Dealing with Federal Citizens

Despite me supporting the action itself, especially at the time, I am sure most people would agree that while the Federation did declare war on the State it only did so in response to an action that every nation would define as an act of war.

While not openly signing a declaration publicly, the State’s actions were the aggressive ones with their incursion in to Luminaire.

No matter how much we may miss our cradle, two estranged brothers cannot live under the same roof for now. And breaking in is still against the law.

Ah yes, because holding the Caldari homeworld hostage could only lead to peace right? The Gallente have always held the upper hand throughout known history, so how dare the little brother want to take what was their birthright when they felt they had grown up. The Caldari was not allowed to have a place there without unjustified conditions being imposed upon them.

1 Like

I only talked about you. As far as I know you are not the State. At least, not yet. And I hope it will never happen for the wellbeing of the State.

You seem to have forgotten the fact that in this place, in public, you were openly supporting a group “designated as ennemy of the State”. I found that shocking at the time and still think it is today. I consider “you” an ennemy of the State since that day and I will do so as long as you will have postures that put the State in jeopardy by your public postures.

I salute Valeri Valate on the effort to educate people even if I think that it’s a useless try here.

Asinine. The Caldari peoples heritage of subterfuge and dishonesty can not be ignored at the heart of a collective that has mutually adopted transparency as a unifying credo.

It is fair to say that the majority of Federal citizens are deliberately distracted in some form or another, yes. Yet, there is a core of rigorous discipline in those that are determined to see through the glare. The vigilant hold grip.

Which is an outright lie that only gallente propagandists are capable of.

It was never about me, it’s all about YOU. And me, I am just a soldier of the State with a perfect reputation and employment history, and since you’re openly assaulting State military personnel on public media, yes, it’s all about YOU and about how we shall deal with a threat to State reputation in YOUR face.

It doesn’t look to me you represent any organization (maybe it’s a FIO though, per chance?) Thus actions will be taken only against you.

I find your behavior to be hostile against the reputation of Caldari State, and thus I am now treating you as a suspect in a criminal offense (public slanders).

I demand your immediate surrender to my crew, that will conduct a court martial for your person, or to any Protectorate or Navy personnel who will transfer you into my custody.

Meeting you in space in any capsule ship (before facing the trial) will be considered as armed resistance to arrest and will lead to swift termination of the said asset, that now you shall be aware of. If the destroyed ship will have any Caldari people on board, you will be as well considered guilty in putting State lives on risk and you will be guilty in their deaths. Just spotting you flying around in any Caldari ship after this warning even without its destruction will be added to the list of the crimes you’re wanted for as a suspect.

Well, it’s either a democracy or not. Whatever form it is, it implies that citizens are responsible for the government decision. And if this so-called “representative” democracy implies they’re not, then it shall not be named as “democracy” at all.

The whole concept that general population shall participate in taking the decisions is flawed from the start. Nobody ever was born equal, and only people trained for management should participate in elections or management itself.

I guess we shall do some sort of operation to capture Foiritan who was responsible for appointing Admiral Noir and even sending him to ram that station.

Well, if you reference the Federal prison camps by that and what is happening there, yes, we know that official Federation denies that, but taking into amount the extent and persistence of these practises makes think that they are pretty much sanctioned by Gallentean top tier political circles. And I was primarily having on mind exactly these crimes, not some random Federal soldier maraudering or raping civilians, that I believe could be tackled even by Federal court martial… I hope, but really not much, considering they aren’t tackling what is happening in Prison camps.

Yes, it is. I was just hoping that the Empire could look into this?

Noted.

And what about transferring people as prisoners and not slaves? Without selling them and just dumping them to MIO officers for them to decide if they want to enslave them or not? I mean, it shouldn’t be illegal if you submit people to legal law enforcing authority for them to decide their fate, especially doing it voluntarily without any compensation, right?

Indoctrination in viewing enemies as faceless foes is doing us a disservice. It’s simplex. Individual systems and colonies and outposts have radically different forms of representation and election and nomination. Yet Gallente law binds them all.

