steam notification pop Eve Online and sent me a message “who ya flying with?” and I was all “I’m just veldspar mining bro, I’m not really really getting back into the game, I have babies nowadays. I have a family” He recommended goosefleet.

Anyways… the experience in the flock has been so good I bought a second month of Omega. That’s some of my story and I think there’s a lot of people with similar stories if you went from Viridian launch to Eve Forums.

I endorse D’ceet!

Will you stop RMT and Gambling operations being run off TOR and other means, D_Ceet?

Do you have any examples of these operations?

+1 honk

D’ceet is a fantastic candidate that will actually work hard to improve the game.

HONK!

What’s your stance on your own alliance using EULA violating software, to extract INTEL from the EVE clients, and instantly relaying them to your Discord - considering you officially and knowingly endorsed the usage to avoid getting caught ratting/mining/botting? :thinking:

5 Likes

A couple of easy softball questions:

• Are you aware of the individual that is actively developing the following Eve Online botting code?
  • Should botting activities be available for everyone equally?
  • Is this the game direction Eve Online should go?

Don’t worry, if it is no longer available, I’ve saved it as it appears now for everyone via the Wayback Machine:

Last Updated 2 days ago

Mentions building out “observers” aka bots that automatically report neutral pilots for nullsec

“My god what hubris this has all been.”

“This is a bot, you aren’t supposed to be trying to get a smooth and creamy experience out of it.”

2 Likes

As a CSM candidate, how do you feel about botting, scripting, and alliance leadership condoning their overt and proven use to gain an unfair advantage over people playing by the rules?

Do you have an opinion on this matter, other than “eyes on intel/skynet and you’ll never get caught”?

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

You’re a disgrace to this community, their players and all the effort we put into this game. Hope you get banned. And all those around you supporting your cancer way of playing, if that’s even playing at that point.

3 Likes

Let’s get a couple things clear here:

D’ceet was not directly involved in creating Skynet at any point. He recommended its use because;

Gooseflock Featheration leadership (ie myself, D’ceet, and the remainder of the directorate) were led to believe the system operated in a EULA/TOS-compliant way. Since this is not the case;

Elusif has been removed from the alliance, and the system has been shuttered on our end. This included kicking the corporation which the characters were in, and ensuring all access previously granted for the operation of the Skynet system has been revoked.

GEESE doesn’t support or approve of botting. We were misled and failed to verify the claims of someone who, despite his prior history, had given us no reason to doubt him.

8 Likes

He is in screenshots directly replying to a character that is very clearly saying his software violates EULA/TOS. I don’t think the defense ‘He didn’t know!’ can be used in this instance. Claiming to not have knowledge of how this software worked is gaslighting at it’s highest point, there is zero chance that someone can look at this software and think that it is compliant with EULA.

6 Likes

D’ceet is a good dude with tons of experience in EVE. definitely my pick for CSM!

1 Like

Hey hi!

Alliance executor/IT person for gooseflock featheration here. Expecting D’Ceet to know what a memory address is and how it could possibly relate to botting when he is not a technical person at all is a massive stretch. Hell, as a devops person I didn’t know what Elusif was doing, only that we were told it was all above board.

If anyone cares to audit actual gooseflock-owned code, our community code repository where we release all our modifications to GPLed software is located here: Gooseflock Featheration ¡ GitHub

As for D’Ceet, he is a wonderful person and a great FC and I am confident that he will join us and all of you in taking a strong stand against botting.

1 Like

Are you actually trying to say that you can see real time information being posted to discord (such as in this video) - where the discord bot posts the information before the character jumping into the system loads the grid - everyone in a leadership position who had knowledge of this saw it and went ‘Yeah that looks ok to me.’ Not a single person flagged this at all. I’m sure some people will believe you, but really… come on. Stop hiding behind ‘we were all told it was ok’. No one told you this, you turned a blind eye until it was made very public, and are now trying to distance yourself as quickly as possible. As was stated earlier, the person in question had his Github account linked to his Discord account, all you need to do is look at the readme of that repo.

Everyone involved knew exactly what this was.

7 Likes

You are welcome to believe that, but the facts simply don’t align.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A USB INTO THE PORT. ITS INNER SPACE ISBOXER AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH MY BOTS, CHIEF HONKSPECTOR BARNABY, HONKULE POITOT, RIDERS OF RODAN, BURGER KING GHIDORAH, MECHGOOSEZILLA SCRAPYARD, KONGA LINE, AND MOTHRA HOUSE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NANO GANGS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SCOUTED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS REGION. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE MEMORY ADDRESSES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I MINE

2 Likes

On further thought, I can see how something so blatantly obvious slipped past the keen eyes of leadership.

5 Likes

It’s amusing seeing skynet users coming out of the woodwork to defend their champion of unfairly gained profits.

5 Likes