What you and I have in common is appreciation for justice. It consolidates an aggregation of disparate peoples into a Federation.
That is why your accusations must be erroneous, because if they were not, the the contracts that keep us would shatter.

What exactly it has to do with “representation”, “election” and “nomination”? As far as I see, these are just methods of execution of outdated and inefficient management system that is used by the Federation. It is really irrelevant, with the same extent they could just have anarchy, it’s isn’t really much better.

Excuse me, but I refuse to treat as a “law” a system where practically institutional on an industrial scale physical and sexual abuse of prisoners of war is not persecuted.

As an Officer, I am not allowed to present any erroneous accusations. If you believe I did any of that, you shall point directly on that accusation so I could either retract and apologize for it and face the punishment, or to show it is to be true (since one who accuses shall always be able to present evidences). Otherwise I would consider your words as a defamation attack.

:rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

It really is irrelevant to you, but very relevant to the citizens that choose to maintain such systems of self governance.

Please note that I am being extremely careful not to accuse you of any wrongdoing or demean your uniform and office in any way. I do not doubt what you have reported is very real to you.

My existence as an independent individual and that of the Monastic Order formed to maintain our kin would not have been tenable without Gallente law expressly forbidding non-consensual slavery.
The contention to be free of my progenitors Jump Clone obligations is the reason why I undertook the practice of the law you seem to easily dismiss. This practice lead me to my position of responsibility within the Order.

Yet, from this side of the dock, the specific injustices reported seem deliberately calculated, perhaps even specifically engineered by persons beyond your station to drive a splinter into the heart of The Institution that unifies this great Federation.

It is too convenient a festering wound to exploit and too stupid a blunder for a constitutional agency to enact to be looked at in any way other than askance.

It shouldn’t really bother citizens in large numbers, because the question of governance shall be the question of elites, not the masses.

Do you realize that even by saying that you’re actually accuse me of wrongdoing?

Here in the State we do not accept “subjective realities”, the reality is only one, it is objective and it doesn’t care what others think about it, just like the stone doesn’t care if you think it’s a rabbit. Because it’s just a stone. It has no opinion. And it won’t become a rabbit only becasue you believe it is. Attempt to replace objective reality with subjective can issue you a one-way ticket to a certain class of medical facilities.

Thus whatever I report shall be real for everyone, not just me, and making claims it’s real specifically “to me” is a rather direct and toxic looking insult, implying I might be mentally unwell to not accept the objective reality.

The idea of “non-consensual slavery” looks awkward to me. In the State all forms of slavery are illegal, and there is no separation on consensual or non-consensual. That is actually the main reason why I won’t be trading any slaves with the Empire, and can offer them only prisoners. If I’d accept any payment for them, it’s me who will be sentenced. In the State selling people is strictly forbidden, and if in Federation it is allowed when it is “consensual”, then it’s quite close to the Empire, actually, where it is used as a penal punishment. I wonder though, are there distinction between consensual and not-consensual imprisonment and jailing for criminals in the Federation?

And yet so far I haven’t recieved an explanation from you, which exact of my word you consider untrue. I demand to either point exactly on that or bring apologies.

My mistake was to offer a possible reason why such complaints are difficult to grasp.

The scope of your fixed view on our world is limited. I will not say it is invalid, because it is not, neither are your feelings on the matter. Your allies might tell you that a fixed lens is effective and efficient, but only in a narrow set of circumstances.

I’ll leave the apologetics to your brethren. I do not have the stomach to argue that my view is superior to yours. Take the topic up with an Intaki diplomat, they generally have greater patience for stubbornness than I.

Thank you for the compliment, but even we have our limits when it comes to Caldari / Gallente disputes heavy with ingrained prejudices.

3 Likes

I’d have to look up the relevant chapters in Imperial Law, but I’m fairly sure that just turning up somewhere, offloading prisoners and expecting the MIO to handle them, counts as “littering”, if the officer of the day is in a bad mood. And littering aboard station in Imperial space carries a hefty punishment.

So I wouldn’t recommend trying it.

1 Like

Damn, Commander, you wild. I bet you’re a blast at parties, babe.

Do we?
We are a Federation dear, so perhaps a republic, but democracy…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.